the Rift

Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil. [Thor, Hector]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Beneath the heightening rays of heat that Tall Sun provided, I felt more alive. I felt a certain freedom in the knowledge of knowing that winter had passed and summer had returned once more. However, as I had deducted, there was always a damper too all things so sweet and his name was Dúchanar. As arrogant as he was, he seemed to pull a tight smile from my lips. Harsh words were bitten back in favor of silence and I was more than happy to merely stand and stare. If he desired a fight then he had come to the wrong place at the wrong time. I was bristling with ill-temper at the thought of something like him encountering my own sweet daughter one day. This rare breed of insolence should seek abolishment if nothing else and the thought alone soothed me. Once again he had taken to insulting my benevolence and replacing it with his own taste of palpable greed.

If he longed for redemption, he would not find it here. If he longed for some sort of resolution, he would not find it here. If he sought sympathy, he sure as hell wouldn’t find it here and I was certain that by the time he was free of my company he would learn just that. Many creatures in Helovia were not so kind, so forgiving. Many would laugh at his sharp tongue before ripping it clean from his lips. My eyes narrowed at the thought, debating whether or not I found this punishment deserved. But I, as unmoving as I was, overlooked his transgressions- for a time.

Seeing that you’ve nowhere else to call home, I would suggest you bite your tongue. After all, you won’t encounter many that would extend such a courtesy on your behalf. In fact, if you feel the need to proclaim yourself to be so self-righteous, perhaps you can prove it. You stand before me seeking my help and yet you are ignorant enough to deny it upon first breath. Stand down boy, you won’t find the answers you seek should you remain here in The Threshold awaiting pity that you do not deserve.

My teeth ground against one another now, growing hard with cool derision. I attained the rank of nurse for The Edge, but that did not mean that I was so nearly soft-hearted that I was so easily taken advantage of and it seemed that I was not the only one to agree. The other brute was as large as I and his face, although kind held certain hardness to it that I was not likely to see otherwise. He seemed proud and confident in the way that he held himself and I was glad to find him in favor of my argument.

Looking to him now, I eyed him with an understanding gaze before nodding solemnly. The words I had spoken had never sounded truer and I knew that this sadistic creature would do good to remember them.
ooc| So sorry about the wait!

Messages In This Thread
Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil. [Thor, Hector] - by Dúchanar - 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil. [OPEN] - by Dúchanar - 01-29-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil. [OPEN] - by Dúchanar - 02-09-2013, 01:33 AM
RE: Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil. [OPEN] - by Dúchanar - 02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil. [OPEN] - by Dúchanar - 02-13-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil. [OPEN] - by Thor - 02-09-2013, 12:50 AM