the Rift

can you see my blood when I'm bleeding

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e n e
i don't want to go under

If she had thought this through she might have been wary of what a start she would give him.

Faelene just had to know if he was real himself, and by his reaction she wasn't going to question that again. Though, if she could have made it less of a surprise attack she would of. Sadly going back in time was not her specialty. No, it was being a shadow. While she was tempted to simply disappear once more, hide from his eyes after he struck himself, injured because of her thoughtless actions she knew she better not. It would make it worse. It would...well make him more whatever he was. He would probably call it "fine", and she would believe everyone was a liar. That was far easier than assuming anyone told the truth.

"I'm sorry, I just... had to be sure you were real," she breathed, trying to squeeze it out without fumbling over her own mouth. She as much more like the clumsy derp that had startled him, Lerya, and Delinne by the creek. The thought of it made her want to squirm. She had to hold herself steady, tighten her muscles, fight against her instincts to keep from moving closer. Her own pupils were large, ears twisted, and flattened to her head in apology while she gritted her teeth to say no more. It was too late to stop him, and what would invading his space accomplish? He probably had everyone in his face, and she had likely caught him gaining a private moment of sanity. He hadn't looked like he was succeeding. It looked like he was battled more invisible demons than just her. It was why she couldn't hold back, walk away. Right now it sounded like a nice idea. A night to never be talked about, or real.

Holding tongue in cheek, the guilt wore at her nerves for her cruel trick. It took a great deal to collect himself, and she was concerned she had set something off. When he was recollecting, she hung her head, eyes to the ground while her hoof chipped at the edge of a dead thistle. Trying to force it over didn't distract her, but the least she could do was not stare at him like an idiot. Who wouldn't come unhinged by such an act? There was nothing more than came to mind, feeling the heat in her face, in her chest by her own embarrassment.

When there was no more quickening beat of lungs and heart, she slowly let her eyes creep up to his white facade. There was nothing familiar about it, it was without mask, without cover, it was raw. It was what she had thought she witnessed in her sneaking, something had put a wear on him. Maybe, he felt after such a performance there was no need to fake, when he spoke her name she recognized the emotion was flown into his tone. The way he hung to the rock, before he bared his own weight. He had entirely avoided her words, but he was giving her same kind of smile. It wasn't really a "Mauja" one. She didn't want it, nor need it. Psyche had figured her out. Faelene could see through things. At the same time a coy grin curled her muzzle, and her red whipcords twitched behind her. "If I promise not to do it to you, does that count?" She asked, not hiding the mischief that was sparked in her dark gaze. Feeling that her own beating heart had settled, and she didn't feel the awkward, runaway slave was here any more.

The red maned soon added,"I don't like making promises I can't keep...but I feel for your stellar performance of being alive I owe you something....." Having some light humor, and a hint of not talking about it couldn't hurt right? Though, she doubted she could make even unless he wanted her to spill her guts about some secret of herself to keep her from talking. Black mail didn't seem in Mauja's department.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
can you see my blood when I'm bleeding - by Mauja - 01-27-2013, 09:04 AM
RE: can you see my blood when I'm bleeding - by Faelene - 01-30-2013, 02:31 AM