the Rift

can you see my blood when I'm bleeding

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e n e
i don't want to go under
Nose scrunched just so at his echoing laugh, but if the awkwardness died with it she wouldn't fall back to shame and embarrassment. Actually she found it a lot easier to breathe, to sound an amused chuckle by his answer. A whole circle of guilt, apologies, and making things fair wasn't necessary. He could not have know her precise reaction, only her surprise, not miscalculation. Faelene could swear she came into this world backwards. The twisted ways fate kept her alive. Playing a game of hide and seek with death trying to lead her into its eternal spirals, but it only brushed her, not able to get a firm hold. It had only gripped her once, tempting her to exchange life for its promises. A shudder mangled her shoulders, a cool breath slipping from her nostrils ,attracted to the ice it briefly becoming a smoky looking wisp. The Basin wasn't a warm climate, but the pointed pillar made the air around colder. Never seeing his master work up close, she avoided touching it, but found her eyes drawn to it's peak, then working down it's sleek side to see the lines, and loops of frozen water. Could he make a kingdom of ice? The logical side of her mind wanted to argue his power must have limits. "It's beautiful," she whispered, not sure why she said it or why crystal, translucent particles were. Faelene found beauty, and interest in things differently because the world though cruel had its enchantments. Or was it the life of that spike, had brought out a piece of him? Whatever was keeping it there, his will, he let it disappear where it had came. This time there was no dramatic twists, she casually stood while it dropped. Hopefully it did not take him with it.

Mauja wasn't a mind reader, not knowing her want of explanation, but holding on to their similar irises Faelene knew she wasn't hiding anything for a change. There in the coarse blue she was greeted with recognition. Swirls of sky blue with frosty touch that made her think of home. While she meant to speak, she only blinked back unable to pull from them. It was the warmth of an exhale, the red maned closed her eyes. Only for a second. Quiet voice caused her ears to stretch forward, distract her from the hues she couldn't escape. A mild smile, a shadow of a sheepish grin, and past Faelene she kept her voice hushed. "I was pondering how we are alike, other then bleeding, not being able to sleep, and the horns crowned upon us. Something about the coldness of a shadow, compared to ice struck me. I realized I always thought of the contrasts. White and black. Leader, follower. Male, female. Then I realize I might know your name, but I don't know who you are. I might think I know, I might know pieces, but I might have this warped picture. Then I ask myself do any of us know ourselves, let alone another?" That all came out didn't it? She didn't fumble with it, or continue to smile like a shy girl. A puzzled, exasperated look captured her face as if it was a great riddle that bested her and she never would understand. She hated that idea, and it made lines show in the workings of her mask. This wasn't the first time she had thought about it, but she wasn't sure why she voiced it to him. It was probably more a subject for a philosopher (which she was not), not one to throw at a King returning home with his own questions. He had said he might not know and she didn't need an answer, she only had to voice it. "My mind sees it all as an impossible task. If I could see a soul it would have a lot written on it, and I think what a long time till I read it, had it memorized by heart. Then it could change, and maybe I wouldn't know it. I might have nothing. It would be something else. I know I'm not the same, I hate to think what a glimpse of me might be. Do I know myself? What piece of me someone would have...what if I only had a piece of them and nothing more."

Breathing a sigh, her ears tucked back, thinking she might not make any sense. It was an issue that had bothered her deeply. Leander, he said he loved her. She didn't think he really saw her, knew who she was, or understood her. She had no idea why she was the object of his affections. Phaedra, that one made an interesting story, Faelene really had no idea what image she was conjured in her head. Tolio, did he actually see her? Anyone else she felt like the shadow with the blood trail. Chin dropped, and she felt a twitch in her right shoulder where she had a crooked triangle scar. A stomp of her hoof it subsided, but there were something pressing inside she tried to shove deeper, back to the depths. She didn't want to meet his eyes.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
can you see my blood when I'm bleeding - by Mauja - 01-27-2013, 09:04 AM
RE: can you see my blood when I'm bleeding - by Faelene - 02-03-2013, 03:39 AM