the Rift

Make sure you get there first [Psyche]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e n e
milk it for all it's worth

There were a few things Faelene wanted to discuss with her Lady, and she hoped she wasn't busy. She would love one uninterrupted conversation that geared toward the more "normal" side of the spectrum. The issues varied, some lighter than others. She wanted to try to gauge her leader's own thoughts, feelings on some them. Get a read for what was happening in her own home.

Naberius had apparently figured out the trail here, and since Faelene found his scent Psyche must have approved of him. Which she had to remind herself was a good thing. It left her curious how happy the Empress was with her recruit. Since she didn't say a word to Faelene it could be assumed she was, or that bastard may have lacked to mention how he had ended up here in the first place. Maybe, that's why the question nagged.

More important she wanted to see what kind of information Psyche wanted from the enemies. Sending her two Phantoms to the hills was a bit of a start. What else did they need? She couldn't help feel there was a lot more the DarkEmpress wanted, and needed done. Elizabeth, and Aurelius' freedom was the biggest thing she wanted to discuss with her. They had to do something, and she wanted to know what Psyche did or did not want to happen with the Throat. It was her decision, and Faelene rather leave it to her as her trusted leader. Halting in the familiar woods, just at the edge where the grass broke free into the sun, she let out a call for a wanted audience with Lady Psyche.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The shadow-mare was overdue for a chat with the only worthy Thief candidate in the Basin. Power and leadership was always something that she had longed for, but she hadn't expected to be so... busy. As though she hadn't enough to do with her leadership of the Plague, she now had to deal with the non-racist fools of the Basin. Why would they bother to live somewhere that only accepted unicorns if they did not believe in such things themselves? She did not understand why they continued to flock here, though she did not complain. A herd forty strong would prove useful if Helovia ever fell to war. And, if the Time God's request that they remain apart from the rest of Helovia was any guide, that could easily happen.

Still, this day had been remarkably uneventful, and so when she heard the call for her attention, she was fairly quick to answer. Quick pistons left indentations in the emerald grass as she trotted forward from her place by the hot spring; passing under the trees left dapples along her ebony pelt. She was not a pretty fae, but in this light, there was almost something pleasant about her. Perhaps she looked softer, kinder. Or perhaps it was simply that she was forced from the shadows, where she preferred to lurk. "Faelene," she greeted the red-maned fae. "I have been meaning to speak with you." Her vocals were straightforward, lacking their usual poison. Perhaps she was growing, shifting from someone who hid behind masks and facades. Or perhaps she simply knew that false pretenses would gain her no favor with this mare.

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e n e

A spy shouldn't be empathetic, and emotional. Shouldn't be tied by heart strings. They were probably not much of an honest sort either. Something of at least counting on a liar to always lie, coming to mind. Was her life consumed in being what she wasn't? She was not sure when she crossed lines of real Faelene, and the imposter, because at times there didn't seem to be a line. Home, safe and sound she knew herself here. Home never broke the mask a lot either, and it would remain part of her face. The pound of driving steps, she lifted her head pleased to be answered so quickly. Maybe, there was nothing going on for once. The aura about the Lady seemed to tell Faelene so. It was a bit odd how they had shifted, fumbled, searching for some equilibrium between them. (More Faelene probably) It seemed they had reached something, no sort of front on either of their parts. It was least one single reason she did not mind serving the Dark Empress. There was respect, and a sense of trust. Faelene did not yet want to test how much of either one. They existed, and she admired how much the other dark lady did and accomplished.

Pulled her head down in greeting, she raised it slightly letting her neck hang in an arh as her eyes found the white blaze, the amber eyes. Her ears upon Psyche, she had the feeling this might be a bit of a chat. One that would hopefully be smooth, she prayed. Hind leg slightly kicking out she brought it under her, finding a more comfortable place. "Well, then I guess we'll kill two birds with one stone." A smile slipped to her lips, but disappeared from sight. She wanted Psyche to go first. She might tell the red maned something specific she wanted, or needed done. It seemed rather better to let her leader speak her mind, especially if it could be the same thoughts."What is it you want to tell me?" She asked, letting a wisp of interest work in her tone. A brief blink after she had let her eyes look around she was certain they were alone, and she was eager to listen.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Power had once been something that she had sought to gather, to hoard, to hold onto with every fiber of her being. For another to have power was to challenge her; for them to hold any manner of control was for her to lose it. But leadership has a funny way of rearranging one's priorities, and the shadow-mare had recognized and accepted that she simply could not do it all. And so Deimos, her General, had risen, placed into power from her respect of the fear he inspired. In battle, he would truly be terrifying; on a daily basis, he was intimidating at the very least. She did not fear him (though perhaps she should have), but she knew that others did. And that was what mattered. Besides, he was loyal to her, or at least to her cause, and that, too, was key.

Myrddin had been her next appointment, becoming Haruspex easily with his elderly wisdom and gruff counsel. Sure, he had supported Mauja far more than he did the jackal, but they had had a longer relationship. He was loyal to the Basin, though, and she doubted that he would set out to overthrow her. He seemed to be more an observer, content to watch, gather information, analyze situations, give advice. No, he was no threat to her. d'Artagnan had been an almost automatic appointment, strongly devoted to their common cause, if not to her, and skilled beyond reason. Yes, she had distributed power ever so well amongst them, and it had left her free to recruit, to protect. But there was still more to be done, and Faelene, it seemed, had stepped into the hole that Psyche left. The pair had reached a relationship built of mutual respect, and the shade neither liked nor disliked the red-maned fae. But she had proven herself useful, worthy of a higher office, and above all, she was loyal to her kindred. The Empress knew that Faelene would never join her in beliefs, but in the desire to protect what was hers? She would indeed.

An amulet swung from her nape; she lowered her head, allowing it to slip into the dirt before her. "It's more a formality than anything, darling, as you seem to have assumed the role already - but your talents seem very fitting for the rank of Thief." She picked the amulet up, offered it to the red-maned; "A symbol of your rank. It will cast another's magic back at them, but you may only use it once. Do so wisely." Amber gaze met black, and for once, there was no mask. The red-maned had to accept, of course, but the Lady was sure that she would do so. And then it would be time for her questions.

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e n e

I hope it's okay to assume Psyche puts it on her. xD I was going to have her mention prisoners, it might not be needed so I'll wait.

Thoughts of usurping Psyche might have crossed her mind before the Basin. Even then it was more of a wish she might vanish into thin air, and all the troubles they possessed. Nothing personal. Faelene had not really known, or understood her then. When it became a declaration from the Time God, they got a new home the mare wasn't about to question it. Really, they had needed someone to step up, fill that place. The red maned couldn't quite see anyone else taking up leadership, handling it as well as the shadow mare did. Faelene had had her doubts, but Psyche knew what she was doing, she had taken up the reins of power well. Faelene would feel sorry for the poor soul who did try to take that from her. She had gotten to serve the Lady and she knew she was cunning, and cold with her own gifted tongue. How they had found mutual respect, was beyond her. But she liked it much better. They were not the same, but almost. Though Psyche may have darker intentions, wants, there was no question when it came to the Basin, protecting their home, Faelene would do whatever it took at all costs. Was this what helped the shadow mare trust her? Undying loyalty to her kind? The fact she might not mind equines and pegasus harmed? Faelene could be a solider or a sleuth?

Curious eyes watched the silver amulet drop to the ground at her hooves. She couldn't guess what properties it had, or where it came. Should she be worried? It was hard to fight off warning instincts, Psyche was not playing a game, or hiding behind anything. She was promoting her, not a huge shock. Faelene the Theif had a good ring. Silver orbs would slip to the liquid amber of her Lady, ears a tuned to her explanation. A faint smile was on her dark muzzle, and she dipped her head in acceptance and appreciation of it. It would be useful, she would keep it on her. Sadly, her other was quite useless, she had plans to have some kind of magic within it. She wondered if the doctors would work. "Thank you, I'll carry both with purpose," she answered, letting a hint of gratitude creep in her tone. Faelene knew she needed to live up to it, and had every intention of doing so. Head rising, the amulet taking place at her chest, it was time for her mind to be spoken. "I see Naberius must have found you. I had no patience to introduce him, felt he needed to find the Basin to be worthy of it. What I really wanted to ask if there was something specific I could do for you. I sent Shuler and Crowley to get information from the Foothills. Lots of things have changed there,I thought it best to see if the new leader would be tied to the Edge, and Throat as the others being are closest neighbor." Faelene would pause, letting Psyche take in her words, collect her thoughts before continuing. "A mare tried to steal Crowley, but did not make very quiet work of it. I tried to catch her, but she didn't want to stay for a visit." There was wry grin, wishing she had got her, but she could try again another day.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The Empress remembered the day that Faelene had scolded her for tormenting Xanthos on the Frostbreath Steppe. The shadow-mare had threatened to go after that mare, what was her name.... well, it didn't matter. He was a part of the Plague, on Elizabeth's recommendation, and the mare was an inferior. Xanthos needed to prove himself, and the pair of them had been determined to make him do so. But Faelene had stepped in, scolding them for their lack of intelligence, reminding them that rash actions would do more harm than good. In the end, Elizabeth had disappeared, lost presumably, to the Throat, and Xanthos had turned from her ways. Both of them had disappeared - and yet here Faelene stood.

They had not angered her that day, the red-maned fae's actions. She had stopped to think, to consider that the mare might just be right. And in her own way, Faelene had proven to be more loyal that those sworn to her by secrecy and oath. Here she stood when they had all faded away, ready to serve her homeland and her Lady. Should the Empress ever seek council, Faelene would be among the first she would go to, having held a deep respect for her since she had dared to voice the truth that day on the Steppe. If anyone would help to ensure the survival and prosperity of her realm, it would be Faelene, and so long as neither of them began discussing political views, peace would remain between them. Vaguely, she wondered what would happen when the Plague inevitably began to take over - but she pushed the thought from her mind. When that day came, Faelene would have a choice to make, and all the shade could do was hope that she would make the right one.

Faelene mentioned Naberius briefly, and the jackal remembered his arrival that night by the hot springs, his bold flirtations and obvious ambition. She would need to put him to use, or he would get bored. Perhaps he would join her organization. The red-maned went on to ask for instructions, mentioned a mare that tried to seal Crowley. The shadow-mare listened, then pondered her words. Sending their spies to the Foothills had been a good decision; she approved. But in order to get a good sense of where to go next, she would have to know what had been going on outside the Basin. "And we so love visitors," the jackal responded to Faelene's joke, a wicked grin appearing briefly. "Tell me, what do we know of the other lands? The Foothills may be the most... tumultuous at the moment, but surely the other lands have their own worries?" And if not, perhaps we could give them something to worry about.

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e n e

sad post is sad. I don't know if you want to wrap it up next?

Yes, the day in the Steppe when she thought the shadow mare a power hungry fool ready to feed them to the rest would not be easily forgotten. Hadn't they both miscalculated because if anyone had told her she would be loyally serving Psyche she might have forced her horn to their throat, wanting them to spill their guts. It was then red maned realized she had never known her, whoever she was, but didn't matter. It was who the shadow mare in front of her was now. The one that made tough choices, remaining regal, and collected in the daily battles, big and small, that were thrown their way. Face or not Lady Psyche was pulling it off, and Faelene knew as well one day she would have to stand with the Plague or in its way. Until then she wasn't about to pick sides. Much as she hated quite a few pegasus and equines she couldn't bring herself to harm or kill another just because of what they were. Who was she kidding? She was walking a fine line, close enough in one direction, only something disastrous could send her the opposite way. Even then, her imagination couldn't help her know what would count.

There was no telling action of her thoughts on Naberius, but Faelene took that for acceptance, and put it on her list to talk to him again. Knowing everyone who resided in the Basin was just as important. Xanthos had at last cracked and left. Faelene didn't find it surprising, mad enough to capture the dragon mare, and never capable of following through. It would only take one idiot to upset the balance.

Faelene offered no grin to Psyche's words, but there was a gleam to her eyes. She would not have felt bad for that one being tortured, not one bit. The charcoal colored mare took in a small amount of air. "Kri is soon to have to chose someone else to rule beside her. The golden Sultan is no more, they couldn't seem to agree so he left taking some with him." Leander had met Psyche she was sure, and had probably noticed what her presence had done. Still, to share he wasn't part of the Throat any more was news. Voice tightened, dislike in it, and the deep lines of her facade. The Edge I hate even more. They have dragon fires lit everywhere, and their numbers slowly grow," Faelene couldn't quite keep track how many stayed not to disappear again. How many more faces took their place. They were the smallest herd with lands, and that's all that mattered to her. Features became indifferent, and she shrugged a shoulder. " The Grey I have only encountered one of theirs, who I'm not very impressed with. Some time I plan to meet the creators, gauge how really strong and capable they are. I'm sure they won't stay in the forest forever if they continue to expand."

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Memories surfaced again, memories of following the God of Time into the land that they conversed in now. She remembered emerging from the frigid pass into a land of seeming abundance, remembered the first time she had taken in the evergreens scattered through the valley, the high rock walls blocking the wind, the steaming hot springs. And she remembered, too, the words of the Time God as he proclaimed her ruler, instructed her to avoid the other herds. He was a trickster, of that she felt sure, out to set the cat among the pigeons and see what mischief he could stir up. He had chosen the right Lady for that, to be sure, as the shadow-mare would not be lulled into idiotic alliances with those for whom she had no respect or affection. She would rule the lands one day, all of them, she and her kind.

But that day was not today. Without alliances, their plans had to be made in a different way. Had they the numbers, they could simply invade and control the other territories. But they did not have those numbers, not when the other three herds held a shaky alliance among the three of them. And the Grey, well, they would assist whoever could provide the largest pay. There was no benefit to attacking now, not when they could lie in wait, work to sabotage the herds from within. Would Faelene instruct her spies to do this, if the Empress were to ask her to? It was a question to be breached another time, in another conversation, when they were more established, when the alliances had grown stagnant.

For now, she simply nodded her acceptance of the red-maned's words. "The Throat is by far the strongest of the three," the jackal stated thoughtfully. "If their alliance with the Edge remains strong, then there is little we can do... I would enjoy a bit of revenge, but I do believe it will have to wait." Perhaps it was stupid of her to be so open with her thoughts, but the desire for revenge, she was sure that Faelene would share. After all, the Edge had been her home, too. "As for the Grey, they may prove useful, if they can provide what they say they can. We will continue to keep tabs on them as best we can." A pause. "Thank you." The words were foreign on her tongue, but they needed to be said.

[W/C | xxx]
[OOC | Great! :) ]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.