Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
 GAUCHO </style>
 With fire to keep us warm & tools we made from rocks and bones
[Image: 5105621d5416e]</style>

Well this was certainly unexpected.

As the massive black draft came into view, Gaucho realized that he felt the oddest sensation at his arrival. It wasn't quite fear, for the hanoverian was not afraid to die, nor of pain. It was something else...an itching in the back of his mind, like fingernails scrapping away at bone. He couldn't quite place it - in fact, the feeling he was experiencing was uncertainty. Gaucho was normally the larger of the sparring partners; almost always. He had never faced a challenger who was taller than he was. But more than that, Archibald seemed bigger, not simply taller. Gaucho's Hanoverian lines gave him bulk, but he still remained relatively stream-lined. Archi's heavy draft build and abundance of feathering made him seem larger than life.

Gaucho would not shy away from a fight, but no longer did he have the confidence in battle that he usually did. The feeling of uncertainty was foreign, and unpleasant to Gaucho's primitive mind.

The bay seemed to not register Archibald's introduction, only his willingness to spar. Names, titles, formalities - they mattered not in this setting. Only strength, wits and determination made a difference.

As Archi's muscles began to tighten and coil under his sleek black pelt, the wheels in Gaucho's simple brain began to whir. While he was smaller than the draft, he was still far too large to simply dance away from his attacks. If he was to make any headway with this stallion - to be close enough to land a few blows - he must be prepared to accept a few as well. As Archibald lurched forward, teeth snapping, Gaucho likewise propelled himself forward, pinning his ears to his large skull. As the draft rolled to the right, making himself parallel to the bay, Gaucho threw his weight into his left shoulder, hoping to knock into Archi's left shoulder as he passed by. As Archi's teeth sank into the soft flesh behind his rib cage, Gaucho grunted as unexpected pain flared through his gut.

Stay close his mind reminded him; dropping his left shoulder to tuck in behind Archi, Gaucho felt the draft's hooves strike between his front legs as he turned, painfully bruising the bottom of his chest muscles near his girth, but potentially saving his foreleg from a fracture. Now behind Archi and slightly to the right, Gaucho raised his muzzle high into the air lest Archi fire at him from behind again. Grunting, his wings already extended, Gaucho beat them down in two even strokes to aid in increasing his momentum in a short span of time - flinging himself parallel towards Archi's right shoulder, in a half-rear, half-flighted-step. Aiming his hooves towards the draft's massive shoulder, he opened his maw wide, intent on returning the favour to Archi, with a well placed bite to his wither or neck on his hooves crashed back to the ground (after either hitting him, or not).

Mimicking the larger stallion, as Gaucho's forelegs hit the ground, he tucked his muzzle to his right shoulder - away from Archi - and rolled to the right, swinging his hind end towards the draft and bucking defensively, towards Archi's flank.

[WC: 532
Attack 1/2: Tries to knock into Archibald's shoulder as he passes. Pivots to the right, and uses his wings to increase his momentum and altitude, aiming to slam his front hooves into Archi's shoulder, and bite his shoulder/neck on the way down.
Defence: Raises his muzzle as he passed Archi's rear, tucks to the right after trying to hit Archi's shoulder, and bucks.

Thanks for the tips Time! I really appreciate it.

Just to clarify, I didn't say the weather wouldn't have a direct impact, just that it wouldn't play a significant part - so while surely the heat will affect breathing, etc, it won't make anyone hyperventilate or over heat. Similarly with the terrain, I only meant that there weren't any large cliffs or boulders or anything. But you're right, I could have fleshed out the landscape far more than I did in my opening post - I will definitely keep that in mind. As for Gaucho's actions prior to the fight - that's a wonderful suggestion! I will definitely keep that in mind for future spars!

Maybe I also ask a question here? I didn't find this with Archi, but I know I've been a part of/read other sparring posts where I've had a difficulty in replying to attacks, specifically because there are so many. For instance, someone could say "Archi ran towards Gaucho, trying to kick him as he passed by. Then he turned around, reared, and tried to hit his back with his hooves. Then he tried to bite..." My concern in situations like this, is that I almost feel like they're forcing you to stay where you where. If that was the post that I was responding to, wouldn't I be able to say that Gaucho had seen them coming, and flew into the sky? Effectively making all of their attacks void? I suppose my question is how do you handle spars where someone repeatedly attacks in a single post, in a way that realistically your character wouldn't have stood for?

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: They all fall down | Practise Spar, Archibald - by Gaucho - 02-04-2013, 12:24 PM