the Rift

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. [OPEN]

Salabel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: rlm61e.jpg]

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain

The elegant black mare is walking through the forest. She loves the forest, it's beauty, the silence only broken by the sound of birdsong and flowing water, it helps her think.The sun is right at its highest so that it shines through the trees making everything light up. 'This is beautiful' she thinks to herself as she looks around at the forest floor. The ground is furnished with it's beautiful green vegetation. She lays down next to a giant willow tree trying to imagine how this could have started out so small. She stands up and starts heading over to a little stream. She dips her head down to drink some water then stops as she notices a tadpole right where shes drinking. After the tadpole moves she drinks from the stream then raises her head to look at the sky. CRACK! lightning snaps through the sky 'I better get going' she says to herself, and right as she says that it starts raining. She starts walking slowly through the forest her blue mane and tail drenched along with her black coat. Water is trickling from her horn down her face and off her speckled muzzle it's hard to see through the hard falling rain in the night so she just stops and lays under a thick tree. She didn't think she was there that long but she does seem to get lost in thought there quite often. She decided to stay here until morning she lays her head down and closes her eyes.

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
The journey down from the Basin was a pleasant one, the rays of sunlight welcome on his broad, dark back. His pace was a march, like all soldiers, not quite in a hurry but brisk enough to make the travel into the Threshold quite quick. As soon as he is immersed in the trees the skies seemed to cloud over and a storm brings flashes of lightening, droplets of water falling onto his fur and flattening his mane to his well toned neck. How quick the weather seemed to change and Descaro grunted but continued onwards, eyes roving around the forest and searching for any who might be stuck out in it. His gait picks up into a brisk trot, splashing against soggy ground until he found he found a mare who appeared to have set up camp for the day.

She was quite elegant in appearance and as black as the depths of hell with striking blue mane and lightening bolts covering her back; ironically. A horn grew from her brown that was painted in crimson hues and she lay quite still amongst the chaos of the weather around her. Descaro felt a little out of place for a moment, wondering whether she had actually gone to sleep and if it would be rude to disturb her. Biting the bullet, he cleared his throat and lowered his head towards the ground, raising his voice to be louder than that of the thunder cracks. "Uhhm... Miss? Are you okay?"

He almost kicked himself. Was that really the best he could come up with, 'are you okay?' Of course she was okay! Simply weathering out a storm... Descaro raised his head again and snorted. Looking around to check there weren't any others around.

those who live are those who fight

Unregistered

Her eyes are closed as she listens closely to the pounding of the rain on the soft forest floor. The sound reminds her of her mothers heart beat but remembering her mother makes her feel cold and alone inside so she tries to forget about it.

She can't fall asleep over the loud thunder and pounding of the rain so she just lay there watching lightning bolts, similar to the ones she has on her back, flash through the sky above. She got lost in thought for a minute, but a couple of raindrops falling on her speckled nose woke her from her thoughts, as squirrel rattled the leaves in the tall tree above trying to shy away from the rain. She watched it for a little bit, then laid her head down again and all she could hear was the booms of thunder and the rain.

After a while of trying to fall asleep, again, she got startled by a voice asking if she is okay. She turns her head to see a stallion, he is quite handsome and muscular looking with his dark bay coat and his thick black mane and tail. She smiles seeing how he resembles her father in body, structure, and muscle buildup. Then she remembers he asked her a question. Oh um yes i'm fine just waiting out the storm. Thanks for asking though. she tries to say in the softest kindest voice possible Are you looking for something? she asked seeing that he is looking around then blows her own question off and says How rude of me would you like to sit with me under my tree? she asks in the fanciest voice possible then laughs, Just kidding but you can if you would like she says in a more serious voice.

Outcast
imi
He seemed to of startled her at first but she soon came round, answering his question with the obvious answer. Descaro resisted the urge to laugh, he always seemed to run into these innocent seeming mares. He couldn't help but think she was a pretty thing so he turned up his charm, broadening his smile and shrugging off her first query to him. "No, just a habit" as a trained Soldier he was often looking behind. There were sure to be enemies he had made in the past, only a fool didn't watch his back when his history was so marred. The ebony mare seemed to catch herself then and enquired if he would prefer to lay with her. Descaro did allow a little laugh then, genuine and as jovial as the stoic boy could get, he shook his head and declined the offer. The ground didn't look all that appealing.

"The weather doesn't bother me, I'll be returning to our mountains soon." On the word 'our' he nodded to her horn, the species that dominated up there. He turned his best charming look on her and lowered his voice, a plaster of wet mane covering the side of his face in quite a dramatic look. "You can come with me if you like, as long as you don't plan to murder me on the way" he laughed towards the end. She may seem innocent, but one could never be too sure. The mountains sure beat sitting on the ground in a dreary forest, listening to the lighting crack and the thunder rumble. It was quite ominous actually, the way it raged through the sky.

The Soldier tilted his head into a questionable expression, realizing he'd almost forgotten the most basic thing to ask. He really had fallen out of bed this morning. "I'm Descaro. I'm sure a beauty like yourself has a beautiful name?" He flattered, always flattering. Dangerous if one took him too seriously, like Leyra had.

Unregistered

He kindly shook his head in decline and said that the weather doesn't bother him, And that he will be returning to ''OUR'' mountain soon then he points at her horn, This surprises her because she had no idea there was a mountain where the unicorn is the dominant species, Then he asked if she would like to go with him then added as long as you're not going to murder me on the way with a small laugh at the end.

She gives his suggestion a quick bit of thought and says ''I would very much like to go with you, but how do I know someone such as yourself isn't going to murder ''me'' on the way? she gives her best smile and a small laugh at the end,
Then says well I guess it would probably be a lot better than sitting here in the cold, on the hard ground,watching lightning and sitting out in the rain, so she agrees.

She stretches out her long legs and stands up, her bones are just a bit achy from the cold and being in the same position to long. She watches as the stallion tilts his head in a questioning way, then he tells her his name ''Descaro'', that's a nice, handsome and strong name it suites him well she thinks to herself, and then he asks her her's, she takes no acknowledgment to the flattering mainly because she doesn't care for it much, but she does tell him her name, i'm ''Salabel'' she says with the softest voice and prettiest smile she could find.

Outcast
imi
A booming laughter gurgled through his throat and emerged through dark lips at her returning question. He deserved that, she didn't seem to bat an eyelid at his charm offensive and the more she ignored it the more intriguing she became. It was always that way, something he couldn't have he wanted all the more. However he backed off a little ways and caught his breath from his moment of mirth, picking his head up into a noble arch of a Soldier. "I would not do such a thing without reason... Salabel. You'd have to trust me." He smiled, saying her pretty name for the first time. It rolled pleasantly off his tongue and fit elegant appearance which now stood before him. On all fours now she was quite a bit smaller than he was with cute specks around her nose and ankles. Her crimson horn a stark contrast to her folds of beautiful azure mane.

Descaro let a coy smile play on his features, "do I take this as you agree to come with me, beautiful sister? Our herd awaits you breathlessly." It was a rather short, extravagant speech and maybe a touch exotic in his choice of flattering language. Her eyes shone a pretty colour of merlot hues which had completely captured the attention of the womanizer stud. He snorted and looked away, always having to regain his composure and pride as a warrior. Descaro thought about the journey ahead, it would be easier to negotiate the storm when out of the trees. Lightening was naturally attracted to taller objects/mammals, he would have to be careful along open ground but hopefully the storm wouldn't last very long. The wind should see to that.

Finally, he allowed his gaze to travel back to hers with a questionable expression. Wondering if she would trust him enough to follow him back to the Basin.

Unregistered

''Yes I think I will go with you Descaro'' she says with a small soft smile she just can't compress. She starts to ask if something is wrong since he looked away but then stops herself on the first word hoping he didn't hear her because she realized it's probably just his habit again,''I wonder why he's made a habit of looking around she thinks to herself, maybe I should ask him, but then I'd be invading his privacy, but it wouldn't hurt anyone... would it?'' she fights with herself for a while, then makes up her mind and she's decided to ask. 

After his gaze reaches her's again she asks ''Why do you have a habit of looking around like that?'' trying not to seem nosy but saying it with a slightly curious voice, ''you don't have to answer if you don't want to'' she says, ''anyways for all I know it could be some super personal reason'' she says with a sweet smile. [b]''O no! she yells out in her mind now he's going to think that I'm weird, I mean I know I'm weird but I don't want other people to know it! Her face gets a little of a panicked look on it so she looks at the ground, she tries to calm herself down and get a straight face again, after she does finely calm down she looks up at him again staring into his deep eyes.

Outcast
imi
Descaro scores a win as she agrees to follow him back to the Basin, of what he'd seen of her nature already, he was almost sure she could handle anything the grumps up there threw at her. Including himself on bad days. He shifted his bulk and started to move forwards but was cut short when the ebony femme questioned him again. The subject of him watching his back had definitely caught her attention and the Soldier didn't blame her. It must be a bit unnerving to watch someone you've only just met constantly looking around for danger. Maybe he was more vigilant (or paranoid) than most Soldiers, but Descaro couldn't quite help it, a prepared mind was better than being taken by surprise after all. Only a fool let his guard down.

"I don't mean to alarm you with it-" he troubled himself over her panicked expression. He certainly didn't want to drive her away just because of his habits, maybe he should take more notice of what he's actually doing next time. Instead of fumbling in like a whole army is after him. "I'm a Soldier and so trained to be on constant alert. Also, this profession does get you a fair few enemies" his voice was almost apologetic as he spoke the last words. Hoping she would understand that his paranoia wasn't without reason.

With that Descaro moved to make the journey back to the Basin, giving the mare one last glance with a genuine smile. "It's this way" he nodded in a northerly direction and then began walking once more. His bulky body swayed from side to side, a contrast to Salabel's, one could almost say he looked like a bodyguard protecting a Princess. The thought amused him more than it ought, he was pretty sure with what he'd learnt of the mare already, there was no way he could sway her like he did Leyra. No, Salabel seemed more bold and curious, a mare hard to catch and not worth the hassle for a stallion like Descaro. Who could only offer a night of passion not a life time of love.

[ooc; thanks for being patient! ^^ Check the Aurora Basin, I'll make a thread for them there]