the Rift

Little bird, little bird.[OPEN/ Thayne]

Skylark Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2cog1e9.jpg]

Little bird, little bird, what do you hear?

The little colt of only two years old stretched out his long legs that looked entirely to long for his smaller body. His Arabian physic was small and slender and elegant. The area around him was bright and green, flowers spurting up from the ground in all different areas. The woods were quiet and peaceful, like a mid summers eave with nothing sounding but the small crickets.

Skylark's cream colored body shone brightly against the green furnishing around him, his brown spots barely visible against his almost albino figure. His bright icy blue eyes shone when the sun hit him. A small smile crossed the young stallions face. A small blue butterfly flew past his face. His small head jerked and he took of in a full run pouncing after it. He snorted happily as he fell to the floor clumsily. He giggled and rolled over onto his back kicking his long legs in the air. His body getting covered in the new grass of birdsong. He rolled into his stomach, his feet tucked under him as he stood up shaking himself to get majority of the grass off his slick coat. A small sneeze exited the small body making him step backward slightly and giggle again.

He looked around wondering what happened to Takua, and if he would ever see his beloved brothers face again. Last he saw of Takua was him getting stuck in some type of rope contraption. Takua had told Skylark to leave and that he would find him soon, for twins always have a way of finding their other half.

Thayne Posts: N/A
Unregistered

T H A Y N E
Let’s Walk Through the Fire Together, Disappear in the Golden Sands

He moved silently through the Threshold, the thick mass of his body occasionally brushing against the harsh bark of nearby trees. The stallion was by no means a sleuth, as his bulk made it too difficult to travel in silence, but such an occupation was far from what he wanted out of life. The coal hued creature scanned the large, encompassing expanse of trees with piercing green eyes, taking each step with careful calculations. The Threshold of Helovia… It had been awhile since he had last stepped foot in this entrance of the land. The last time that he was here, last season, was when he had first arrived within Helovia, sporting battle wounds which he didn’t believe he could recover from… It was due to the unending generosity of Tor, however, that he had been healed and mended. Now, the thick pillar of his leg was left with nothing but a minute scar, slightly ruffling the dark fur of his leg.

Giving a soft snort and a shake of his head, Thayne continued along his way, ivory tresses draping elegantly down his neck, strands of white-snow resembling a sheet of satin as it collected before his eyes. The brute, yet he was far from such a title, moved without hurry, enjoying the peace and quiet that came with the Threshold. Ears swiveled slightly and the stallion’s steps faltered, green eyes glancing to his right. What was that, in the distance? A soft ‘whoosh’, like a sneeze, and followed then by soft, childish giggles. It seemed that he was wrong in the assumption that he was alone in the forest today…

“Hello?” The Warlander called out, lifting his head and perking his ears forward, taking in the sounds that radiated through the trees, “Is there anyone there? I shan’t harm you.” The true words of a gentleman left the bowels of the equine’s throat, for he truly was nothing but. A fighter, yes, but Thayne was a true believer in pacifism.

Moving the bulk of his body to venture towards where he had heard the sound, the outcast’s spring green gaze soon landed upon what he assumed made the sound. A colt, probably no older than two years, stood in a slight clearing, brushing both strands of grass and dirt from his cremello coat. The Warlander could spot soft, nearly nonexistent spots adorning his hide, and the colt’s eyes were a remarkable shade of ice-blue… Dark lips upturning gently in a warm, welcoming smile, Thayne ventured forward, but refrained from getting too close less he crowd and frighten the young colt.

“Greetings, little one… If I may ask; why are you out in the woods by yourself? It could be dangerous out here.”

[Image: ThayneResized_zps139f09ab.jpg]

Unregistered

The small slender colt shook out each of his legs individually. The sun beat down on his back. He loved the way the summers sun felt on his coat. His baby fuzz was completely non existent now. His coat a smooth silky layer that shone brightly. He smiled looking up at the sun. He was two years old now, but he still acted like a young colt. He has never really needed to grow up or be a man, nor did he have a father to teach him how.

He heard a deep voice in the distance calling out. "Is anyone there? I shan't hurt you." It sounded like quite a big male. Skylark quickly turned to face the noise stepping back slightly. He dropped his head low cowardly. He wasn't tough at all and did not like any sort of violence. He was to kind in his heart and soul, plus he was still young in mind and soul.

A dark, huge stallion appeared from the trees, he did not blend in well at all, his size gave him away, but he did not seem like one that one would dare mess with. He had striking green eyes that the colt couldnt help but admire as he grew closer.
"Greetings, little one" the stallion said. Skylarks ears perked forward and his head shot up. Maybe he didnt mean any harm? " If I may ask; why are you out in the woods by yourself? It could be dangerous out here.”

The colt looked around him, now that he metion it, the woods were kind of creepy when all alone. Skylark quickly rushed over to the larger stallion not noting what he had just done, he scooted himself close to the other male. "I-It is kind of scary" he said

Unregistered

T H A Y N E

Thayne’s quizzical green eyes lingered on the small cremello, taking in his appearance with a careful eye. He was a rather small creature, this colt, and shied away upon spotting the Warlander’s larger frame. Tilting his head only slightly, the brute remained quiet, merely observing. Was the colt afraid of him? Oh, heavens… Thayne wasn’t a threat; he never could be. A gentle giant, he was, and especially around a youngster…

Before the stallion could say much more, the cremello paint suddenly seemed to snap to, as if waking from a daze. In one moment alone, the two were standing, facing each other curiously, and in the next the colt had darted across the distance between them, and now stood rather close to the coal colored equine. Raising a brow, clearly curious, Thayne took a moment to observe the younger male before a warm chuckle escaped the deep bowels of his broad chest. Twisting his thick neck slightly, the draft’s nostrils flared as he inhaled, taking in the scent of the youngster now standing beside him.

“Peace, son,” he said affectionately, hoping to soothe the worried colt. Thayne’s piercing green eyes were still soft, jovial and gentleness dancing within the depths of his orbs, “The woods will bring no harm to you.” Allowing that to sink in, and hoping that his words were somewhat reassuring, Thayne went on, bending his neck to dip his head so that he was eye-level with the pale colt. “If I may ask, little one… What is your name? And what are you doing out here?”

Was he lost? Or had he wandered in search of a new home, like many had done when stumbling into Helovia? Did he have any family…? There were so many questions brimming in the stallion’s mind, but he refrained from asking them all right away. After all, it would do no good for him to overwhelm the adorable paint.

[ooc: Bad post alert. XD]

Unregistered

The small cremellos eyes searched the forest as thoguh something was going to jump out and attack him. He snorted softly and shook his head slightly. Come get me you scary monsters, I have someone to protect me! he said making a semi angry face, which just made him look like and upset child, and awfully adorable.

The larger males words entered the colts “Peace, son, the woods will bring no harm to you." The colts tensed muscles slightly relaxed as he looked up to see the stallions bright green eyes looking into his own ice blue orbs. The colt nodded slightly hesitantly I'm S-Skylark he said smiling slightly. Another butterfly flew by making his attention jump to it instead of the stallion. All his fear at once vanishing. He was truly a naive spirit.

He lunged after in catching it in his mouth. He freaked out slightly spitting it out. EWWWW He practically yelled and rubbed his face against his leg. Sticking out his tongue trying to get the taste out of his mouth. He looked over at the larger male and chuckled softly bounding up to him stretching his neck up trying to be taller. Who are you? he said somewhat bluntly, but harmless for he did not know any better. He looked up to the stallion, how bug and muscular he was, he wished he could be just like that someday, strong and valiant. Skylarks mind started to slowly drift off as he waited for a reply from the other male, his eyes drifting up to the sky looking at the birds. He loved birds.

OOC: It wasnt bad at all ^_^ mine fail lol

Unregistered

T H A Y N E

’Come get me, you scary monsters, I have someone to protect me!’

The painted cremello bellowed rather boldly into the surrounding vegetation, and Thayne could only watch the youngling with slight amusement before a resonation chuckle crept its way from the confines of his throat. The colt’s face was a picturesque description of young indignation, and the Warlander’s heart melted slightly at the scene. Would anyone come? No, surely not… Of course, in Helovia, there were those that would harm others, but because he had stumbled across this young boy first, Thayne was sure that no one else would come about. Even if he wasn’t a fighter, his massive size alone was oftentimes enough to ward off potential enemies.

“Skylark, hm?” He asked, the name rolling easily off of the older stag’s tongue, “It’s a lovely name, son.” The Warlander’s green gaze was briefly stolen by the fluttering wings of a nearby butterfly, which Skylark also seemed intrigued by. Acting on instsinct, the young colt frolicked after the fluttering creature, and Thayne’s head tilted slightly, still amused. What a carefree spirit this youth was… If onl there were more like him. Immediately the stallion pondered just what would happen to the youth once he got beyond the Threshold of Helovia. Would he venture to one of the herdlands and seek the protection that came with large numbers? Or would he become a solitary sleuth, slinking through the shadows with only the name of an outcast as his companion? Thayne, himself, was an outcast… But such a life had become lonely and bothersome. He had been looking for awhile to join a herd… Perhaps, this little cremello paint would like to join him?

’Ewwww!’ The proclamation stole Thayne’s thoughts and he snapped to attention, green gaze watching with mild fascination as the cremello paint spat out the offending butterfly, the look of pure revulsion upon Skylark’s delicate features. With an amused shake of his head, causing the thick ivory strands of his mane to sway slightly, Thayne chuckled once more and spoke, mirth shining clear in his eyes.

“Yes, I wouldn’t recommend snacking on butterflies, young one… I don’t imagine that they make the most appetizing meal. Sweet grass, though… I believe you’d like that. But, my name is Thayne.” The steel colored stallion dipped his head slightly, and in the briefest of touches brushed his muzzle against Skylark’s outstretched lips. The Warlander’s nostrils flared slightly, taking in his scent and committing it to his memory. Pulling back only slightly, he tilted his head, expression curious.

“I was wondering, Skylark… Would you care to accompany me? I can show you around the land; there’s many different places, like the ocean.” He hoped that Skylark would agree, for Thayne honestly couldn’t bring himself to leave the youth in the clutches of Helovia’s threats. Would someone so naïve flourish here without guidance?

Unregistered

The young colt continued to smash his face reluctantly against his leg. That butterfly did NOT taste good. The dark stallion confirmed this. "Yes, I wouldn't recommend snacking on butterflies, young one… I don’t imagine that they make the most appetizing meal. Sweet grass, though… I believe you’d like that." He said. Sweet grass, now that sounded delicious. The little larks ears perked forward as he heard the older males name

T-Tha-Thayne? He said, his bright blue eyes looking up to meet the other stallions, looking for recognition that he had said it right. He suddenly felt a warm touch on his muzzle from the others outstretched neck. Skylark took a deep breath in, he would remember the stallions strong masculine scent. It comforted him. He felt a sense of ease and comfort by the other stallion. No need to fear the unknown or anything else for that matter.

The colt practically jumped for joy at the males next words. Accompany him? Skylarks eyes grew wide as he lunged forward happily at Thayne, rearing up slightly shaking his head. I have never seen the ocean before! Tell me, what's it like? Is it big? And blue? And beautiful? And amazing and pretty? And everything i think it is? he rambled on an on with multiple questions. His longing gaze not once leaving the others strong face. He had never been asked to accompany any one before. He wondered what it would be like, and Thayne being so much older, he wondered if the stallion could maybe teach him how to be a man.

OOC: Wow -___- worst post ever Dx

Unregistered

T H A Y N E

Would there ever be a time when this colt’s enthusiasm didn’t make him smile?

The thought was a strange one, and unknowingly, a broad smile formed upon the draft’s dark lips, a deep laugh resonating and echoing from the broad depths of his barrel. Oh, probably never… Skylark was quite unlike anyone he had met in his travels through Helovia, save maybe Tolio… Yet he had never truly gotten to know the unicorn stallion before they had parted ways. Still, the cremello boy’s personality was contagious and a welcoming change from the constant loneliness that had become his life. Dipping his head in a nod, the steely Warlander’s green eyes lingered on the pale colt’s.

“Yes, son,” he said, his deep voice gentle and kind, and dare he say it – loving? “The ocean is quite beautiful, with the water sometimes taking on a shade just slightly darker than your very eyes. It’s larger than the eye can see, and even though the water may be beautiful and soothing against your legs, it isn’t very tasty to drink… Regardless, I believe that you’ll like it. Perhaps we can go one day?” It was still an open invitation for Skylark to join him on his travels, as Thayne was nearly certain that he would agree. And that was fine.

The stallion was finding himself growing more and more attached to the painted youngling the more time he spent in his presence, and the older male’s thoughts began to drift once more. What kind of life would Skylark want to live? Would he want to remain an outcast, like Thayne was? Or would he want to settle down…? Joining a herd had been on the Warlander’s mind for quite some time, as the mundane loneliness that came with the outcast life was gnawing away at him. He needed others to be around, to find a cause, purpose, and reason.

Dipping his head slightly, Thayne brushed his muzzle against Skylark’s smaller pink nose in a gentle display of affection before speaking. “Come along then, Skylark; we should go before it gets too dark.”

[ooc: No worries, deary. XD My post was dreadful.]