the Rift

A lost beauty [Open]

Azura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I have my wings spread out to the very tips as I hover over clusters of trees,looking for enough space to land myself. I had come from my home land,told to leave by my beloved father. He had assured me that I would see him again though despite the reassurance,I still protested to leave. I didn't want to. I know I couldn't have fought but I could have waited one one of the cliffs hidden caves. The caves mouth engulfed you with one step into it to the point only a ghostly black shape could be seen.

Catching sight of a clearing though the trees I start to steadily lower myself. When my hoofs touch the ground my wings fold in as I gracefully turn my movements to a swift canter,slowly with each beat till I was at a halt. Golden orbs scan the world around me. A small river cuts down the center of the clearing then turns to snake though the trees,fresh grass runs up my legs as I brush last each blade in the direction of the river. A slight breeze pushes my long locks back slightly,making my mane look ever more free and beautiful. Dipping my muzzle in the fresh spring water I close my eyes,listening to the gentle tune of a tweeting bird in the trees. After taking my drink I lift up my head in the direction of the birds call to see the beauty of the creature. I then turn my body round away from the river,making sure I lift my tail up so that barely the tips of my tail touch the trickling water. I sigh slightly,taking in the beauty of the place and wondering if anyone else will show up.

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
I saw as a beautiful tobiano pegasus landed in the grass, by a river. She was absolutely stunning. I didn't want to make flirtatious advances on her, and all I felt like doing was actually greeting her and talking to her. I could tell she was a female, by her feminine gait, and how she drank the water. Besides, she couldn't be a male. Not with her slender appearance. She seemed so nice. As she lifted up her neck, I could almost tell she was observing the beauty of this place. I couldn't agree with her more, on how beautiful and stunning this place was.

I slowly picked up a trot from behind her, holding out my elegant Arabian neck, as I approached her. I didn't get too close to her. I respected her space, and as well, I needed to get some water to drink. I bent my head, about a few feet beside her and drank some water. For some reason, I was shocked timid, and I almost didn't look up to meet her eyes. When I looked into her golden eyes, I felt my heart do a back flip. She was gorgeous. "Hello there, maiden," I said, trying to be as respectful as I ever could be. "My name is Arrane. I see you are enjoying the spectacular beauty of this place", I said pausing and scanning my eyes around the clearing, and the river. Hearing the birds sing in the Tallsun weather. I felt the sun lightly kiss my pelt with its heat, as I looked back into the lass's beautiful eyes. "What is your name?" I curiously inquired wanting to know more about her.

Unregistered
My gaze turns from the beauty of the place to the almost perfect white stallion that had appeared beside me. The stallions noble neck dipped gently in the water,drinking up the fresh liquid. I turn my body round to face him in one graceful movement. I was quiet impressed to meet a stallion who kept a respectful distance away as many of the stallions back home would always try to get close to me until the point one of my fathers most trusted stallions had to keep a eye on the others around me for my beauty seemed to hypnotise them into coming closer to me,to close and,although my father truly loved all the members of his herd,they did annoy him a great deal when they acted like this around me. As he looked up my golden orbs turn to meet his baby blues. Hello there, maiden. I smile and nod my head slightly for it was a name stallions who did not know my real name would address me if they were 'below' me as my father put it though I believe they weren't below me for it was only out of luck I was born as the leaders daughter. I keep my gaze focused softly Arrane.

The stallions question was one I am more used to then most,being a mare of beauty,not that I am the bragging type. I was born with these markings and wings,yes they were pretty I will admit,but to me,it was the beauty of the inside that counts not the out. A small,neat smile creeps on my maw,my orbs warm and welcoming to the Equine. "Greetings sir. I am Azura." My tone is rich and well spoken and clear for the daughter who I am from has always taught me good manners and clear speech,I suppose it was simply because the family I am from and that my ancestors were as well spoken as me to. "What brings you here?" I am not yet sure if he has only just arrived here,as I had,or if he has already travelled deeper into the land before today.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I looked into her golden orbs and felt hypnotized. She seemed so gentle, and peaceful. Even though I felt compelled to get closer to her, I kept my distance. I was taught to respect females, for they were precious, and strong willed. I may be slightly flirtatious, but I don't flirt with every mare. Maybe only the flirtatious ones, but in this beauty, I saw pure innocence. I held my neck up high, in a good posture, so I wouldn't seem like a slum. Besides, after being general, I have to show good composure to make a good impression.

I imagined, wherever she lived before, that the males must've loved her. She might already have her one true love. My self esteem lowered, but I thought. How could I fall in love with someone I just met? When she told me her name, I thought it fit her. Azura. What a beautiful name. "That is a very interesting name", I said, complimenting her. "The new lands bring me here, miss", I told her. "I left home, and my two dear sisters to explore here, and this is where my travels have led me. I might even find a new home", I blurted out. I was internally angry with myself. When I was nervous, I might blurt like this. What happened to the confident, handsome Arrane that could totally keep a cool face while talking to anyone. The way Azura gazed at me...Her eyes were so alluring.

"What are you doing here, miss?" I questioned her. I didn't feel safe leaving her alone in these wilds. There were other, rude males, and who knows what they would do to her. I was suddenly feeling so protective of her. A flash back went through my mind of my two younger sisters. So innocent, and sweet, a little bit like Azura. And yet, Azura was so polite, just like them. She was a little reminder of the family I missed so much.

Unregistered
I notice the slight change in his stance,lifting his head a little higher. Yet again it was something I had seen time and time again,just to make themselves look that little bit more impressive but I didn't mind. Partly because I was used the behaviour and because I saw nothing wrong in it either. His compliment when far for,unlike many others who have 'complimented' me he sounded like he meant it. So many other stallions have said stuff to me like he has but it went without meaning and was normally just something so that he could say 'hey look at the mare I got guys' I would simply roll my eyes and walk away. I was to used to it to be surprised,but for now,I am glad I had met a stallion the opposite of that.

I listened patiently whist he told me of what brought him here and I immediately think,what is it like to have a brother or a sister? I don't have any siblings at all and I suppose I could get quiet lonely at home on my own. I would love caring for a brother or sister,to have them follow you around with there curious eye and constant questions about the world. I think it would be cute.

What are you doing here, miss? I am more then happy to answer the question and so,with a polite smile,I proceed to return the answer. "My father sent me here after him,well our, herd land was being invaded." A image paints itself in my mind of the last time I had ever saw my father. Rain was pouring down and there had been figures fighting in the background and the cries of anger and pain swarming the air and he had told me to leave and then,he had galloped of the join in the fight,letting out a bloody thirsty screeching neigh as he went. The thoughts were painful so I pushed them out of my mind hoping to return to conversation. "I would love to have siblings. What do you plan to do now your here?"

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I watched as Azura listened to me, and I just thought about how adorable she was. I wondered if any one was mean to her. That would just be plain rude. I saw her thinking about something as I told her about my siblings. I missed them so much, I felt like I had a hole in my heart of missing them so much. I got flash backs again of racing in the fields of tall grass with my brothers, and how I used to lie down with my sisters and tell them stories of the brave generals of our herd, and how we rose up, like a phoenix, to win all the wars and bring peace back to the lands.

After strutting out my neck a little bit, I put myself back into a normal pose after I felt slight pain there. She must think I was one of those arrogant stallion males. I thought about it hard, and I realized, at times I could seriously be arrogant, but it was only when I was in competition, but still. But I wasn't arrogant with the females. I truly respected them. They were beautiful, kind, and very strong willed, and personally I feel that females are stronger than males in many ways.

After I heard her lands was invaded I truly felt sorry for her. At least I was almost certain my other herd members were alive, but she...she must've suffered when she had to leave her fighting family. "That's horrible", I sympathetically said, showing her with my eyes I actually meant what I said. "Siblings", I said pausing, and then continuing. "They can be annoying, but despite fights, you will learn how to love them with your life", I said remembering how Willow and Leila non stop told me to tell them stories. "Here, in Helovia. I don't know. Explore, maybe....", I paused there not wanting to let her know that maybe I could find true love after having my heart smashed before.