the Rift

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved]

Enheduanna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I see my colt truly for the first time as the Earth God says his name. It is as if everything about his appearance becomes clear, like dirt rubbed away from a surface, and I am left staring at a foal which is so white I could hardly believe my eyes. His drying coat is beginning to look whiter and...is that gold? He seems to be powdered with gold which starts at the tip of his beautiful metallic hooves and flows upwards to splash upon his body. He is everything I could have hoped for, the best combination of my genes and Vayu's, mixing to create this wonderful little being before me. I am awestruck.

I look back to the Earth God and smile my thanks to him and am further surprised to find that there is now a delicious looking plant before my eyes. I find that my now empty belly is screaming for sustenance for my own body. I walk forward, gently nudging a curious Eios away, and greedily eat up what is offered to me. The wonderful taste of the leaves running down my throat does, indeed, replenish my strength just as Vayu makes an appearance on the scene.

He swept in, a haze of feathers and wind, and landed with a nuzzle on my shoulder. It was familiar but not really affectionate. I was pained by the formality by the one whom I had come to have great affection for. In my heart, I realized that I had been hoping the foal would tie him to me more. Apparently this was not so. I, the one who had born him a son(and a pegasus at that), still did not deserve even affection. A small sigh escapes me, but I nuzzle him back anyways, and add on a bit of extra softness just to see if he'll notice. I smile as he speaks to Eios and the colt responds by fluffing out his wings even more to show off. He'll certainly be a looker, that was for sure. I look to him as I respond, "That would be wonderful for him. We really do make awesome foals Vayu." with a smile and a hint of a glimmer in my eye. He speaks again and this time I look to the Earth God as well for his reply would number the hours with my first foal.

EIOS(because I'm too lazy to log in to his acount for a post too)

I see am nursing again when Father shows up. I know it is him instinctively just because of how he smells, something built into my brain I suppose. I turn about as he compliments me on my wings. My head swivels to gaze upon the odd things at my side. So thats what theses things were then? I fluff them up even more and stand taller as I prance over to him to rest beneath him with my head sticking out from the middle of his front legs and give him a boyishly affectionate nuzzle. The two adults speak to the Odd-Stallion again and both seem to be waiting for his reply so I wait too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved] - by Enheduanna - 06-06-2012, 12:07 AM