the Rift

No Matter What [Xanthos]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

At her admittance, Kasai looked back up at the Haflinger mare, curiosity shining in both her blue eyes and flitting through their bond, causing the mare to chuckle. Of course, the young tigress could only understand the love that she felt for Romani… Not the love that two lovers could experience. Letting out a small, timid breath, the Foothills warrior lowered her head and pressed her velvety muzzle against Kasai’s silken cheek, nuzzling it fondly. “I know, sweet… I know.” Her words were softly murmured, an undertone of sadness leaking from every syllable. Oh, what would Xanthos think…?

It seemed, however, that she wouldn’t have to wait long to find out. Hearing the soft footfalls of an approaching figure, Romani’s head snapped to attention, and at her side the ridge along young Kasai’s spine bristled. A warning growl left the cub’s lips, but the palomino mentally shushed her. Who would show themselves? With wide eyes, slightly tipped back ears, and nostrils flaring to take in the scents of the forest around them, the warrior waited with baited breath.

And then, a voice. His voice. ’R-… Romani?’ Oh. Gods. Xanthos!

He slunk through the trees, looking the epitome of anguish and dejection… And yet, there was hope shining in his beautiful golden eyes. Hope that she remembered him, she was sure… And she did. For a few moments all Romani could do was stare at his feature, taking in everything that she could now remember. Instead of the grullo unicorn looking foreign to her and a stranger, her azure eyes roamed over every familiar feature, every mark and muscle that she loved. And it was hers, if he still wanted her.

“Xanthos,” his name came out of her mouth on the caress of a whisper, her voice choked with abrupt emotion, “Xan, I…” Allowing her head to drop, she shook her head, forelock swaying in a slightly melancholic way. The rush of emotions that surged through her breast caused the mare to lose her capabilities of speech, her mind deserting her of words she could possibly say. What could she say, that would make this all aright? No doubt, for Xanthos, it had been one horrifying nightmare…

Lifting her head, hooded blue eyes brimming with tears, the mare spoke. “Oh, Xanthos… Yes. Yes, it’s me, and I remember you.” Romani watched as he dared to approach her, and when he stretched his handsome muzzle out towards her, hesitance plain with every twitch of his muscles, she stretched out her neck a well, brushing her dark lips against his. Holding it there, she let out a breath, breathing into his nostrils and swallowed his familiar, loving scent. Her mind associated it with safety, and warmth, and devotion… And love.

“I… Xanthos, I’m so, so sorry.” The words that she couldn’t find merely moments ago came tumbling out of her mouth and she pulled back only slightly, gazing into his slitted pupils adoringly, “I never meant to hurt you, or forget you, or forget anyone. It’s such a complicated tale, and I fear that you’ll never forgive me, for the pain and torture I’m sure you’ve gone through, simply because I was a fool… But now I remember everything. I remember you, and I remember that I...” Trailing off, Romani felt her heart rate speed up uncertainly, fear ever so steadily creeping into her misty azure eyes. Could she say it? Yes… Yes she could, for Xanthos deserved no less. “I love you, too.”

[ooc: Xan/Rome looooove! <3 <3 :DDD]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Romani - 02-01-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 02-02-2013, 03:47 AM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Romani - 02-03-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 02-03-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Romani - 02-04-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Mirage - 02-10-2013, 06:49 AM