the Rift

No Matter What [Xanthos]

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

I WILL LIVE FOR YOU

There was no doubt that every step closer he took closer to Romani, the feeling of fear consumed him more and more. Would she flinch away from him, then turn and run away? Would her ears flick flat against her head and demand that he back off, or would she try and attack him, much like she'd almost done back in the meadow? All this and more plagued his head in a matter of seconds, until he heard the golden beauty utter his name, and more importantly, proclaim that she did, indeed, remember him.

It felt as though a thousand pounds were suddenly lifted from off of his shoulders, and immediately, anything but simplistic joy vanished from the grullo. He wanted scream it to the world, laugh in the face of the Gods, for something had finally gone his way this time. He could hardly believe it, but as Romani extended her muzzle to his own and breathed her breath unto him, it was all that he could focus on. It was really, truly her, and not some crazy illusion of his mind that would skitter away like sand right before his very eyes.

"Shh," the stallion came up, his own voice choking with the strain of holding his emotions back, "I know you wouldn't do something on purpose, Romani. I am just glad that you're back, and that you can remember me. I forgive you, a thousand times if I must." At that, the grullo withdrew his muzzle, albeit hesitantly, unwilling to bring any sort of distance between them just yet. Taking a deep breath, Xanthos met those vividly familiar blue eyes of Romani's, his own goldens devoid of the great sadness he'd felt only moments ago. He gave a shake of his head. "Don't explain now, please, Rome..." There was more that he wanted to say, to assure her that all was well, but what she said next took him by pure surprise.

She loved him, too.

For a moment, all that he could do was stare in disbelief, before he realized just what he was doing. His heart had seemed to skip a beat, and his breath hitched in his throat, before a positively gleeful expression overtook him. "Really?" He spoke up, a question that wasn't really meant to be answered. A second later, Xanthos found himself almost dancing in place, and unable to help himself, he threw his head into the air in pure joy, his front hooves leaving the ground for but a brief moment. When all fours were upon the ground again, he stepped forward, mindful of the young tigress as he moved, and dropped his neck to press his muzzle into Romani's thick neck. He never wanted this moment to end.

Sucking in a deep breath, the grullo somehow found it in himself to speak again, pressing down the endless sea of emotions he felt to speak clearly. "You don't know how happy it makes me to hear you say that, Romani," he said, and finally took a step back so that he could gaze into her azure pools once more. "I was afraid I had lost you forever."

BEFORE I DIE

Credits

Messages In This Thread
No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Romani - 02-01-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 02-02-2013, 03:47 AM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Romani - 02-03-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 02-03-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Romani - 02-04-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Mirage - 02-10-2013, 06:49 AM