the Rift

No Matter What [Xanthos]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

She watched, with slightly surprise, as Xanthos absorbed her words. He seemed frozen for a few moments, as if he was unsure he had heard her correctly, and then as his mind seemed to wrap around the four words that had left her dark lips only moments before, a positively joyous expression crossed his previously puzzled face. The smile that broke out upon his lips caused an equally infectious one to cross hers, and as he began to jitter and move about, she laughed. It was a heartfelt and freeing laugh, an expression of joy and love and adoration. Everything that she wanted to portray, for Xanthos to know it was all for him.

The grullo’s front hooves left the ground for only a moment, his elegant head snapping back high into the air at a height Romani herself couldn’t even hope to achieve, but that didn’t matter. Nothing mattered now, except that they were together. Nothing could tear them apart now; not memory loss, not racist unicorns, nothing. When Xanthos pressed his muzzle to the soft tendons of her neck, the mare reached out slightly, always mindful of his horn and smiled. She lipped at his shoulder in an affectionate display before he could pull away, and when they were facing each other again, she took a few moments to simply stare deeply into his eyes.

Oh, Romani was smitten. There were no doubts about that… The Haflinger knew she was beyond in love with Xanthos, but there weren’t simply enough words in any language to explain how she felt. Instead of trying to explain it, she decided, she could show it, somehow…

Chuckling softly, the palomino nodded her head. “You couldn’t be rid of me, even if you tried,” she said, a teasing tone entering her soft voice, “I won’t be going anywhere, love. You’ll have me until the end of our days.” The endearment fell so freely from her lips, as if it had been there all along. The title was for Xanthos and Xanthos only, and no one could take that away.

Watching the exchange only a few paces away, young Kasai’s blue eyes remained locked on the pair, still completely baffled as to what she was witnessing. Her bonded, her Romani, was making lovey-eyes at a stallion who the cub could only briefly remember meeting in the Thistle Meadow. Was this the unicorn that had scared her? Lifting her head, the tigress sniffed the air a few times, trying to remember his scent. Yes, it was him… Was this Romani’s love, then? Sending a rolling wave of curiosity, albeit still slightly fearful, Kasai directed her gaze to the Haflinger, who looked back to her companion.

“Oh…” Romani murmured, her expression puzzled for a moment as she tried to make sense of the emotions wafting off of her companion before another brilliant smile blossomed upon her face, “Yes, sweet, this is him. This is Xanthos.” Looking back to the grullo stallion, Romani’s head tilted slightly as she motioned towards the white and black ball of fluff. “Xanthos… I would like you to meet Kasai, my bonded. She really is quite sweet.” The cub merely shook her head, whiskers twitching, and eyed Xanthos curiously once more.

There seemed to be no bad intentions coming from the sand-colored unicorn, and so the young tigress took a small, tentative step forwards. Her pink nose was raised up, nostrils moving slightly as she intook his scent. With a curious tilt of her head, Kasai let out a warm purr, a far contrast to the previous hostile display she had shown the grullo. The cub refrained from venturing far from Romani’s side, but her tail swayed slightly in a way that showed she was no longer afraid. If Romani trusted this male, then so could she.

Redirecting her gazes back to Xanthos, Romani’s smile remained, her azure eyes still filled with that loving warmth. “So… What do we do now, Xan? I mean, you live here, in the Edge… I’m so happy for you, but… Will your herd have a problem? With me? With us?” They had already been through so much to be together, fought Gods and mortals alike. Would Xanthos’ herd mind if a mare of the Foothills came about to see her lover? And vice versa? Would Jackal allow it? There were so many questions that needed to be answered, so many ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’, yet… They would prevail.

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Romani - 02-01-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 02-02-2013, 03:47 AM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Romani - 02-03-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 02-03-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Romani - 02-04-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: No Matter What [Xanthos] - by Mirage - 02-10-2013, 06:49 AM