the Rift

Snow Angels [Nadira]

Mystique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A snow white blanket of untouched snow stretched over the horizon of the Steppes. A creamy blue gaze thoughtfully watched as it taunted her to play in every speck of the brightness. A slight smirk of her maw took the invitation to playing in the fresh blanket of snow. It had been a while since Mystique had seen snow for the first time. Bringing back memories of finding her best friend, Cera, she had figured out what the damp mushy stuff was. The temptation took her in as a few moments later the fae dashed happily into the knee deep snow. A bell like laughter filled the crisp air as clouds of streaming hot breath traveled from her nostrils. Her pinkish muzzle flipped up the icy sensation resting on the tips. Hoping like a bunny rabbit, she was now in a trance of play. Mystique had not had this much fun in a while, since she was more laid back in the past. Her parents had abandoned her right when she was born, but as strong willed as she was she survived through the torturous months until she was able to fend for herself. Now she enjoyed the company of others, but was more confident to be with herself as well. It wasn’t just depressing since she was learning the new ways of life and how to handle herself much better.

The pure joy of snow kicked in as Mysitque tumbled through the mounds of snow. Sometimes she blended in when she crouched down, hiding herself since she was white as well, but he long sparling horn gave it away. Darn it she thought to herself giggling like a small child. Bounding up and down she shrilled as she pressed herself close towards the ground. Rolling to her flat back she wiggled her body back and forth to make a snow angel. Her silvery hooves glimmered in the faint light that made the snow shimmer like crystals. Mystique was not thinking about any type of danger that could be lurking about. She was more concerned about all the untouched snow that she had to roll in!

Cera, her best friend, had recently been acted by an angered unicorn. Mystique hadn’t figured out that one slice of a horn, or one fatal kick would quickly end her life. She was not with an adult or ever Cera, but she was by herself with no protection what so ever. Her only protection was her ability to out run most horses, but she had not adjusted to the snow so therefore she would have no chance of escaping anywhere. She would just have to wait and see what the future held for the little snow covered filly.

[OOC: Sorry it is such a small post! I have a lot to make:)]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

She couldn’t remember a time when she hated snow. Translucent frozen water crystals, masking a colorless pigment, formed snowflakes that gathered on the floor. Covering everything and anything in its path, or at least attempting so. Her milky silhouette much resembled the wet stuff that clung with cold bitterness to the bottom of her cloven hooves. It gathered with no invitation, grasping at her rear tassels that dragged across the top of its mass. She quite welcomed the slightly off kilter of the cold that went along with the dazzling and sparkling wonder that she trodded through. The sun was out, but it did little good for warmth, as her pelt hailed no dark pigment to attract or collect the ray’s warmth. So she chose to bathe in the cold, the stillness that surrounded her.

It was laughter that soon filled her ears, and that of the snowbird’s song. She smiled pleasantly, as she hadn’t been honestly given the opportunity. With a calm and placid aura she let her limbs transport her petite form in the direction of the young and lighthearted giggling that had just recently entertained her small ears that now swiveled atop her crown, to keep on the right and direct path. It wasn’t so hard to find where the giggling was coming from, as there was snow flying every which way, as a playful filly frolicked about. Alone. The delicate mare’s features shadow over, slightly, as she glances about, in hopes of finding another close by, watching over this youthful girl, but with no prevail.

Without hesitation she continues to softly pad her way over to the flicka, who has now ventured into making a snow angel. Quite amused, she couldn’t ever think of a time she had been able to have no worries and no cares in the world, but to enjoy life. Her movements cease at this point as a pain tingled its way to the center of her soul. That was the one thing that she wished she could have been exposed to. She had seen it with all of her so-called schoolmates, but the opportunity to have fun. To not worry about tomorrow’s threats. She had never been given that luxury. And so she waited in silence for a bit, letting the young one enjoy her time playing in the snow, with no worries.

It hadn’t been long, but NADIRA was thriving for interaction with the little bundle of energy that had only just been bounding about like a little bunny, playfully looking and seeking for some fun. The pearly hued unicorn mare took several strides forward, before stopping again, and clearing her throat mildly, trying to inform the little one she had company.

"Hi. I am Nadira. I couldn’t help but see who all the giggling belonged to."

Her glacier orbs were soft and kind as they gazed on the filly with growing interest. Ears falling forward, her sea form colored mane slid forward, while her tail flickered at the invisible flies.

"May I know your name?"

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Mystique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"Hi. I am Nadira. I couldn’t help but see who all the giggling belonged to.”

The silky sound of a kind voice wriggled into the filly’s head. Bracing herself she turned around to see a frosted unicorn mare now standing in front of her. Nadira, she called herself, had said she could not help to see who all the giggling belonged to. Mystique’s gaze looked for of a sea foam green as she kindly smiled towards the older fae. If Mystique thought clearly, she could have sworn that Nadira could be her mother since they looked so much alike. The white pelts, crystal like horns, and the same look Mystique would not be surprised if people would mistake her for Nadira’s daughter. Hoping closer to the mare, she felt safe with her because she just had a feeling that Nadira would not try and hurt her. “That was me!” She shrilled giggling with glee. The filly pressed her gaze to meet Nadira’s before she formally introduced herself.

“My name is Mystique! It is a pleasure to meet you Nadira!” Mystique horn almost touched Nadira’s as she stretched her maw up to greet her with a nuzzle. Pressing her pinkish muzzle to Nadira’s chest she felt a soft sensation that crept up her maw. Only staying for a second, Mystique hopped back in a playful stance eyeing her gaze towards Nadira’s. “Nadira! Do you want to play with me? We can make snow angels!” With that the filly ran around thrashing out with joy because she wanted Nadira to play with her. She never really had a mare play with her before, so it was a great honor to even have her there. Besides, Mystique already liked her and figured that she might follow her around or show her to the Throat. She wondered if the frosted mare had a herd. Surly she did, but Mystique wanted her to join the Throat with her, so that he could take her to Midas. Maybe Midas would except her, and then her Cera, Midas and Nadira could all play together. Mystique had always wanted that loving feel from an adult since she was neglected as a child. Keeping her gaze on Nadira she gave her the puppy eyes, taunting her to play with the desperate filly.

[OOC: I am so sorry for the short and late post! ]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

A mirrored reflection of NADIRA turned to face her, gazing at her with those sea-green spheres. She was spunky and bubbly, full of life and the pure innocence that only comes with being so young. It was a different kind of innocence than found in the unicorn race. The older mare could only smile and give a short lady-like laugh as the little one admitted that it had been her that the giggling had belonged to. For being so young, her introductions were surprisingly quite formal. Mystique, NADIRA repeated to herself. What a befitting name for the filly.

Mystique’s petite maw greeted NADIRA’s with a warm welcoming nuzzle, before pressing her cushy and soft muzzle into the older mare’s chest. Though, with a bat of her eyelashes, she was back to hopping about in the fluffy white stuff, suggesting they play until their heart’s content, possibly even making snow angels. NADIRA had never made a snow angel before, and the concept seemed foreign, but inviting. It was quite obvious the little flicka was craving companionship, someone to play with.

Though questions of where Mystique’s guardian or older siblings might be, gnawed at the front of her skull, NADIRA pushed them aside and made the decision to enjoy this rare opportunity of being free. No skeptical eyes on the pristine white mare, judging her for foolish acts of being childish. Why not take advantage of something that she now could participate in, that she had once been deprived of. She needn’t look around to know they were alone: Alone to enjoy only the solitude of one another’s fits of giggles.

Tossing her own delicately molded façade in playfulness, NADIRA crow-hopped and sprayed glittering snowflakes everywhere. They floated effortlessly like confetti, gracing the two females with a cold blanket of snow. The energy that emanated from the little one was contagious, and NADIRA found herself becoming lost in a state of being young again. She found herself giggling with Mystique uncontrollably, tossing her crowned visage playfully and spraying the glitter that littered the floor in every direction possible. It seemed as though time had retracted itself.

The cold bitterness that had greeted her upon arrival had dispersed elsewhere. The coziness of the sun’s rays were unexpected, but not rejected. After moments of unrelenting fun, the alabaster mare, with flamboyant animation, began rolling in the sparkling flakes, melting any evidence of existence, save for her golden cloven hooves that flailed in the air. So this is what it felt like to have no cares and no responsibility. She wondered if she could ever become accustom to such an easy way of living, but then tossed that idea away. For now, she would enjoy every minute she could of this.

It was at the end of her snow angel-making attempt, that she sat up on her side, heaving from all the enthusiasm spent and laid her soft gaze on Mystique. Questions now filling her cranium at a constant speed, so as to not be dismissed so easily as before.

"Mystique, if you don’t mind me asking, where do you stay? And where is your family?"

These were two simple questions, and NADIRA understood if the filly wished not to answer them, but all the same, she still had to at least ask.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty