the Rift

Gonna put the world away for a minute. [Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Between the red alert in the Throat because of that damn Tio, the spars that had left her hurting in places she didn't know could hurt, the (somewhat self-imposed) pressure of living up to her new rank, and the constant threat that their northern Basin neighbors would finally attempt to strike back at the herds that had outcasted them, Aryel's life in Helovia was anything but boring. But now that Tallsun had finally begun, maybe it was time for a brief rest. Where better to go than the beach?

The blue roan flared her wings and dropped onto the sand with a thud. For some reason, Aryel loved the ocean. The way the sea breezes whipped up her mane, the cool, sparkling blue water, and the soft sand that was heaven on her hooves all worked wonders for relieving stress. She walked down the beach, the water covering the bottom few inches of her hooves, scanning the sand for any interesting flotsam that had washed up. You never knew what you could find here. Bits and pieces of seaweed and driftwood, along with shells both intact and shattered, made up the brunt of the washup, but sometimes she would see a shark's tooth, or a stone worn smooth as silk from the waves. Once she had even found an Earth amulet here, the edge of a green gem the only sign something was there.

Crabs skittered out of the way as she walked by, and minnows darted out from under her hooves. A few seagulls wheeled overhead, navigating the ocean winds effortlessly. She would have to try and mimic them someday. She gazed out over the water, flickers of sunlight dancing on the waves. Aryel wondered briefly if the Pirates, that band of bachelors led by Cormac, were still here. Had Cormac finished his quest yet, or was he still down in the deep? Her attention was drawn by a cluster of seagulls in the distance, fighting over a mound of seaweed. She could hear the squawking from several yards away as they picked though the bundle to expose any tidbits that might be hiding in it. Hm... Aryel lowered her head and approached slowly, trying to keep the mischievous grin off her face. The birds paid no attention to her, allowing the mare to get closer and closer. When she was only a matter of feet away, she broke into a charge and galloped straight into their midst, sending a cloud of birds scattering into the air, screeching indignantly. Aryel laughed, looking up at the gulls as they impatiently waited for her to leave. Well, she had her fun, now she would let them have their seaweed back. She stepped away from the pile, which was immediately re-swarmed by the seabirds, then continued ambling down the beach.

"Speaking her mind." Rare moments of thought. Taking action.

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Satan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A day at the beach. What had brought me down here,I don't know for I wasn't one to go to the beach. Unless maybe there was a storm and I wanted the see the waves crashing down on the shore,the screaming echoes for the shore line flooding my ears and the crack of lighting striking the water. I wonder what causes a storm? I can almost imagine two of the gods fighting in the sky,the lighting is a light to see where each other is,and the thunder is is the crash of them falling down and throwing rocks at each other. Funny idea,that would be. Anyone who might have seen me on my way here might have seen the black snake by the side of me,almost skidding over the sands. I decided I liked the snake for I know they can be aggressive creatures and the best thing for them was that they are on my side,that way,I can use them against others. Well,Chandra anyway. I would teach her to be the devious creature I was.

I halted at the sight of a blue Pegasus charging at a flock of birds which quickly scattered the the sky,squawks leaking from there pointed beaks. The mamba slowly started to curl it's self round my leg,travelling up till eventually it was holding around 3 fourths of it's body in the air whilst the last quarter clung round my leg. She had done it before and so I was used to it now and knew she wasn't going to try any nasty tricks. Gathering myself into a walk to snake clung round me to keep up right,its onyx eyes scouring the land. As I approached the mare I wonder,what fun could I have? the snake hissed slightly to snatch her attention towards me. Or us for that matter. "May I ask your name mare?" She is from the Throat so I put on my realistic fake act. Remember now,I wanted to do nothing more then please there leaders right now.

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel stopped as someone's voice cut through her daydreaming. A coal-colored mare, with a crimson mane and horn, as well as slitted pupils. Didn't see that every day. Her eyes were drawn to a slight movement near the horse's leg, and she realized with a start that it was a snake, the same color as the horse itself, watching her with beady eyes. Must be a friend of hers, she thought. She had heard of animals bonding to horses here, but who would want a pet snake? She turned to face the two, sizing up the mare. Bigger than herself, as usual, but it had long since ceased to matter to Aryel. What did unsettle her was the strange feeling she got from the mare. She didn't know why, but she didn't plan to relax completely until she knew who this horse was.

"My name is Aryel." she said, nostrils drawing in the horse's scent. She couldn't tell if the mare was an Outcast, or if that really was a tinge of Throat she smelled. Normally, she would've settled down after realizing she was meeting another Throat horse, but for some reason, she hoped this mare wasn't actually in their herd. "I've given my name, so perhaps you could tell me yours? And that of your snake's?"

(Sorry for the tiny post, I had a bit of a muse block here.)

"Speaking her mind." Rare moments of thought. Taking action.

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Satan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Chandra moves silently up onto my back. You my be surprised to know that she wasn't slimy. She was smooth and I could barely feel the snake slithering round on me. Like my neck was a branch she hung loosely round my neck,he head and a lot of her long thin body stretching out towards the blue mare,the blue mare Aryel. The snake tastes the air in between me and the Pegasus.Her forked tongue had never be able to taste the beach air,only the air in the humid marsh lands. I wonder what it must be like the know so little? I wonder if it's the same as being a foal for a snake?

Black lips curl sweetly up. I had had so many years of lying and cheating others that I now had a great skill at it. I wonder if I could become a actor? Now wouldn't that be a show? I was happily prepared to give my name,despite how hellish it was. It made shivers scuttle down the backs of the young,foolish,dragons back in there land for they hadn't ever herd a name like it. "I am Satan." The Mamba lifts her outstretched body up. "And this is Chandra." I watch over the body of Aryel. Her height was quiet a bit smaller,a bonus for me. Her coat was so different though,she was a sickly blue and intact,her blue darkened in the same places a bay turns black,the lower legs,mane and tail. I wonder what business she could help me with,unknowingly of course. My sharp dragon eyes focus only on her,as the snakes onyx orbs do to. "Are you from a herd? And what rank are you,if I may ask?" She had the Throat smell but I figured it would sound more polite if I asked.