the Rift

Born in the Arms of Imaginary Friends, Open

Thayne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
You Say That Love Goes Anywhere; In Your Darkest Time, It’s Just Enough To Know It’s There.
These mares… They were different. Two women searching for two different things. Thayne’s ever-soft green gaze lingered between the two, not missing for a moment the tension that was steadily building up between them. What he had missed in their earlier conversation, he would never know, but he did know that perhaps he could calm whatever was about to come. Lakota, for that is what she called herself, turned stunning violet irises upon him, raw emotion blazing in those purple depths. Thayne stared for a moment, captivated simply by the emotion that swam in her eyes. Could he name them? Oh, yes, he could… Anguish, rage, self-loathing, desperation, and hope. All of those conflicting emotions seemed to battle within the blue roan mare for supremacy, but Lakota seemed to fight against each and every one of them, desperately searching for some kind of wall to bring up.

Could Azura see that her words were having such an effect upon the roan? Did she even care? Thayne, while normally a very gentle creature by nature, wasn’t afraid to stick up for someone if he felt they deserved it. Whether or not Lakota would appreciate his efforts, he didn’t know, but there wasn’t any way that the steel-colored Warlander could turn such desperate eyes away. The way that she had looked at him was slightly unsettling, almost as if she was losing herself to whatever demons plagued her, and he, a stranger, was the only hope she had to hold on to whatever sanity she was barely clinging to.

Tearing his eyes away from those pools of suave lavender, Thayne’s piercing green gaze landed upon the tobiano form of Azura. His ears flick forward as she speaks, and he doesn’t miss the sadness that is now in her tone. But was it genuine? Thayne did not know their pasts in an intimate fashion, especially since he had just met the both of them, but the large brute did pride himself on being a relatively good judge of character. True intentions is what Azura had, but it seemed that she lacked the ability to go through with them.

’Nothing is a legend without a tale to tell as ours go back for centuries. If you wish to know the story then I would happily tell you.’ Was that a condescending tone that he heard? Did Azura not understand that her words were having the opposite effect on Lakota? That they were upsetting and crippling to the blue roan, instead of reassuring and confirming? A coal-grey ear flicked back, the slightly crimped strands of his ivory tail giving a subtle irritated twitch. Oh, there was nothing wrong with one having pride from where they came from. After all, Thayne himself did, despite how he had been run out… It was simply how one displayed it.

“Good Azura,” Thayne began, keeping his piercing gaze locked onto her own orbs and his words polite, “Perhaps such a tale should be reserved for another time. Can you not see that our friend here is growing uncomfortable at your words and presence?” There was no malice or ill-intention in his tone, just simple truth. Lakota seemed so unstable, so unsure of herself, and despite not knowing the mare, Thayne found that he wanted to rectify whatever had done her wrong. If she would let him.

Thayne continued, undeterred. “Maybe it is simply because you are young, but life has a way of changing us, and how we act, and the walls that regrettably fall into place. It’s for protection you see, a reflex, and no matter the wall or outcome, there is never any reason for someone to change simply because someone else doesn’t agree with how they act. I understand that you may only be trying to help, but to me, it sounds as if you wish for Lakota to change… And why should she?” Here, he paused, allowing his words to sink in, the large contours of his head tilting slightly to the left. He was genuinely curious as to what Azura would say. Would she act like a spoiled Princess and try and reprimand him? Or would she understand and accept the words with a mature attitude?

“In my eyes, albeit inexperienced, I’m afraid, I see no reason as to why she should change. I see no problem with who she is… And if you claim to only see the good in others, then neither should you, for the good in Lakota is right here in front of you.” Where was this coming from, Thayne wondered, an ear swiveling back slightly in confusion. Why was he speaking in such a way, about a mare who he barely knew? It was her eyes, he realized only moments later… The pure desperation that had shown in her lavender irises, the agony and hope had caused the Warlander to become undone, and now, he was driven by the pure desire to help someone in need. Even if Azura couldn’t see it, Thayne could, and he’d do his best to help.

[Image: 33cc4089-da2b-46fd-97dc-1cf05d150e60_zps1e49b915.jpg]
thayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Born in the Arms of Imaginary Friends, Open - by Azura - 02-03-2013, 05:13 AM
RE: Born in the Arms of Imaginary Friends, Open - by Azura - 02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: Born in the Arms of Imaginary Friends, Open - by Azura - 02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: Born in the Arms of Imaginary Friends, Open - by Azura - 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: Born in the Arms of Imaginary Friends, Open - by Thayne - 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Born in the Arms of Imaginary Friends, Open - by Azura - 02-10-2013, 04:04 AM
RE: Born in the Arms of Imaginary Friends, Open - by Thayne - 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM