the Rift

My Brother In Arms [Levi]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel rolled her eyes and grinned as Levi teased her. "Oh, har-dee-har," she said. "Like she'll believe the short horse was able to inflict all the damage." But she stood firm as he prepared to fight.

He began by running the opposite direction.

Aryel's expression became somewhat confused as he did so. He couldn't possibly be--no, he wasn't fleeing. She watched as he ran towards the cliff wall, then on it, using his wings to keep himself up. Clever, she thought, watching him draw near. He was only able to stay up for a few seconds, but she could see it had given him a speed boost. The unorthodox action had also distracted her long enough for him to get close enough to prevent her from dodging, and she was forced to come up with another tactic in the tense few seconds she had left. Taking a breath, she widened her stance and braced herself, bearing her left should to take the brunt of the attack. Levi slammed into her less than a second after, pushing her several inches and eliciting a grunt of pain from the mare, but she remained upright. Teeth scraped at her left wing, which she instinctively pulled away from his jaw, loosing a few feathers in the process.

Now it was her turn.

Her own jaws snaked forward to bite, aiming for the side of his neck or his mane. At this angle, it would be difficult to get a good hold, but if she could give him a sharp enough bite to jump away, she would have enough space to strike out with her hooves. At the same time, she reared up as best she could with Levi's weight pressing on her, managing to get her tucked front hooves a foot or two off the ground. She hopped so that her rear swung right a bit, giving her a somewhat-better angle to bite from. She momentarily recalled the move Gaucho had used in a previous spar, a sort a crow-hopping backwards buck, which could be used to simultaneously fling debris into an enemy's face, while kicking at them at the same time. But she doubted she would use it now. She didn't want to severely hurt her friend, and that might be the result if he was bucked in the face. Try explaining that to Onni, she thought ruefully.

Summary: Aryel takes the hit to her shoulder and tries to pull her wing out of the way, while biting at Levi's neck and trying to hop-turn to get a better grip.

Attack: Biting at the side of his neck or his mane.

Defense: None

Injuries: Bruised shoulder, handful of non-essential feathers lost from wing.

"Speaking her mind." Rare moments of thought. Taking action.

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
My Brother In Arms [Levi] - by Aryel - 02-03-2013, 04:51 PM
RE: My Brother In Arms [Levi] - by Levi - 02-04-2013, 08:45 AM
RE: My Brother In Arms [Levi] - by Aryel - 02-08-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: My Brother In Arms [Levi] - by Official - 03-04-2013, 08:55 AM