the Rift

Lifeline [Myrddin]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the earth...

Listening.

It was all Myrddin had done recently; listening to the broken hearted, to the joyful and vengeful...and now to the lost. As young Sin admitted that he felt lost, in the back of Myr's mind, he could hear Chester, the odd pink would-be cat, quoting some gospel from another world, about what it means to be lost. Can you be lost, if you have no direction? Is being lost even such a bad thing? A small smile played upon his lips as he thought of Chester, wondering what had become of him. Zikar-Sin would likely find the almost-cat amusing, surely, and perhaps even more enlightening than Myrddin himself.

...another stallion...

Ah. So perhaps this was a love story after all. It had been quite some time since Myrddin had felt the stirrings of passion in his loins, but not so long ago that he forgot the feeling of compulsion which normally accompanied it. Vaguely, he recalled a stallion called...something lio....It had been so long ago, the memory was fuzzy in his mind, for the encounter had only been brief. Myr had been...talking a bath. Yes, that was it; taking a bath, which was interrupted by....Tolio!, that was his name, as well as a mare and her foal. Could that be who Sin was referring to?

Myrddin kept quiet as Sin continued to speak, bobbing his head at the appropriate places so that the youngster knew he was still listening - without maintaining eye contact, he assumed some might find it hard to gauge whether or not he was actually paying attention. As he finished, Myrddin paused waiting to see if any more would be said. The Philosopher knew from experience how hard it could be to dam a flood of emotion, once it had begun.

Tolio, Psyche, and Mauja...That's what this boiled down to; where did young Sin fit into this trio? Nibbling his lip, Myr considered the problem. Myrddin had never really considered his loyalties in this way before. He had pledged allegiance to the Frost King so long ago, back when he was leader of the Edge...And Psyche? She seemed a fairly capable ruler; some of her recruits seemed a little too keen at times, and some even turned out to be traitors but...ahh, such is life. With a heavy sigh, Myrddin cleared his throat, moving his bearded muzzle closer to where he believed Sin was, and exhaled softly. "Matters of the heart..." He began, pausing almost immediately, furrowing his wire-y brows together. "Are just that; pertaining to the heart. They bear no logical or rational relation to anything else, much less the alliances of your homeland...However, perhaps I can elucidate some of these issues for you...I swore allegiance to Mauja before the King lost his crown and was then lost in time, back when he ruled the Edge. I came to join the Basin out of respect for that agreement made between he and I. However, I stayed, not because of Psyche, or Mauja, but because of the gift granted to me by the patron of these lands. For you see, I was not recruited by Psyche, nor was it her decision to appoint me Haruspex. That decision game from the God of the Spark. So question not your allegiances or your duties, youngling. For you belong to me, and I am pleased with the progression of your studies. You are a scholar and a disciple, and need only remind yourself of that, should you feel that you have shirked your responsibilities."

Flicking his whispy tail against his hocks, he blinked a few times, as if trying to clear the sleep from his eyes. "I would hear more from you, m'boy, but would ask for a favour. I do believe it is time for the Goddess of the Moon to restore my sight..." He grumbled, with a mischievious smile playing upon his pale lips. "Walk your teacher to the veins, won't you?"

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Lifeline [Myrddin] - by Zikar-Sin - 02-03-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Lifeline [Myrddin] - by Myrddin - 02-04-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: Lifeline [Myrddin] - by Zikar-Sin - 02-07-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: Lifeline [Myrddin] - by Myrddin - 02-26-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: Lifeline [Myrddin] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-07-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Lifeline [Myrddin] - by Myrddin - 03-07-2013, 09:31 PM