the Rift

Bring With Me Your Love (Sandman)

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Golden coat shined in the coming light. The white spots shone, feeling the heat of the warm Tallsun day. The little paint filly moved with ease, taking the notion of a beautiful day to be out and about. The egg she had found was in her mouth, and she was very careful with it. It was a duty to be able to protect her new companion, and she was very happy to have one. Though she didn’t know what it would turn out to be yet, she was still happy she would have a little creature of her. She had wanted one for so long, something to nurture and care for, something to look after, and to look after her in return. She made her way out, past the long, white sandy beach of the Endless Blue. Sandman. Where had he gone? Their last conversation had ended on a short note, and she wondered, once again, what had become of him. Her prince charming was scarce, but it was all right. The best kind of knight was the one that always came to your rescue at the end of the fairytale. It was be bad press to have him come at the middle. She moved along, looking at a small wooded area in front of her. She moved towards it, and discovered it was a closed off place. It was enchanting. The young mare didn’t know what the place was called, but she liked it. It was so beautiful to her. The only thing that would make it better, is if he was here.

[W/C | 264 ]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Sandman
Why don't you come and play? I guarantee a great big smile.

It wasn't surprising that the stallion would find this place. He was always wandering now, searching for something, though he wasn't certain what that something might be. Nothing tangible. Peace? Love? Whatever it was, it had driven him from Loki, the hybrid's company too confusing to deal with for the time being. Not that he didn't like the stag, but his mere presence poked and prodded at old memories, ones that Sandman preferred to keep buried. If he forced himself to forget his past, it couldn't hurt him anymore. He was tired of hurting, tired of being haunted by horses that were gone from his life.

The serene grove called to him, promising stillness and rest, and a chance to get out of the fierce sun. While the chestnut flourished in heat, one could only stand being fried for so long before seeking refuge. The shade embraced him as he passed beneath the trees, dark and warm, and for a moment he allowed himself to be comforted, lulled by the illusion that nature itself cared. It didn't, of course, and he was well aware of that fact, but it is a pretty fantasy. Still, he discards it soon enough, forcing himself back into the harsh reality.

A scent weaves its way toward him on a faint breeze, and a rare genuine smile crosses his face. It would seem that little Kanti has also ventured here, and he sets out to find the sunny flicka. No matter what, she will have a cheerful grin for him, and perhaps her light could chase away the gloom that hangs over him, if only for a short while. She doesn't question, doesn't reopen old wounds that never healed. She simply is, dancing through life like a butterfly, and he appreciates her kind words and kind disposition. Still, he hesitates when he spots her gold and ivory coat, remembering the odd behavior she had exhibited at their last meeting. Her tale of kidnap and slavery explain the change, for her innocence must have been deeply scarred from the experience, but it is her innocence that he longs for.

Coward, he berates himself. So she has changed, but that doesn't mean he should avoid her. Just the opposite, as he is playing the role of her handsome prince. The hero is supposed to be there to help the girl through such changes, wrapping her in love and acceptance until the past is gently wiped away by his tenderness, or something along those lines anyway. So he steps forward, charming smile painted on in an instant, eyes sparkling with humor and goodwill. "Fancy meeting you here, dearest. Do you come here often?" A flirtatious wink is directed to her as he approaches. His muzzle reaches out to brush her own, confident that the gesture will be well received. After all, they are in love in this story.

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Two hearts will beat as one. This story is about love, and it is the one fairy tail that, for the moment, won’t end badly. Soon there will be three hearts, and two of them will be shattered. But I’m getting ahead of myself, being a bad narrator, aren’t I?

The small filly heard footsteps behind her. A smell, thick and manly stood behind her, giving her chills. For a moment her small heart leap with fear, but she turned to see her Prince Charming. Interesting how life’s little pleasures were the only things you could hold on to. His muzzle brushed hers, and she could feel her checks grow red, hot with the blood flowing from the body to her face. He always had that affect on the small young mare, and he always would. She carefully set the egg down in the grass, ignoring it for now, for she had other things to do now. The chestnut shone in the sunlight, and it might have been her mind that made him this way. He was a god in her eyes, and her god needed her attention now. Though she knew he wasn’t a real god, his presence in her mind felt like that. He was a creature of beauty, one that had stolen her heart from the moment he had laid his beautifully dangerous eyes on her small, innocence ones. Though this filly wasn’t a filly anymore. She was ready to be a mare.
"I’ve been waiting for you." She turned her head to his, returning his gesture when she returned to his side. "I tend not to, but today is a special day, is it not?" Her whole body shook, and she knew what was coming. She had wanted this for so long, and it was going to happen today. She would make him. "Tell me Sandman, after all your toying, do you still want me? You can have me, have it all." Her eyes changed, turning into a darker shade of blue, her look losing innocence. She is turning to lust, an emotion she has never known until now. She wants him, she knows that now also. She moved slowly, caressing his body with hers. Moving to his ears, she whispers. "Take me, if you wish to. I’m all yours. You wouldn’t want to disappoint your princess, would you?"

"Talk talk talk talk"

Kanti.</style>
light from the soul warms all</style>
image by MightyBoyBrian @ flickr.com