the Rift

loving hearts at play [Tolio]

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Frost Fyre
You Can Never be Too Young

The warm rays of the sun spread over my back, blanketing me in a coat of warmth. I glance into the sky, admiring all the fluffy white clouds that dotted the vast blue sky. My small muzzle is lifted higher, and I imagine myself as a pegasus. Flying high into the sky, all the way until I touch the sun. Feeling it's warm rays on my body, soaring through the clouds without a care in the world. But, I couldn't do that. Although I longed to, I couldn't. I didn't have wings. Instead I had a horn. But still, being able to fly would be amazing. Although racism has already attached itself to me, I can still push it aside time from time to speak with others. My racism is growing though. It is a precious flower, and with the right nurturing it will someday bloom. Bloom into a ugly little flower that will surely envelope me entirely. Then I will be stuck, unable to push my supremacist ways away to speak with hornless horses without attacking them.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts of racism when a gentle blue butterfly lands on my nose. I giggle, focused on the butterfly as it begins to fly away. I run after it, lifting my legs up as I do. My small cloven hooves hit the ground in an even beat, my lion tail swishing behind me. My nostrils flare as my lungs pull air into them. I had been so lonely lately. Ever since mother left me. She seemed to think I could manage on my own. Now I disrespected her. I didn't care what happened to her. She could be eaten alive and I wouldn't care whatsoever. Why was I thinking of such cruel things like this on such a lovely day?

Pushing my thoughts to the back of my head I focus back on the butterfly, which fluttered around my head. I throw my hooves up, giggling. I prance after it, lifting my legs as high as I could. I was still lonely, but this butterfly was entertaining enough. For now.

"Chatting with others."
Thinking up her moves
Putting her moves to work

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit
 Tolio.</style>

Thoughts lingered in his brain no matter where he went. Phaedra, his child, his life, Faelene…his entire future. He needed to get away from the stifling atmosphere of his own mind, and yet he could not. No matter where he traveled, it followed him. Slinking from shadows and staring at him through glowing eyes in the darkness. It was always there, waiting for him to drop the walls around his thoughts, waiting for him to crack so that all his problems could flood through. It was absolutely devastating, and he despised how weak he felt. Planning on going to the Endless Blue like he normally did to escape his thoughts, he was surprised by a slight looping detour through the meadows. It was close to his home, but was not a deadshot to the ocean. Nevertheless he didn’t focus on where his legs led him, only vaguely aware of where he was in the first place. It didn’t matter to him how long it took him to get to the beach, his safe haven. He wasn’t on a time schedule, and he needed to distract himself anyways.

That distraction came in the form of a playful figure following after a brightly colored flyer. Tolio shook himself from his haze, hardly even able to call it thoughts. At first he did not recognize the little lady that was trailing energetically after the butterfly, for it had been nearly a season and she had definitely grown. Then it hit him, and a type of familial love filled his chest. Frost. He remembered her well, though she hadn’t had the seriousness that seemed to linger about her now. Her face was far too mature, and Tolio was saddened to see it. Whatever had happened to change her from the happy, chirpy filly to this growing young lady was unacceptable. Especially now that he had his own kids on the way, he hoped that they would never look at the world like she did, with such wise eyes for her age. Smiling through that, Tolio trotted after her on lanky legs. Nickering his presence softly, eyes bright and listeners flickering playfully at the small lady. ”Why hello there, little one! Remember me?” Teasing her, smile warm and inviting. It had been quite a while indeed. They had both changed.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Frost Fyre
You Can Never be Too Young

While I was busy chasing the fluttering insect I had not heard the pounding of hooves behind me. As I turn my head I dig my heels into the dirt. A familiar figure is standing there, words slipping out of his lips. In an instant I grin, delighted to see an old friend. "Tolio!" My words are bubbly and are smeared with excitement. I rear up, boxing my small cloven hooves. "I haven't seen you in forever! How are you!?"

Bright emeralds glisten in the sun as I wait for him to speak. It was so nice to finally see an old playmate! Somehow he seemed older, I don't know how but he just did. Like he had been through a lot since we had last seen each other. That was way back when, maybe a season or so ago. I had still been a little bubbly filly back then, but I had matured over the season. So much had happened. Mother leaving me, me meeting the Gryphons, me trying to speak with the gods. This list could go on but I didn't really want to remember most of it.

My black lips are still curled into a delicate smile as I stare at Tolio, wondering what he'd been through since the last time we had met. My nostrils flare as the sun beats down onto my bay roan coat. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, allowing the sun's rays to beam down directly onto the earth. The heat probably hasn't touched home, and probably never will. Speaking of home, I hadn't been there in ages. It was kind of sad, but oh well. I didn't need to think about home right now, mainly because Tolio was here before me. I think it was about time we talked, especially after so long.

"Chatting with others."
Thinking up her moves
Putting her moves to work