the Rift

For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!]

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

The distance between Foothills and Edge was not a long one. With Romani at his side, the grullo seemed to prance with joy with each stride, joyous to finally have her restored to the loving, kindred soul that he'd met in the Meadow only two seasons ago. Two seasons... it hadn't been long at all since the two had met, but in Xanthos' mind, it had felt like an eternity since the last time they'd been together. It was odd to think that this simple journey would be the first that palomino and grullo took together, as every other time had been cut short, either by an intruding bitch named Elizabeth, or Xanthos' fear of being spotted by somebody else.

High in the sky rested the sun, promising hours of remaining daylight and warmth. The grullo's coat had long since thinned out, forming into a sleek, lighter shade, almost silvery in appearance. With each gust of wind he was compelled to leap into a gallop, but it was the rememberance of the young tigress at his mate's side that kept him refraining from such a thing. With a turn of his head, golden eyes met the small cub named Kasai, and he flashed her a gentle smile, knowing that she still wasn't entirely sure of him.

In no time, they were entering the borders of the Foothills, Romani's beloved home. He could remember clearly her promise of showing it to him some day, and he was happy that she was finally able to fulfill it. When she spoke, he drew to a stop, lifting his head and allowing his eyes to scan over the rolling green hills. In the distance, encompassing the land, there were towering mountains, a frame to the beautiful picture in which it held. "It's amazing," he responded, to which he turned his head to meet golden with azure eyes. But before he could say anything more, Romani spoke, and her tone had a sudden, dramatic change.

A look of worry sprung across the grullo's face, and as the palomino went on to explain just what it was, he tipped an ear to the side in thought. He wondered just how young this Nayati was, and just how close the pair's relationship was. It wasn't that he doubted Romani, not at all, but he couldn't help but think these things over. After all, he and Romani lived in two completely different lands, and with different purposes. She, a faithful and loyal warrior to the Foothills, a revered member no doubt; and he, a Wraith of the Edge, bent on gaining the trust of its members and fulfilling a promise to Mirage, proving that she had been right in her decision to invite him into her home.

Sucking in a deep breath, Xanthos let it out slowly, barrel expanding ever so slightly. "I would like to meet her," he spoke up, flashing a smile to the golden mare, "And, I would readily open my heart to her, if she can bare to do the same with me."

[ooc - Ermagerd, far from my best post >__<]

"talk talk talk

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Messages In This Thread
For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!] - by Romani - 02-04-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!] - by Xanthos - 02-07-2013, 09:10 AM