the Rift

For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The ocean hued orbs grazed the lands. They belonged to a mare of alabaster coloring, carrying with her a three-foot spear of ivory protruding from her delicate brow. The daylight flooded the meadow of the Foothills and warmed her snowy frame. It had been quite awhile since her encountered with the golden painted mare, who called herself Romani. She had been the first to welcome her to Windtossed Foothills, but they hadn’t crossed paths since. Casual thoughts would occasionally come up, wondering if the mare was still about. But she couldn’t be too judgmental, as she hadn’t been around quite that much herself.

NADIRA still had a wanderer’s heart and enjoyed exploring the new world she had found herself thrown into. She had met some interesting characters and some had left a pretty intriguing impression with her. Her stride was upbeat but lithe, as she moved across the grassy floor. For the most part, she would have missed Romani’s entrance, if Aaron had not caught her attention. She had briefly encountered him and Insanity, along with Argetlam and Delinne on the side of the mountain.

His normal routine did not entail visiting the border of the Foothills very often, she had recently observed with little intention of doing so, she found and surprised herself. Letting her gaze wander in the direction he had detoured on, she caught sight of Romani, with a stallion beside her, and a filly. Curiously, she too switched her path in the direction to greet Romani. It was weird to feel relief at seeing a mare she could hardly say was a friend, more of an acquaintance, but all the same, she felt like the two of them were long time friends.

Picking up a two-beat gait, she too moved to welcome Romani back. Kasai was with her and NADIRA smiled to herself. The little tiger cub was cute, but she would not want to cross the cub in anyway, other than to be a friend. She reached the gathering group not far behind Aaron, and just barely discerned the filly’s speech, before Aaron’s words floated on the open space before them all. The opaque mare glanced at the filly and was about to give a friendly smile her way, before welcoming Romani back home, when she noticed the little flicka turning to leave, and the start of fresh rain drops leaking from her pretty eyes.

Ceasing her floating strides short of where the filly was, the unicorn mare lowered her crown to the flicka. With a soft whisper only meant for the filly to hear, she let her melodic tunes drift to the little girl’s lobes that held no life.

“Little one, I am not good when it comes to these things, but I hope you will stay for a moment, dear. I am NADIRA, and if you wish, you may stay by my side for the moment if you do not feel comfortable.”

Darting a quick glance to Romani, she felt a strong sensation that her golden friend’s searching eyes might be for the little filly. NADIRA was no mind reader, was no fortuneteller, and did not know everything that went on around these parts, but it was not difficult to read those who wore their heart out on their sleeve, so to speak. It was a gift, a skill she had acquired to use in defense for the events of her past life, and now, it seemed, to becoming in quite useful here, in her new homeland. She sighed, as sometimes it was more of a bearing of a weight than anything else, but in any case, she wished to only help out here.

Bringing her attention back to the filly, she smiled, facing her own delicate ears in her direction. NADIRA noted the colorful flowers that trailed the filly and couldn’t help but let her smile reappear. They filled her mane and tail as well. A pretty little filly like her seemed pretty upset about something. But she didn’t know if this was the time and place to ask. So, she tried to keep her tone light with her next few words.

“Come on dear. Please, don’t leave quite yet. Afterward, you can tell me how all those pretty flowers trail after you, and make your mane and tail so pretty.”

With a few more steps forwards, she gave a friendly nod to Aaron, not sure if he would recognize her from the side of the mountain. She also gave the new stallion a gentle smile in a welcome and introduced herself.

“I hope everything is alright, as Aaron seems to show some concern for… the Edge?” Raising a brow, more in question if she had heard correctly and not sure of the land they were speaking of, but continued on with her words. “I am NADIRA. Any friend of Romani’s, is a friend of mine.” Turning to Romani, an old friend’s smile drew upon her features quickly. If she could have embraced the golden mare in a hug, it was the same gesture her glacier orbs showed to the mare, and then down to Kasai. “Welcome back, Romani, Kasai. I was beginning to wonder where my tour guides had vanished to.” Her tone was light and full of warmth.

She hoped the little filly had stayed. Whether she had taken up residence beside her or behind her, or wherever, she had a feeling things needed to be explained. Was it a mother’s intuition? She was no mother, too young in her right to even think of such a thing, but maybe it had something to do with being in tune with her own feelings, that it made it that much easier to pick up on another’s as well. Either way, whatever the reasoning behind it, she hoped she had attempted to do the right thing, without imposing too much.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!] - by Romani - 02-04-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!] - by Nadira - 02-11-2013, 07:46 PM