the Rift

I Love you oh so well | Birthing, Open

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Birth was a wonderful yet painful thing. Giving birth to new life is the best feeling in the world.

But it's painful.

As I trot along, far from home, I see something. A palomino lump in the middle of the field. Why would a horse be laying down in the middle of this heat? I step closer, my black nose is stuck outwards, trying to detect movement. Two small fillies lay by the mare, breathing. Another mare is there too. She looks larger than the gods themselves! But that was cruel to think about. Instead I stare at the mare who had just given birth. Wings stick from her sides. Or, what I think are wings. She has no tail and her mane is falling out in clumps. Pity envelopes my heart as I stare down at the mare. As I look at her I remember when I had given birth to Frost.

All I remember was pain. So much pain. My stomach has hurt so much. I had to flop onto my side and pant. It was pitiful. The cold weather took care of the sweat but it was still tiring. I had pushed a few times, feeling sick. And then, BAM! There was a child laying by me. I had been so relieved. It was a miracle. A painful miracle. And now, as I gazed upon the two little fillies that the mare I felt a sense of joy. She had just become a mother.

I glance at the other mare. It was simply a miracle. "Your foals are beautiful. Congratulations." I smile, staring at her with deep blue eyes. "I'm Leyra." I had completely forgotten to introduce myself! I smile, gazing down upon the small little fillies. They were so adorable. Frost would've loved them. I stop my thoughts, remembering Frost and I didn't see each other as often anymore. She didn't even appreciate me. Her mother. Her mother, who birthed her. Her mother, who went through so much heartbreak to even conceive her. I shake my head, breaking the stream of thoughts. I look back at the palomino mare, beaming down at her.
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Love you oh so well | Birthing, Open - by Leyra - 02-06-2013, 06:22 PM