the Rift

I Love you oh so well | Birthing, Open

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

"Yes, they are," she replies, and is that a hint of pride that I hear in her voice? I grin at her, making sure to memorize their names. I am careful to give her space, though, as I am sure that she nor they need me or anyone else crowding around. Perhaps I would take my leave in order to give them some privacy, but she is alone here, and I would not have her and her twins taken or, worse, killed. I may not be much use, the rather large bulge of my stomach definitely my first priority, but perhaps any wrongdoers would consider attacking twice if they saw more than just Phae. Or maybe I was just deluding myself.

And unfamiliar scent catches my attention, and I bristle ever so slightly as the horned mare approaches. It is unlike me to exude any form of aggression, but I do not know her, nor where she is from. And I do not know what she wants. When she speaks, though, her voice is kind and gentle, and she wishes the children well. I relax, offer her a brief smile. I do not offer my name in return for hers; this is Phae's moment, Phae's time, and I would not usurp it with my tongue. Another arrives, and I catch a whiff of Phae on her - could this be another member of the Grey? She seems uncomfortable with Leyra... but then again, I could just be imagining it.

But something about the newest addition to our little group strikes me the wrong way. "We will protect them well," she says, and a pang of jealousy shoots through me, for Phaedra is my friend, and we were doing perfectly well without her. You didn't stop her from getting cursed, I remind myself, but the envy rears its ugly head again. Neither did she. I force myself to stop the negative thoughts, for this is a happy time, but deep down, I know that this mare will share something with Phae that I never will, and for a moment, it saddens me. She even speaks more eloquently than I, passing her blessing on to the foals. As if they need her blessing.

What is wrong with me? I am not usually like this. Is this something that I can blame on my own pregnancy? Are my maternal instincts working in overdrive, pushing me to protect my friend? And why in the world would I need to protect her from her own? Clearly we want the same thing - to keep Phae safe. So, little jealous demon, hush, and let us be. A deep breath later, it subsides, and I offer a smile to the fae. Her seeming apprehension in regards to Leyra has put me on edge, and I cannot help but send a curious glance in the unicorn's direction. She doesn't seem harmful to me.

"talk talk talk"

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Love you oh so well | Birthing, Open - by Sohalia - 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM