the Rift

[THROAT] Show me the way

Kovu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A crack of thunder splits the night air. My coat is soaked and my mane and tail hang down uncaring,sticking to me. Rain still beats down hard though and it doesn't look like its about to stop. Suddenly a flash of lightning strikes the path in front of me and in a split second whilst another rumble of thunder rolls sounds above I am at a quick gallop darting though the trees. My ears are pinned firmly back with my heart beating against my chest. Snorting I halt,having come quiet far from the center of the storm,it was still overhead though,just not as dense as before. Trees twist and bend,wrapping branches round each other as I trudge though shallow mud.

This land is so different to the yards of fences I am used to. It is free,with almost no boundaries for miles around,not that I can see anyway. I shiver slightly,the thoughts of race life swelling my mind. It had been bad enough being forced to race as a adult but no,my 'owners' decided to race me younger. So may whips had cut into my skin on my rump and shoulders but since then, everything had changed so fast. I had been sold to a girl and boy. The boy tormented me,the girl loved me,a storm came,I ran,Bobs your uncle and i'm here! Storms just seem to ruin everything.

Now soaked with no where to go I raise my head up and call out,just as a burst of sun light peaks. Bit late for that.

[Sorry its bad:p]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO </style>

With fire to keep us warm & tools we made from rocks and bones
[Image: 5105621d5416e]</style>

Gaucho had been running.

His dark bay sides were lathered with sweat, despite the rain falling down around him. He had just come from battling a mare called Aryel, and his body ached from the strain of fighting with her in the mud, and the numerous times his shoulders had impacted her. His big body felt stiff and tired, yet the thrill of the victory was more than enough to keep him going. At a massive 17.2hh, Gaucho covered the ground quickly and easily. His muscular and athletic body moving gracefully as he let his muscles stretch. His pitch black mane and tail clumped together, as if braided into dreadlocks; knotted from the fight, and matted by the rain. Regardless of the moisture coming from the air, or from his body, the odd tribal markings on his flanks, hip, and left eye did not diminish, even though they appeared to be war-paint. Even though Gaucho was a pegasus, with a pair of large black wings with deep red feathers, he still appeared to have some sort of horn affixed to his brow. Upon closer inspection, it becomes clear that it is in fact a pair of elk antlers, with a dream catcher woven in between. How odd. There was also a bone piercing his nose - that was odd too.

As the Tallsun-sun began to poke through the stormy clouds, Gaucho slowed realizing that he had nearly run all the way to the threshold. Spreading his wings, the brute readied himself for the flight back to the Throat, wanting to give his muscles a rest, until a piercing sound caused him to pause. Snorting, he turned his large head towards the sound, steely blue gaze narrowed. Picking up a rather elegant trot for such a primitive looking creature, Gaucho moved swiftly towards Kovu. Nearing the gray stallion, Gaucho grunted, eyeing the slender stallion suspiciously. Although he was several inches taller than the stallion, Gaucho never the less raised his wings far out to the side, increasing his perceived size. His primal mind did not like the idea of being beaconed by anyone, but perhaps this stallion wanted a place in the Throat...?

"I am Gaucho." He said flatly, his voice deep and resonant, though sounding as though speaking was not something he did often. "Who are you? Why you here?" He demanded, raising a hoof the size of a dinner plate, and slamming it into the thick mud.

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Unregistered
Golden eyes flicker up as a bay trots over with flowing movements. Wings puff out slightly at his sides despite him being taller then myself,a straight bone pokes though his nose two. ouch. as well at antlers attached to his head with a dream catcher wrapped tightly between them. I wonder where he was from? And if he was part of a herd? My mind was swamped with curious questions I wanted to ask him but I choose not to. Who are you? Why you here? A hoof slams down on the wet ground. Snorting in reaction I shake my head down,chucking it back up and turning my ears back slightly.

I was used to those with two legs slamming there own feet on the hard solid ground that clipped clopped when my hoofs landed with even the lightest of touches. The noises here though were so different and I think it was partly because the metal curved shapes that had been clamped to my hoofs had fallen of. And was I glad. It felt so unnatural thinking of having the heavy weights now that I was used to being able to lift my legs freely without the slight drag. My muzzle is raised in the air sightly in a defensive way for I was not to sure about the stallion. "I am Kovu. And I am looking for a home."My weary eye travels over the stallion.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO </style>

With fire to keep us warm & tools we made from rocks and bones
[Image: 5105621d5416e]</style>

Gaucho knew that he was an intimidating figure - although it was not with any arrogance or ego that he knew this. It was simply a fact, based on nothing more than the genetics he was blessed with. For a hanoverian, he was about as large as they came, and was made even more formidable by the recent addition of the antlers fixed on his brow. He grunted as the smaller stallion pinned his ears slightly. Good. He thought impatiently - at least this stallion was no idea. There were those who because of their own ego's, were terribly intimidated by Gaucho to the point they tried to best him with words, or would puff up their own chests at him. It was laughable, especially when he could crush them so easily.

His steely gaze washed over the stallion as his ears bobbed slightly with his words. Kovu? The formation of the word sounded harsh on his tongue, as he mentally tried to replicate the name. Gaucho was not great with words to begin with, and foreign ones caused him the most difficulty. Snorting in response, Gaucho looked off far into the distance, where the rugged formation of the cliffs of the Throat could be seen. "You come with Gaucho. To Dragon's Throat." Pausing, feeling as though the stallion might be expecting more of a sales pitch, he frowned slightly. "Throat is warm. Throat is strong. Lots of mares."

He folded his great black wings to his side as he waited to hear the stallion's response. He was not a pegasus, and thus they would have to walk together to the Throat, unless perhaps he was a fast runner...?Although Gaucho had run nearly the whole way here, there was still plenty more gas in his tank, if need be.

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Unregistered
The bay stallion had not the best of speech and spoke rather like a young foal. Not that I would comment though. Anyway,he was a decent guy, intimidating,but decent; as far as I knew him anyway. Throat is warm. Throat is strong. Lots of mares. Lots..of..wah? Mares.. I uncomfortably shift my stance,knowing that I was more into stallions then mares,not that I was totally gay...Things have become,a whole lot more awkward. To sort of,make it less awkward,I look in the direction he had been looking at and in the distance cliffs hung as if they were coated in gold. I look back to him a somewhat awkward smile on my maw. True it sounded interesting,but after his last comment I felt awkward about going there. But hey ho,I suppose it is a home.

"Sure,I will come."The awkward smile on my maw turns to awkward words as I turn my body slightly in the direction I was looking in,guessing that was the way to go but I wait for him to lead as I watch over his bay body to see strange paint markings. Sun rays round the eye and a..Human hand? Most around here won't have seen a hand of a human before but I had and I never wanted to see one again. This marking on him only made me more weary of the stallion. He was so much larger,and older,then me. My ears aren't back now though they are still turned back,the occasional quick flick forward happened,but apart from that,my stance was one showing how uncomfortable I was about his mares comment.

[Moving this to the Throat?]