the Rift

[JUDGED] See it rise [Training spar, Boom]

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[ I forgot to say you can edit your original post and re-post its revision again. :P

I can see where the critiques of your emotion come in from this post. Though I think your writing is far from dry, I get do not get the impression of what Midas feels from the majority of this post. There is a dearth of personal thought, and while you describe your movements beautifully and fluidly, that's all there really is. Environment, movement, surroundings, but what about reactions? How does all of this information relate to Midas? He reads like a passive narrator.

Here, take this as an example:
"She had other ideas, that didn’t include letting me calmly ponder about much of anything. I had just enough time to catch a quick glance of a chocolate wither and hawk like wings…just before her compact body comes flying up at my left wing head first."

You could have written the same ideas a lot closer to Midas:
"Flashes of chocolate in the sky reflect the sun as Kri rises to up toward me, sailing unrestrained toward my left wing. A moment of panic seizes my gut as I realize that she had other ideas, none of which included letting be calmly ponder this battle or much of anything."

See how that involves more feeling than just observation? Reread your post and find instances where Midas is talking about what is happening without relating them directly to how he feels; make things that come across as detached see more personal. Your writing from his perspective, in this post, as if he is watching someone else fight.

"With gaining acceleration I rise and soar above her. Wings close just a few inches, but this makes a huge difference in altitude and lowers me enough so that I'm hopefully within reach and proper position for an attack."
Don't state directly that you get above Kri. You can only try without it being powerplay. ^^

Also, I would consider that Kri is using a speed buff, so with your similar builds, it would be difficult to best her in acceleration, especially when she is already moving upward.

I would encourage you to also describe Midas being moved a bit more. Kri isn't attacking with heavy blows, but in the air Midas has nothing to resist his movement, really, except low density air. Especially when you are being off set heavily on one side, since you are taking her wing attack, that's like a lever being pushed. Midas would rotate around his center of gravity, and the kick would push him downward. Just consider the lack of friction. You may or may not want to edit it. xD S'up to you. ]

Messages In This Thread
See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 02-07-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 02-16-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Boom Boom - 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 04-20-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 06-07-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Boom Boom - 06-28-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 06-29-2013, 11:50 PM