the Rift

Becoming a desert horse (Krypt, acceptance)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
The sandy loam that made up 95% of this territory fell away, instead we walked upon compact fertile soil that supplemented our food supply during the lean months. It was always amazing to me to know that this beautiful place was mine, even after having lived here for so long. A magical natural miracle was the only way to describe how our home went from sandstone and slate rock, to dunes filled with sweet smelling prairie grass and exotic looking foliage. Tropical flora rose up from every corner, and the ground turned to moss and short grasses that grew most vibrantly from the moister that was received from the lifeblood of this desert.

Our lake was clear and cool, fed from the high mountains and ocean. By the time I had lead my new soldier to its soft muddy banks, my insides seemed desperate for nourishment. Without shame I mirrored his motions by dipping skull into the water to refresh base needs. Cool liquid gold trickles down my throat. It doesn’t just satisfy thirst and leave one begging for more, nay, it completely shoved cravings out of existence and left a creature feeling totally renewed. Krypt seemed to be enjoying himself, and while I drank proceeded to tell me all about his enjoyment. His stumbling’s do nothing to irritate or frustrate me, instead I lift head to regard him gently and with pleasant amusement.

“In that case, welcome to our ranks Krypt.”

Water still dripped down my chin when he asked what my role in this herd was, I smile and straighten to look a little more like the person my family expected, “I am titled, ‘General,’ alongside Azzuen. As a soldier you will report to myself or Azzuen if you see anything out of the ordinary during patrols.” My title wasn’t something I boasted or flaunted around when talking about common conversation with brothers and sisters. Most people knew who I was, they didn't require the heavy weight a superior name of fluff to remind them of who was who, “and we all respond to the lead Sultana’s, Kri, and Sumati.”

your dying love is a rose I have buried somewhere close to you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Becoming a desert horse (Krypt, acceptance) - by Krypt - 02-15-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Becoming a desert horse (Krypt, acceptance) - by Krypt - 02-23-2013, 09:02 AM
RE: Becoming a desert horse (Krypt, acceptance) - by Midas - 02-24-2013, 04:11 PM