the Rift

Cutting off the blood supply. [Phi + Ktu]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.
we stayed bright as lightning. we sang loud as thunder.
we moved ever forward.</style>

Quiet shadows greet me at first, but I stand my ground, waiting beside the large trunk with soft set eyes. Today was not a day for my harsh pride. Today was a day that I needed the forgiveness of others to shelter the storm which awaited us. I tried not to dwell too deeply on the passing of our General, but without his skills in battle, we were down some in the strength I revered more than any force on this earth. We were still strong. We would still prevail. However, I would rather not see his death shadowed by another loss in an invasion that I could perhaps stop. If I could eliminate the source of his strength, perhaps Tio would be unable to take up arms against my brethren. If their lives were on the line, I would place mine first, but I fear that would not be enough to hold them up forever.

With one threat always rides another. I am not worried about this as much as I am the wake it may cause. An invasion, even if we rose victorious, would weaken the strength of the herd. If I do not have to risk this, I would not.

The bright face which welcomes me out of the shroud of darkness is perhaps the key to keeping this dark fate away from my home and my family. "Ophelia," I say as she steps quietly from the trees. I bow my head in a curt nod, my dark eyes warmer than she might recall them, but there are lines of worry and tiredness clinging to the normally stoic features of my face. The small dragon flies wildly about for a moment, and I offer him a quiet smile. He lands on a branch, swinging back and forth, his eyes pointed toward me. I turn my attention back toward the mare of blood and snow, meeting two toned eyes I recognized well. It had been many months since she had left the Throat, but that was not enough to explain the obvious maturity that had blossomed on her face.

This was a bittersweet moment for me. I knew that life would have taught her lessons for her to so fast. We all know that life is not a kind teacher.

Her question seems open and honest, much like the look on her face. I know that Phaedra was a dirty mercenary, but this was Ophelia. She was the girl who had worked underneath me as the Sleuth and did so loyally. I believed that her ears sought not intelligence from me, but the truth. The truth was the only answer I could give, anyway, though I found myself reluctant to share with a potential spy. My heart beats in my throat for a moment, and I remember why I am here. It is not to protect my home from this girl. It is to protect my home from those who would use this girl against me. "There have been many shadows cast upon the Throat as of late," I say, my voice strong and open, as always, but softened with something unusual: a plea. "There has been a stallion by the name of Tio, colored with a golden pelt sullied by white stripes and a black mane, who seeks to wage war upon my family. He is after the land, and according to your Phaedra, already knows well enough the services you provide."

"He has no army, but I am not stupid. He will seek your aid."

I take a pause, looking at her with eyes that were worn from the events of a long month. "I believe even in the wake of the passing of our beloved General, the Throat will persevere against a threat like this. However, it will be at a greater cost. I would rather avoid the issue entirely." I am humble, in this moment, looking toward the pale girl as though she were my only hope and savior. Maybe this was true. In leaving the Throat, Ophelia might actually be able to help me protect it. "I know you no longer need to have loyalty to me or my kin, but I am willing to trade anything I have to keep my family safe. If you have need of my strength, my possessions, my resources - anything. You may request it, so long as you do not aid Tio in his quest to conquer the Dragon's Throat."
""
KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by ANGEL!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cutting off the blood supply. [Phi + Ktu] - by Kri - 02-11-2013, 01:08 AM