the Rift

The Saddest Landscape. [Note]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
[ Mmkay. So, here's how this will go. I'm going to write a critique of your post, and then you're going to be allowed to change/edit/fix whatever I point out, or just redo the entire thing. It's up to you, whatever you want to do to respond to my feedback. ^^

I'm just going to move down from where the action starts and do prose after, much like the rubric.

When you take Kri's ram, you do not mention injury aside from "jolting" of it. I want to know -what- happened. Is there a bruise? What about pain? Injury is a large portion of the rubric instead, so it might be a good idea to think of attacks as a checklist.
- Hit or dodge?
- If dodge, does some of the attack hit and how?
- Pain?
- Extent of the injury.

The next problem with this battle that I had was how you handled the bite. It was intended to be a simultaneous action, yet you allow time to separate it from the charge. These are not separate time frames. Kri is still moving forward, so her bite wouldn't be near his head and neck if it was after her charge. A pivot would be a good defense for a bite, except that Kri is ramming into him, so I would.... I would suggest a simple uptoss of his head or something, keeping his feet firmly planted to avoid being knocked over. Also, there is injury here, which is good, but no mention of any pain again! Even if it doesn't hurt, you have to justify it.

"As soon as Note's hooves hit the ground from the rear they had previously been in, it gave him momentum to lift his hindquarters swiftly from the ground in order to give Kri a light buck as she passed him" YAY this is a great transition attack from a rear. Though I said the rear doesn't fit what I would do in this case, I think this was a brilliant idea on your part afterward.

Prose wise, this post was a little disjointed in me. Work on your transition of thoughts. One second you finish a rear, the next you are talking about not getting sleep. Where is this coming from? Try to create and keep a stable image in your mind, or make transitions to smooth out your posts.
There was also a void of emotion here. It was dry, not personal, and could really have been written from anyone's perspective. What sets this post apart from your other characters? Besides using a nice table, what makes this Note? I would suggest interjecting some personal feelings throughout, as you don't want to clump it all at once. Mention fear, panic, excitement, pride, whatever Note is feeling. If he is shutting down his emotions or tuning them out, mention that too. Mention his grappling with attention, thoughts anything that is relevant. The more you can suck from your characters mind and put in this post, the better it could be.

Points you missed:
- Creativity points
- Breed differences or surroundings
- Emotion

You don't have to incorporate these in every post, but they can earn you points and separate your character from your opponent! Don't underestimate them. :D

Post your revision after this and I will respond soon~

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that you should include wordcounts, since there is a restriction on them.
http://wordcounttool.net/ ]

Messages In This Thread
The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Kri - 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Note - 02-10-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Note - 02-14-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Kri - 02-13-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Kri - 02-14-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Note - 02-16-2013, 03:24 AM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Note - 03-05-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Kri - 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Boom Boom - 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Official - 09-06-2013, 11:21 AM