the Rift

To Build an Army... [Open]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Crystalline flints delicately pranced upon the rocky terrains of which I had been travelling for days. My ebony pelt was lathering in a small layer of sweat and grime. How long had I been travelling? That answer had yet to be announced to me, not like it really mattered anyways. If I were to want to clean off my bodice I could just take a dip in a stream or something of like. My orbs trailed across the land, taking in the sharp edges of the rock and allowing the feeling of calm to spread through my veins. It was obvious that Liebling was in my head for I didn't have to hear the constant chatter of my father telling me that I needed to be off practicing to fight, or my mother chastising me for the inability to feel. But it's not my fault! I was never allowed to feel. Nor was she actually there to ensure that I did. A gentle puff of air escaped my flared as I kicked up my heels and shot into a full out gallop, relishing the feeling of the wind as it blew through my silken locks and allowed them to tickle the rippling muscles that lay encased in luscious fur. It was only inevitable that my citron orbs gained a glimmer of what others would consider happiness in them. But I couldn't say I really felt happy. For I never changed moods. I simply watched everyone from afar and studied their movements. It was how I was becoming such a wonderful fighter. I was trained to look at everything and to react to what was needed to be as it was needed to be reacted to.

It was with that thought that I came to a sliding stop, dirt flying up in clumps around my face as my orbs narrowed. Such a shrill noise. So much distaste from that noise. How could one make that noise and expect people to come peacefully. With a snort of annoyance I picked my flints back up and raised my crown with it's sharpened crystalline figurine high as I headed toward this noise to find the perpetrator speaking to a crowd. A crowd of horses in which some seemed nowhere near a state of ease. A tinkling laugh escaping my mouth as I planted myself near the front of the pack, careful not to prod anyone with the horn so as to start a riot and cause others to be trampled. How horrible. I wouldn't have cared, really, but I didn't want to be caught in it. It was apparent that I'd missed most of the conversation by this point, so I forced myself to tune into the conversation, ears pricked forward as I started to take in some of the words that floated from the golden horse's darkened maw. "We will rise together, fight together-" that was all I needed to hear. Fight. Yes. That sounded lovely. It'll be good for your training, Seele. Help you kill even easier than before, the bass voice of my father shoved it's way into my brain, obviously ridding the peaceful times with Liebling I'd been having earlier. "Those loyal will be rewarded graciously-" I was loyal to a point, was I not? Hell. If it meant I could kill someone I would do whatever I was told. For, the killing was the fun - was it not?

Apparently the stag had said something about proving why he was feared, for as the dark chuckle left his maw I simply cocked my head in amusement, feeling his gold and white frame sliding past me as he headed through the crowd much like a snake slithering across the sand until he reached his destination. Hooves struck out like a viper, smashing into the boulder with a sickening crack and then, the sounds continued as the rock began to create a spiderweb pattern of cracks until the whole boulder shattered. His gaze falling upon the shambles of the rock before looking back toward all those who had gathered. He shouted a call - specifically a call to arms - before rearing onto his hind legs and letting out another shrill call. I must say, brute, that the pitch of that severely bothers my ears. But I chose not to say anything at the moment. Mainly because I was also concentrating on the sound of my disapproving mother's voice. You can't fight! They'll get you killed! Even if you don't get killed you'd be killing people's family! the alto tones of my mother's words filled my cranium as I simply shook my head with a smirk upon my face. Now, darling Innerste, I am only doing what others do. I'm killing those who are idiots and causing pain. At least that's what this stag claims is happening. And you have no problem with saving others. My champagne orbs flickered up toward the acidic ones of the stag before tilting my cranium in approval. Butter up the boy. Make it so you have a good place for these battles. Action is but the sustenance of our life, is it not? Schwere boomed in my skull and my eyes flickered in amusement. I did catch a good glimpse of his wink as the brute landed on all fours, beginning to paw at the dead leaves near his feet.

Before I could speak, though, one heavy draft spoke up. His dark tenors were quiet but I could just make out his words. Something about not having heard complaints from the South. For what did that matter? I hadn't heard any complaints either. So it didn't make much difference to me. I was simply interested because this meant I could fight. And if this meant I could fight then I would join anyways. I flickered my eyes around, taking in some of the forms that seemed to disappear from this terrain as if this wasn't a good opportunity. But, that idea simply allowed a few soprano chords to trickle from my vocal chords in a medley of laughter. An almost innocent laughter if I do say so myself. "Darling sir," my voice started to ring out, "I believe you don't understand that just because one does not hear complaints does not mean that they don't exist," I addressed the large brute who had turned to leave, probably just at the edge of his earshot. Then, I allowed my crown to tip toward the one who had called all to action. "You do, sir, have someone who is willing to fight," gently I raised my head back up so my orbs could meet the stag's as I gave my introduction, "I am Seele," My tone trickling with the hint of amusement as a smirk rested upon my face. My tiny frame standing tall so as to be spotted easier in the crowd before ever so gently flicking my forelock from eyes and watching to see his reaction, or the reaction of the others who were around. How would they react to a mare being willing to fight? Probably not well. But should that be the case, I could easily whip them in a spar. Well, perhaps not him - I hadn't been watching him long enough. But the rest of those who had been here all looked more on the edge of uncertain. Afraid as though they might make a wrong step in the battle. I was far from that. And I'm proud that my daughter has the confidence to kill anyone who doubts her abilities, Schwere laughed in my head only increasing the playful smirk that had dawned upon my face.
SEELE
Credits

Messages In This Thread
To Build an Army... [Open] - by Catillatio - 02-09-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Argetlam - 02-09-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Destrier - 02-11-2013, 03:17 AM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Seele - 02-11-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Mirage - 02-11-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Catillatio - 02-12-2013, 12:51 AM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Catillatio - 03-03-2013, 02:45 AM