the Rift

To Build an Army... [Open]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

As was expected, his speech had a mixed reception. Many of the horses what gathered came only to listen to his speech and then leave. Some of them seemed to like the idea of war, while others gave voice to their complaints. Tio nodded along to what the stallion said, however, before he could respond, another spoke up for him. He snapped his head in the direction of the speaker to see a dainty, horned mare make her way towards him. She looked like she was expecting him to be disappointed, however, Tio was not in the least. Her power would be welcome, even if she was not as strong as a stallion, Tio knew better than to overlook the raw ferocity that could overtake a mare's mind and turn her into a formidable enemy on the battlefield... and that horn would serve as her weapon of choice.

He smiled warmly at her once and then turned his attention back towards the stallion that had spoken. "We don't hear the sun move, and yet, night exists. We don't hear the seasons change, yet they do. Just because something is not heard, seen, or scented, does not mean it does not exist. As you know full well, the horses here are more than welcome to leave without saying their reasons for not joining. It is just as easy for a horse who has been wronged to bite back his or her tongue in the face of injustice."

"Social injustices happen every day. We can't stop them from happening, nor do we have to see or feel them personally to know they do happen. Laws are enforced or corrupted all the time. Loopholes are found and exploited. The only true evil exists in those that see bad things happening and do nothing. You are free to walk away if you want, but I will not back down."

"War is not a pretty thing, it's not brave, it's not honorable, and it most assuredly is not heroic. Horses will die, blood will be spilled, and there's nothing I, or anyone else gathered here can do about that. War is merely fighting for what your heart tells you is right, and my heart is telling me that the Dragons Throat is in need of a new Sultan, and I am more than willing to take such a responsibility on my own shoulders. I am asking those who feel the same as me to help in overthrowing Kri and her loyalists. By no means to I intend on kicking out the entire herd. Those that surrender and accept me as the new Sultan are more than welcome to stay. It is Kri and her loyal usurpers who need to be dealt with."

He snorted as he watched the stallion and a few others alongside him leave. In truth, the dun was a little disappointed to see them leave, for their strength would be sorely missed in the coming battles. He did not dwell on it too much, though, instead shaking his mane and looking at her with an appreciative eye. His white streak pieced apart to highlight the dark-brown tones. "Do not be afraid... You are welcome at my side, Seele."

Still wide open xD

Messages In This Thread
To Build an Army... [Open] - by Catillatio - 02-09-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Argetlam - 02-09-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Destrier - 02-11-2013, 03:17 AM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Seele - 02-11-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Mirage - 02-11-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Catillatio - 02-12-2013, 12:51 AM
RE: To Build an Army... [Open] - by Catillatio - 03-03-2013, 02:45 AM