the Rift

I Need Your Guidance (Onni)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
[Image: 50c363de13e47]

Valentine

The light grey stag wondered in the rich desert known as the Dragon’s Throat. His pain had subsided into a mere itch, but it had started to flair up again. It had been several weeks since his talk with Kri, and he knew he now needed to find the healer Onni, daughter of the Resolute. He wondered around the Throat, feeling the ache in his bones and chest, knowing it was getting worse. He started to walk with a shaky gait, and he knew it was far worse now. How long had he let this go on, and was it too late to fix it? He hoped it hadn’t gotten too out of hand, or he was doomed. He needed to see her before the herd prepared anymore for the coming war, or before it started. They would be busy enough, and it was threatening to him as it was. He wasn’t a good fighter, and didn’t know what he could accomplish by helping in the invasion. What could an immature pupil do? There was a tree that he had never seen before, and it stopped him dead. It was an interesting tree. It was an older one, crossed into the air by twisting branches that were bare. There was something dark on the tree, and it looked like blood. He moved up to the tree, seeing it was a symbol of the power of this land. He sniffed the blood, and got some on his nose. Instead of trying to wipe it off, he lick it off. He never knew blood could taste so sweet.

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Follow the trail of blood…
You'll find me at the end.

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni</style>
      if i fall, will you catch me?</style>

"Lyhty," she says, her voice soft and airy like a summer breeze, though there was a tone of disapproval riding over it as she chides the small songbird. "Not that one." The healer says, looking at her bird with soft, forgiving eyes despite the small hint of a reprimand she had just issued. Lifting up a small bramble with her mouth Onni motions for the bird to get a close look. She drops it on the ground and watches the small bird examine it, a smile on her face. "Can you find me another one of these, fresh from the plant?" A small chirp rings through the air, and delicate little feathers zoom off into the desert sky, the shaman watching with a smile as he leaves. She stands, watching in the same direction, until movement catches her eyes.

Turning to face the east, Onni looks straight onward at the stallion who walks with staggering steps through the desert. She trots forth, following the figure with a concerned look of a healer, trying to catch the stallion before he escapes from her line of sight. Of course, even in this modest pace, it does not take her long to nearly overtake the sickly male. Her pace slows to a steady walk, coming to fall in beside the stallion as he observes the Dragon's Blood tree with his... tongue? Gawking, Onni tilts her head sideways and watches as the grey takes one large lick of the sap. The mare was slightly perturbed, knowing that the Great Tree was one of the markers of the land, but said nothing of it. Instead, she cleared her throat to garner the male's attention.

"Hello," she says with a light voice and smile. "My name is Onni." She pauses, brows knitting downward in concern. "I could not help but notice that you seem... pained. Might I examine you, sir?" Bright eyed and honest, the shaman of the Dragon's Throat presents herself with an open heart and kind soul.
""

image by redbeansandrice @ flickr.com</style>

Hidden Account
teeroo

VALENTINE </style>
</style>

Stab my heart like a stick in the mud
Cut my chest just to see the blood

"Speech."

With a lick of the strange red liquid oozing from the tree, I realize its just sap. I laugh, and my attention is gathered. A female is behind me, one that is covered in brown and white splotches. She has a bird with her, fly with flowers and plants in its small mouth. She asks in a caring way if she can examine me. If I wouldn’t have talked to Kri, I would have been very questioning, but I know Onni is the Shaman of the Dragon’s Throat.

"Oh good, I’ve finally found you Onni. It’s good that I found you. Yes please do, I’ve been sick for quite a while. I’m not quite sure what’s wrong, but I’ve had trouble walking around. There is this pain in my chest that I can’t get rid of, and I’m not able to walk a lot, though the heat has helped me a lot. My eating habits are still very abnormal, and for the longest time I didn’t eat, and now I have to force myself to nibble at the grass. I’m newer to this herd, and I spoke with your mother a few weeks ago about finding you. My name is Valentine, it’s nice to meet you.”

I figured it was best to just tell her everything so she could get to examine me right away. Kri was correct; she was very nice, and I could tell. She seemed to be very concerned about me, right off the way, and I felt confident in her taking care of me.

OCC: So short and bad and overdue o.o

Stop the presses cause I'm killing time
Won't you be my bloody valentine?

template by revo. <3
manip by twiwolf.deviantart.com
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Hidden Account

onni</style>

Lyhty drops the herbs between Onni's chocolate hue wings, but the shaman's attention is not on her bonded even as he comes to rest upon her shoulder, chirping quietly up at her face, which exudes a gentle smile toward this stranger. The small bird would perhaps be jealous, except he knows all too well that the healer is kind to everyone she meets. Instead, he just sits quietly, waiting for her conversation to end, at which point she can pay attention to him again. Onni looks with bright eyes toward the stranger, though they are compassionate. The songbird suspects this grey is ill, with whatever causes him to move so uncomfortably.

The shaman's ears tilt forward expectantly as the stallion speaks. Her face becomes grim, serious, and dark for the pale white sheet which normally covers her soft, warm features. Lyhty is somewhat perturbed. What sort of illness can this bloak possibly have to make her face contort like that?

Her brow knits down in worry and the healer tilts her face gently toward the side to gaze upon his figure as he speaks, ears still flicked in his direction to assure him that she is still listening. Elegant pale legs take gentle steps forward, moving toward the grey as he spills out more information. "Valentine," she repeats with a smile at the end of his statement. "Do you mind if I touch you?" She asks quite seriously, looking with light eyes toward him for a brief moment before nudging his soft belly with her muzzle, just past his ribcage and moving slowly up toward his hip. Her head cocks to the side as she pulls it away. Lyhty chirps from her shoulder inquisitively and she looks at the bird. "Well, I don't know," she says to him, almost absent mindedly. "He seems very distended."

Distended? the bird looks confused, but he shrugs it off. Whatever Onni said must be true.

The healer hums to herself, looking back toward the stallion with honest eyes. "I've really only healed battle wounds before, except for a minor case of dehydration," she says. Not the best way to inspire confidence. "I can try to fix whatever is wrong, but there are no promises I can make. However, even if it is only a temporary fix, I can accompany you to the Gods; if I cannot heal you, they may be able to." She gives him a cheerful smile, uncertain of her true abilities. Still, there was a need to make him feel comfortable and supported. Even if she could not entirely fix the problem, she might give him temporary relief long enough to visit the Veins, or was that even too much to hope?

Without any more time wasted, the mare closes her eyes. The sun above grows more intense, and a ray of light begins to beam down upon her, enveloping her patched body in the glow of sunlight. It is when she opens her sky eyes to view Valentine that the magic reaches out toward him as well, covering his body in sunfire. The strange white flames do not burn, but are warm, very warm, perhaps drawing forth perspiration from the stallion as he stands. The shaman closes her eyes again, fixating the energy toward the viscera of his abdomen, the flames swirling about in a rapid dance. When the light begins to fade, Onni opens her eyes, light of head but with a smile on her face.

"How do you feel?"

[ Powerplay permitted by teeroo~ Also, it's up to you how well Valentine was healed. I just wanted Onni to be angsty and uncertain, since she's never healed something like this before. ]
""

Hidden Account
teeroo

VALENTINE </style>
</style>

Stab my heart like a stick in the mud
Cut my chest just to see the blood

"Speech."

The healer moves with grace, and I feel her gaze upon me. I bird lands next to her. It must be her companion, and I’m aware of it’s gaze upon me as well, almost with the same look. She looks at me with worried and dark eyes as I tell her of my illness, and I feel her grow nervous. This in turn doesn’t make me feel the best, but I wait until she speaks to hear if the news is good or not. She tells me it is possible she can heal me, but is has something she has never done before. I nod my head, not wasting words as she gets to work.

I feel her touch my top underbelly, feel her muzzle moving from where my ribs are, past my stomach and intestines, down to my hip area. It hurts when she is near the front of my body, and I try my best not to make a pain filled face, but I fear that I do. She looks confused, and I can sense her bird companion is talking to her, and they are trying to figure out what is wrong. I simply watch as they try to figure is out. I feel slightly worried, but I know I am in good hands. Even if she can’t heal me, the gods may be able too, and that I am thankful for at least. However, I feel like I trust her more than I would them. I put all my faith into her, and I feel my faith will be rewarded on this day.

I watch as she closes her eyes, focusing on something. The sun hails from above, and I realize this is her healing magic. Using the sun’s rays, she uses heat from the ball of fire above to sweep around me. Light envelops me, and I close my eyes, because the light dancing around me is too much. I feel the sun wrap itself around me, almost like it’s right there next to me, and I’m in a trance. I feel peace move through me, and the heat kisses my cheeks as it sweeps past my quiet face. I feel it move inside my chest, past and through my heart, enveloping me to my core, but I am not afraid. Heat moves in and out of my body, healing my chest and my starving swelled stomach. When the light fade I am still in a sweat filled trance.

I hear Onni’s voice and come out of the trance, gasping for air. I breath fully, like I should, my chest bouncing lightly as I take large gasps of oxygen into my weak lungs. I no longer feel pain, and a smile grows on my face as I look at the healer’s own weak smile.

“I feel…better. I think I’m cured.”

I begin to walk, and I notice that there is no pain, just the feeling of my own muscles moving of their own free will. I smile bigger, letting myself go around in a canter, then a trot. I can move again, breathe again, and probably even eat normally again. I run in a circle and stop next to the painted healer, smiling and nodding at her.

“Yes, I am cured. I feel no pain, and I’m starving, which is good, considering I haven’t eaten much in these few months. Thank you Shaman Onni, I am forever grateful to you.” I bow to her, and for the first time I felt no pain, and I can bow correctly. I arise and look into her eyes.

“Can I ask you a question my Shaman?”

Stop the presses cause I'm killing time
Won't you be my bloody valentine?

template by revo. <3
manip by twiwolf.deviantart.com

Hidden Account

onni</style>

The smile lingers on her lips as she looks at the grey, pale blue eyes watching expectantly as he takes a breath. His face goes from rather downcast toward the sunny end of a smile, and, in turn, Onni's own lips curve upwards more, celebrating with the stallion in his joy.

Greater than anything that she had ever felt, the joys of healing another warmed the heart of the shaman. The light of the sun which reigned above stole away into the caverns of her chest, illuminating every nook and cranny. It was endearing, worthwhile to feel the tug of effort on her body just to see the smile that creeps up on the faces of her patients and their loved ones. She is reminded of the look of relief which permeated every fiber of Midas as she healed Cera, looking toward Valentine who moves his body, free of the weight of ailment. Surely, this sort of joy which restores life to the limbs and bodies that betrayed them could not come from an evil source.

The God of Light and Fire may act nonchalant, but the shaman was well aware of his kind and giving spirit. He could hide this kindness from others, but she was not entirely aware of why the deity chose to do such. Perhaps, if she were to live as long as the golden brute, Onni would come to understand the walls around his heart. For now, despite all of her ordeals, she remained untainted by the defenses surrounding so many. An open heart, however, tends to sustain far more wounds. Let us hope, for the sake of the innocent healer, that she can maintain.

"It is my pleasure," Onni says, her voice light and airy. Her body felt tired, light. If a strong breeze came by, perhaps she would float away within it. "I hope you are well for the rest of your days." The little bird on her shoulder chirps, dark crimson eyes filled with worry at the sight of the tired shaman's face. The painted mare smiles, her happiness outweighing the strain upon her body. Even just standing as a conduit for the magic was tiring, but she could hardly be more tired than Valentine had been for years. Whatever the cost of her own strength, it was worth it to see him well.

"Ah, yes," she says, about to turn away until his question draws her attention back. "What is it?"
""