the Rift

Her haunting stare [open]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

The way her feet picked her path was filled with caution and nervousness. This strange new land was nothing like she was used too, however she had a tiny feeling that one day she may grow to like it here. The tree's were thick, her body moved through them, brushing against the rough bark of each tree. Her antlers matched the colour of a few of these magnificently tall trees. Every now and then, she would pause and turn her golden eyes up to the very height of the trees and stare in awe. Only she started for a mere few seconds before continuing on the unknown path. As far as she could tell there where no other animals near her. She could feel her golden white hair dragging along the ground, the feeling of gradual weight gain, was letting Arah know that she needed to clean her hair...again. She paused and tried to listen for a stream or lake somewhere near by. Nothing, she sighed and cast her eyes downwards towards her hoofs. Where was she? Where would she end up? Who would be there? So many questions and no answers, she was a sitting duck. Her necklace bobbed around her neck, pressing it's cold ruby pendant against her heart. She wondered then if anyone would ever come along and help her out of this forest.

Birds began to sing a soft lullaby to her. She slowly closed her eyes and pricked up her ears to listen to their song. It calmed her to know she wasn't the only soul in the seemly never ending forest. Even all the smells in the forest where new to her nose, clean, fresh and crisp. Everything seemed to smell absolutely delightful. A smile crept onto her lips and once again she was walking, only this time she did it with her head held higher and confidence worn on her shoulders. Ahead she saw a low hanging hedge which no doubt her antlers would get stuck on, as she approached it she looked for a way around the hedge. No other way became apparent and so she ducked her head and began to slowly and carefully pick her way through the undergrowth.

When she appeared on the other side she sighed with relief, every part of her was still intact. She now felt quite good about this little adventure and ventured forwards still hoping to come across another soul. She smiled at a bird singing on a long hanging brach. She watched the bird for it's entire song, being respectful not to spook the gorgeous thing. When the song finished the woods fell silent and Arah began to feel alone again.
'Hello?' She called out hoping for a reply.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Yay! First post up.
Words; 458
Tag; Open

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Argetlam Posts: 51
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 7
Adoptable

"Hello, friend," Another soul walks along the glades of the Threshold, the entrance to Helovia, the beginning of many new and wonderful journeys. Unlike the mare, so petite and slender and fine, he is broad and tall and rough-hewn like a chunk of stone, and covered in fine dust and dirt. At a glance, the tall stallion would not look like much of a settler, and more of a traveler, but he was a stallion with a home. He was simply searching for more of his family, the ones he was certain could be found within the entrance to this new pretty land. Certainly there would be another kindred soul looking for a good land with sweet grass and shelter. Argetlam could offer that.

Argetlam could offer the Foothills in all it's glory. The rolling hills, like the curves of an old sway-backed mare's back; the mountain peaks tall and crisp against the sweet sapphire of the skies yonder. That was how he came across the mare, all long-legged, wide-eyed, lush-figured beauty, and the stallion found himself shy as ever. And she had a pendant.

His eyes grew round and wide with shock and immediate like. Anyone who knows of such finery must certainly be a civilized persona. He had not met anyone with a jewel around their neck. "You have a necklace, I see. I am a crafter; I am fond of such things." The stallion speaks cheerfully, with a wry smile to his face, and he finds his deep voice a little less slow, with a little less stutter. Jewelry! Is it strange how much it eases him? "I am Argetlam." His voice softens suddenly and he looks at his hairy forefeet, the sunlight sparkling in his straw-like mane and glittering and flashing in the silver barette of his tail.

[Currently not wearing perch or saddle-bags!]

Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

"Hello, friend" another voice called out in response to her, spinning on the spot she turned and faced the huge stallion before her. Her eyes widened in shock of being crept up on. It brought her a little comfort that this stallion didn't seem to want to bring her harm. She edged a little closer are studied him, his body in all it's width and height. He was quite the impressive sight, he was also clearly a normal equine. A slight twinge of interest surged through her. She had never met just equine before, someone who posed such normality. She looked away now coming to the realisation that she had been staring at him for far too long without actually saying anything. He must be feeling rather uncomfortable. It was when she opened her mouth slightly now that she realised that the original problem still remained. She was still a little too stunned to speak. 'oh...uh...' She stumbled over her own tongue.

She would have to get over the shock! She was lost, helpless and probably looked quite pathetic to the stallion. Just a simple 'hi' or 'hello' was all that was needed to assure the stallion that she was not a snob and ignoring him. She mentally shook herself and offered the stallion a timid smile. Then tired to get her words out again, 'hi there'. It was soft, as quiet as the whisper of a breeze but it was a start. She now locked the stallion's kind amber eyes, with her light golden ones.

His eyes grew round and wide with shock, probably stunned that she was able to use her brain. Heat flooded to her cheeks and she looked away again. Nice one dummy, she thought to herself. She could hear her heart thudding but brought her eyes back up to the stallions. When he spoke it was a blessed relief. "You have a necklace, I see. I am a crafter; I am fond of such things." The stallion speaks cheerfully, with a wry smile to his face. She looked down to her slightly swinging pendant and grinned at it. Oh thank goodness! Something they could talk about before she begged of him help. "I am Argetlam." Moving a little closer she nodded and then looked back at the stallion.

'I'm Arah', she felt better now that her voice was stronger. 'I do like your silver barrette, did you make it yourself?' She inquired looking at the carefully crafted jewellery. Her eyes turned downcast to her own pendant. 'Mine was a gift, I wear it all the time as a reminder.' She left it at that not going on and on and her past seemed like a good idea. She looked around the forest, the tall trees swimming with life. At least she didn't feel as lonely any more, but she still didn't know where she was. She looked back to the stallion and addressed him; 'Argetlam, where are we?'

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Thanks for replying! :D
Words; 498
Tag; Argetlam, Open.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
My small cloven hooves strike the earth in an even beat as I trot along the Threshold. Why I was here I didn't know. My emerald orbs graze over the surrounding trees and brush. Instantly I spot something. A white unicorn and an.... equine. I snort in disgust, flicking my tail and ignoring him. The white unicorn was absolutely lovely. She held a rack of antlers atop her elegant head, and her body was cloaked in white. Her hair was long, reaching the very ground. My small black lips curl into a smile as I stare at her, slowly opening my maw to speak. "Hello, ma'am. I'm Frost Fyre. May I ask what your name is?" I don't even speak to the dappled equine. All I give him is a simple nod, only a few words slip from my delicate lips. "Hello, sir."

I turn my attention back to the mare, keeping my black lips in a sweet smile. She could be useful in the Basin. I keep my emerald gems focused on her as my cloven hooves dig into the ground slightly. My tail lashes behind me, brushing black hairs against my thighs. My nostrils flare as I wait for the mare to speak.

Speaking of mares.... mother. Why is she always in my thoughts? I snort, irritated by this. She seemed to always creep into my thoughts, no matter what I'm thinking. One moment I'll be thinking about the cold weather and next thing I know thoughts of mother slip right into my mind. I toss my head a little, returning my focus on the white lady before me. The dappled equine with the strange mane piece, well.... I couldn't care less about him.

By now racism had almost fully consumed me, tore my sweet ways apart until I was only kind to horned horses. And I was. Hornless horses, well... I didn't care one bit for them.

I reel myself out of my thoughts, gazing at the mare. Only now do I see the necklace hanging from the white mare's neck. It's a beautiful necklace if I do say so myself. I glance down at my own necklace. But this was an amulet, not a regular necklace. I flick my ears forward, waiting for the mare to answer my question.

[[Bad post. ._.]]

Argetlam Posts: 51
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 7
Adoptable

For a long, lingering moment all was silent, and she seemed caught in a nest of her own thoughts. Her mane was long, incredibly long, and it trailed along the soft green grass, thick tendrils of creamy hairs swirling in the dirt and grass altogether. Then she smiled, a tentative smile, but a grin nonetheless, that made her feel altogether more warm. Argetlam returned it in kind to the antlered mare.

The lovely mare offered her title as Arah. Names say a lot about a character, just like the way they move; a name can be fitting as a metal band or doesn't quite ride right. Arah is a light, airy name, free of any restraining things, an innocent name. His own name is Argetlam, 'Silver Hand', a most suitable name considering his excellent ability to shift and craft metal, manipulate it into fitting forms. In fact, the stallion does so now, feeling the soft heartbeat of magnesium in the ground, and so he extends his thought, pulling it out carefully, and continuing to do so. Around his hooves the metal erupts, coming up to eye level, turning and twisting as he molds it into a feather, a shiny gray feathers with details almost intricate; then it slips and fastens to her horn, and he proffers a tentative smile again.

"Crafting is a lovely thing to be able to do." He pronouces, but with a tone of a gentleman, and the stallion finds himself surprisingly happy to be in her company- a voice interrupts his opening mouth. The stallion turns his head, and finds his soft amber eyes settling on a filly, a young thing who cannot be much older than just weaned. "Hello, little girl," Argetlam says softly, his stutter and quavering voice eased by the presence of the mare named Arah. She, in turn, gives him nothing more than an aloof greeting, and abruptly turns attention to the pale mare.

Perhaps if he was a more spiritually powerful individual, he would have continued on to say something hard and return the filly's rudeness. But he was nothing but a kind, sweet soul. "We are in Helovia, Arah. You are welcome to choose any place, but I am a horse of the Windtossed Foothills, a herd near the mountains. It is a wonderful place. There are three other herds; one to the west, near the coast, another to the south, in a desert warm, and one to the north, a place only accepting of unicorns."

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: arttablekrazieart.png]

d'Artagnan

The Nightshade stalks into the Threshold, muttering something incoherent about Tallsun and it's infernal heat whilst following the filly Frost Fyre, wondering what had caught the child's attention. Feeling a slight responsibility towards the child since she was the daughter of one of his best friends. It had been a few days after his visit to the veins, the new power that surged within was itching for a test run, it made him feel powerful. More powerful than he had ever felt before, not that his ego needed any more boosting. A flurry of paws sounded the arrival of Aramis, who marched to the side of his partner in crime, chest puffed out. Still only a pup, but he'd picked up the hunting skill quite adeptly and now d'Artagnan worried less about his health.

The pair rounded a few more trees, blue amulet bouncing against his neck, before they came across the small gathering. The first he noticed was an alabaster mare with antlers like Korra has (and he too once), a youthful appearance and a soft voice that gained in strength as she spoke. The other was a bare head who looked to have eaten more than his fair share of grass, a foothills stallion according to his sickly speech. d'Artagnan gave him a morbidly curious gaze, it had been a while since he'd come across a horse from that herd. In fact, the Foothills had been quiet for all the time he had been in Helovia, only offering a handful of warriors for the invasion that took their home away from them. He always wondered if it was a bad thing that they never heard from the Foothills, but d'Artagnan had eventually come to the decision that the land was fruitless and it's residents inadequate to compete alongside the other herds.

What a laughable excuse for a home. He couldn't have him dragging this poor unicorn into the depths of that lifeless hole.

He walked confidently into the group, Aramis marching alongside. "Helovia indeed. I wouldn't advise following fat boy over there, those who enter the Foothills never seem to come out." d'Artagnan offered her one of his rare half hearted smile, smiling at his own little joke whilst concentrating on the bare head near him, wondering what kind of game he would play. Or would he simple back off. The shade highly recommended the latter.

[Image: arttablekrazie.png]
painting by krazie

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Arah

"Crafting is a lovely thing to be able to do." Argetlam speaks to her, before she has a chance to reply they hear footsteps and Arah turns her attention to their general direction. Now a filly has come along to their little meeting. She gave the young foal a warm smile wondering if this filly was as lost as she was. Her golden eyes studied the filly. She had a beautiful brown coat that in some ways she still had to grow into, she would be stunning when she reached her adult hood. Enchanting even. Sweet words passed through the filly's mouth. "Hello, ma'am. I'm Frost Fyre. May I ask what your name is?" Arah tilted her head ever so slightly to the side wondering why she was ignoring her other companion. 'Perhaps a little shy around males.' Young fillies did tend to distrust stallions. Right as she open her mouth to reply, she addressed Argetlam. A a simple nod, with only a few delicate words from her pretty lips. "Hello, sir." She was being, it seemed, intentionally rude to Argetlam. Arah still treated the filly with kindness however. 'Hello Frost Fyre, my name is Arah.' She offered the filly a soft nod in greeting and continued to speak with her kind tone, 'how can I help you?'
Before she has a chance to respond, her companion answered her previous question about where they where.

Well, that was all of her questions answered at least. It became wildly clear that she was going to have to choose a herd. She could tell already why the filly was a little rude. She was from the place where they only accepted unicorns. She believed herself to be above him. Arah however didn't, but she had only ever grown up with unicorns. Should she wonder off with her own kind or take a chance?

The next one that appeared walked confidently into the group. "Helovia indeed. I wouldn't advise following fat boy over there, those who enter the Foothills never seem to come out." His coat was the colour of blood and was rather intimidating. Were all the unicorns from this place rude with suffocatingly large egos? The stallion offered her a half hearted smile, then turned his attention back to her companion. 'What is your name stallion?' She asked her tone still steady. She frowned deep in thought hoping none of this would eventuate into a fight. 'So,' she paused getting her thoughts into gear, 'it appears I have too choose a herd.' She was saying it more to herself than anything.

Notes; Had to rush a little on this one. Some parts may be a bit rough.
Words; 436
Tag; Argetlam, d'Artagnan Frost Fyre and Open.