the Rift

Whatever My Future Holds || Open

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
this romance is full of chemicals
touch it and you will get burned

The sun was high in the sky. Actually, it had already far passed its peak. Dusk would soon be setting in and the forest she was currently located in would be growing dark quicker. That could be a good or bad thing. However, she didn't supposed it would be all that bad for she had large wings. She might could fly her own way out of here. But to where for the night? She would be better off sleeping in the forest lest she be presented with other options.

Chemical tossed her head as she began to slowly begin walking through the path.The mare's well toned body stretched and her muscles flexed as she weaved her way around and through various rocks and fallen logs in the path. The trail her mind was forming as she went was beginning to get thicker to the point she came to a large brush pile. She turned and took a detour around the brush pile. Her crimson eyes scanned the horizon for any threat, any being, anything.

The ink black mare had many many thoughts running through her mind like a car in a racetrack. Where she was going was probably the least of her problems. With the fact that night was approaching, she didn't know what creatures were out there. It could be anything. With this, Chemical came to realize she would definitely have to watch her back. Watch her back and put her faith in no one that didn't deserve it.

The pegasus kept her jet black, satin textured wings tucked closed to her body as she maneuvered through the Threshold; slowly and steadily. The blood red decorations upon her hide flashed through the greenery as the dark mass trekked through it all. Needless to say, she was very cautious and weary. The woods were silent as her larger than average body cut through and down her path. She enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The scenery had not changed much. Except it was now summer and everything was greener and warmer. It had only been just the previous season she too had walked upon these very floors, covered with moss. There was something soothing about the Threshold; she had come to realize, only on her second visit back. She couldn’t be sure what had encouraged a trip to the forest, but maybe a longing to see if she could relive those few hours with Osiris and Boltar. The wolf horse had quickly found a place with her, but it had been awhile since their paths had crossed. She was beginning to wonder if she would ever see him again.

The sun was high in the sky, but it too was growing weary with the ever-growing day before her. Sighing, she let her silent and lithe movements carry her through the forest, weaving in and out of tall trees, both skinny and fat. The chatter of the critters wasn’t as active as it once had been earlier, as the forest was preparing for the night it seemed. It was quite rare for NADIRA to bed down for the night, for fear of her own dreams. Maybe that was why she took so well to wandering.

The silence of another near by was what ceased her movement mid stride. Delicate ears twitched atop her brow as she waited and listened. Shunning the light that harmed her senses, she let blackness surround her as her visionaries were closed. Letting the aura, the scent of the other linger, drape over her like the sunlight on a sunrise, she felt pulled in the direction of a mare. A pegasi if she should stand corrected on this. It was the ever slight shuffling of wings that had provoked such an assumption.

Letting her glacier spheres readjust to the light of day, she adjusted her direction in the path of a companion. It wasn’t long before she depicted a black mare with leathery wings heading towards her. With the sun’s beaming rays, splitting through the forest canopy, NADIRA would almost appear as a ghost or spirits of sorts. Her milky hide glistening under the streams of light as she moved lightly over the forest floor. Blood set orbs were not hard to pick out among the black mare’s features and NADIRA thought of Ophelia and Paladin.

She waited patiently for the other mare to acknowledge seeing her before she attempted to speak. Not wanting to scare or frighten her. That was not in the milky unicorn’s nature to do so.

“Welcome. I am NADIRA. Have you traveled far? You look a bit jaded m’dear.”

By now, the unicorn mare had done away with being cautious of her mannerisms and behavior. She knew she was well off the beaten path as far as what appeared to be of “normal” characters around Helovia. She was one of few last of her kind. Of ancient ways and a calm demeanor to boot.

“I can offer a place of rest for your weary bones. A place I rest on occasion myself.”

It was a kind gesture. One of which she was not quite certain the mare might take with apprehension. Still, a place of rest was a place of rest. It did not mean you had to call it home. Though NADIRA was beginning to grow a tad bit fond of the Foothills. Only time would tell. She hadn’t quite settled down, as curiosity was an overwhelming state of mind for her at the current moment in her life.

She watched the tall ebony winged horse with a gentle and kind gaze. Wondering how she had stumbled upon these lands. NADIRA always loved a story.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Unregistered

It wasn't long until Chemical grew observative of the forest. She watched each and every move in the trees, on the ground, and around her. Every bird that flew from a branch to another branch sent her tantalized mind into a semi panic and her gore colored eyes were instantly planted on the moving subject. Her eyes followed it with every move it made until something else caught her eye. All the while, she was was watching where she was going.

And when she caught a large white mass moving towards her, Chemical instantly whirred around, flung out her wings defensively, and glared at the subject with her ears pinned tightly against her head. However, her gaze was soon mollified and returned to normal. Her wings, however, were not returned as they had been before the unicorn appeared. They were nervously and reluctantly tucked by her side, ready to be thrown out once more if the time came. Her ears, however, remained the way they were.

With nostrils flared, the gentle voice coming from the mare was an apparent soothing tone. Needless to say, Chemical didn't buy it. However, it was not her fault. Blame her tantalizing past that made her mind this way. Her entire beliefs and way of life was screwed up just because of the way she had been off; alone and scared with with no true sense of the world.

"I'm not in the least bit weary," she lied "But I thank you for your offer."

It was apparent she was tired, but it was also apparent she was stubborn and independent. It would take a lot of persuasion to get Chemical to take a step off of the trail she stood upon, mentally. It would, perhaps, take a lifetime to wean her off the path she rode. She was being as friendly as she possibly could toward the mare. She hadn't had contact with another equine in a long long time.

Of course, a home would be nice. A place to rest with protection from others and not have to worry... yes, that would be very ple- STOP IT, CHEMICAL! part of her conscience cut the other side off Do you really want to put your trust in others?! To rely on others when they could murder you outright when you are sleeping?!? Face the facts, you can't trust anyone!

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

NADIRA couldn’t blame the ebony mare for holding back and acting like she had everything under control. She still felt that way about herself and there was not a single soul who really knew who she was. So who was she? The sea fair unicorn was a lost soul trying to find her way through life. Or that was how it felt, anyway. A sigh escaped her lips and she eyed the mare, knowing full well she was being stubborn. But she would not push things. She had no reason to push this mare; it was not in her character or personality to do so.

“That is your choice. And you are welcome.”

She was a terrible liar, but she wouldn’t let on. It had been her life long skill to pick apart others. To understand how they thought and to predict what their next plan of attack was. She knew appearances would say otherwise to what many thought of her. But she was a book that you did not want to judge by its cover. Small packages carry big surprises. But her agenda was never to hurt anyone. She was a nature lover, and so maybe that was why others saw that side of her. She was good at hiding things, just don’t talk about it, and you are good. Find another hobby to override what your skills and what you know, and you are all good.

“May I at least have a name to put to a face?”

NADIRA’s melodic tunes mixed with the critters chatter. The sun wasn’t going to wait on them to decide what they were going to do for the night. It didn’t matter to the unicorn mare; she didn’t plan on dreaming that night. A blank stare overcame the pegasi mare and NADIRA wondered what she was thinking, or arguing with herself over. She knew, because it often happened to her. She waited patiently for the other to speak.

N A D I R A

Unregistered

Chemical was about to speak but decided against it. Instead, a long and heavy sigh escaped her large midnight form and Chemical repositioned her wings once more. This unicorn, she supposed, was of no thread for now. Things could change and Chemical realized this, but for now, she relaxed her wings. She was sure not to let her guard down.

Chemical's ambivalence seemed to be causing a war in her head. Either way, the risk factor would be the same. Sleep in the woods with every single possible danger or sleep with others that she could keep her eye on. If there was any other threat, they would surely have to run as well, correct? Unless they were all in on it together, then she would be screwed. She wasn't sure if they possessed some magic or other threat that her wings couldn't carry her from or that her hooves couldn't.

In other words, how could she be sure? They could, of course, lie. They could trick. Chemical knew from herself. But as she began to weigh out her choices, she would rather see it coming than be in the forest and someone came up on her. Trees made for a hard way to break through to the skies.

Then when the white mare spoke once again, Chemical nodded her head slightly. Trickery, is what it was, or at least Chemical presumed so. Then she spoke again about a name and Chemical became slightly nervous.

Name or not, Chemical?

Chemical swallowed, her pinned ears soon faded into a now relaxed but not perked position.

"Chemical."

It was short and sweet, but Chemical had new questions coming to her mind.

"So about this place to sleep, Nadira. Mind giving a brief explanation before I follow?"

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

NADIRA’s visual on the mare’s posture was welcoming, as she witnessed a little relaxation in those tense muscles. She wasn’t sure how long it would last, but she would take it, pleased at least with the fact that she wasn’t quite making this mare too nervous. It was a confusing concept to the white unicorn, having that affect of making one nervous. If anything, it should be she who was nervous around others. But this new land was such a culture shock to her that she had found herself quite at ease with the scenery and atmosphere. With her own troubles behind her now, she could for once focus on being happy. But there was something that still tugged at her insides.

The hesitation to answer such a simple question, only spoke of a trust issue. NADIRA did not push for an answer. If this mare felt she could not trust her, then she could not hold it against the pegasi. But after a few moments, the silenced seemed to be a little too much and the black winged mare let her name slip from her maw. Chemical. What a peculiar name to be given, she thought. But a name was a name, and maybe the name was a perfect fit for her.

“Well, Chemical, I am glad to put a face to a name.”

It wasn’t exactly a response one would think about making, but she couldn’t exactly say it was a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, that would be worse. She was just about to inquire where the mare palnned to bed down for the night, when the same question crossed her lips. How odd. Maybe she finally decided it was best to be somewhere besides the forest to rest. In her own opinion, she did have to agree with the mare. Though this place was beautiful, at night, who knew of the dangers it spoke of.

A brief explanation, huh? This should be interesting, NADIRA pondered. Seeing as our leader was missing and members of the herd were disappearing and fast. She had no idea, as she didn’t know how this world worked, exactly. So she had to come up with the truth and leave out the bad, seeing as a place to rest is exactly what this mare would receive, but for how long? The winds had shifted lately and there was something not quite right.

Glacier orbs glanced over the mare nonchalantly, not letting her thoughts be easily read. Her ears swiveled slightly as the sounds from the critters were somewhat amusing.

“The Foothills, is where I reside, casually. The mountains provide for scenery and protection from the north. There is a river that flows inland from the sea and it is quite green. With plenty of private spots to keep your privacy.”

She wondered if Chemical would truly follow her back. NADIRA knew she wasn’t pleasantly ecstatic about describing the Foothills, but her heart hadn’t settled enough to call it home. It was truly and remarkably gorgeous. She had no problem admitting that. And the company that still resided there was very warm and welcoming. So it really wasn’t that bad.

“If you wish, Chemical, I could show you the way before darkness consumes the forest.”

It was a long shot, but she wouldn’t know unless she asked.

N A D I R A

Unregistered

[[OOC:Sorry for the long wait!]

"Likewise." responded Chemical.

Chemical sensed slight hesitation in her words and a few red flags were thrown up in her mind. What could she had possibly had to consider? But perhaps she was thinking of everything to say, as well. Needless to say, Chemical could beat it. She needed protection and a herd was one way to go. This individual was being very kind and if the attitude didn't change afterwards, the Foothills sounded good to fit that description. It was probably the best choice for her survival, nevertheless.

The description was something Chemical had to analyze. Any faults in the description would be another red flag of lying or something else but this proved not to be the case for it was solid with probably some small holes of details best left out. The other mare only spoke of good but Chemical knew from personal experience that there was a bad side to everything. The question was, to what extent?

Chemical had a choice and whatever decision she made would be the one to effect the rest of her life. And with that, Chemical began to think a good outcome was putative. The Unicorn was friendly and welcoming and it seemed pure. Had it not been, the act wouldn't have gone on so far unless the individual was as persistent as Chemical herself.

The next statement from Nadira sent Chemical into complete and utter silence. Here was a choice, here was the time to answer, and Chemical found herself in silence. Once again, the ambivalence towards the issue was large, much like a battle, no, a war in her head.

"Well, I'm not going to lie, these woods are dangerous. Unknown things lurk around every corner in a world I am far too new to understand yet. However, I am determined not to walk into a trap. Sorry, Nadira, but I do believe the trail ends here."

One could say she had trust issues but that was a underestimation. More like highly paranoid in the right analysis. Chemical nodded towards Nadira and continued on her way.