the Rift

A Mirrored Reflection [ophelia & osiris]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

I was dead when I woke up this morning, and I will be dead before the day is done. The sunlight of the day shone down bitterly, laughing at her broken heart with its all too cheery rays. Heat enveloped her like a wool blanket forced over her head and neck, making her reel uncomfortably. Would summer ever end? Would the light of day ever fade? Would the brightness of the day ever cease to laugh in her face and shred her soul again? Would the bright rays she used to love ever stop being a symbol of her utter failure and the Sun God's betrayal? How long could she keep living this way? Whatever the Sun God had killed in her soul was not rotting in a corner, and the stench it left within her heart left a bitter taste in her mouth.

Ophelia had stumbled from the Veins with her memories restored to the Marsh where she had been backstabbed by someone she had considered to be a close friend, to the Basin where she had to keep up her guards to save said friend's ass, and now here. Levi and Osiris had been kind, but Ophelia had to leave them promptly to follow Tor, able to seen in the mare's eyes the sign of stupidity. Still her emotions about the half wolf were mixed, and staring into those golden eyes brought back the memories of standing on the beach as he called for the grey, winged more with more passion than she had ever seen before. He made her feel like a child, naive and ignorant to the world. The wolf's words built her up and his eyes tore her back down, but she always a managed to hide.

The alabaster mare spent her entire life hiding her emotions, and after Tor so flagrantly disregarded them, Ophelia knew that she had made a mistake by confiding the the pinto. A horrible, terrible mistake. She wandered, following her cloven hooves deeper into the forest until two familiar voices shattered her barely stable calm like a knife. The white mare, Nadira, whom she had run across once, and the half wolf her thoughts had wandered to without her trying to control them. Ironic. Cruel even.

She should not be so harsh. Osiris had defended her valiantly, and she needed to thank him. Ophelia took a deep breath and walked through the trees, unable to truly smile at the pair. Instead, she offered a weak crease of her lips and nodded her head slightly. Tinek waved to Comadre, copying the movement the black dragon had made earlier, and the silver one grinned at the white mare, recognizing her as well. He flew closer and landed on a branch just above Nadira, curling his long, scaled tail around a branch and hanging upside down.

Strange, dual colored eyes looked at Osiris, and she wondered if he was able to see her instability. He had known her since she was a tiny, charcoal child amazed by dragons and in awe of the world. "Thank you, Osiris - for earlier, in the Marsh." Her voice was quite, the stunning sound of chimes in her tone rather dimmed. "And hello to you too, Nadira. I am sorry about earlier in the Foothills. I was not myself."

She furrowed her brows curiously. "You venture far from the Foothills. Why?"

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Mirrored Reflection [ophelia & osiris] - by Ophelia - 02-17-2013, 12:16 AM