the Rift

The World has lost Her way again | Midas, Open
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

Never before had I whelped the desire to curse the lords of our land. Not in a single moment of this existence had this voice wanted to bellow into heaven with the injustice of emotion. Not when my parents passed, Norse died, or Cera got hurt. My lips had only spoken holy things about a heavenly father. As a child, faith had been a priceless treasure, something that was nourished by dame and sire. There had been one other person besides them that my attention had always found comfort and support in, even at a distance. Azzuen. But now, that intangible support was gone; and in its place was emptiness and dread.

Hollowed by life, I felt used up and tossed aside. My ears rang and silver tears slithered to stain a face riddled with despair. The wind bitterly sliced through every hair on this body until it was thoroughly chilled. This planet was an inescapable hell that could only be ridden, and for a moment I wanted it all to go away. I wanted off the ride. My insides screamed for silence, a moment to myself. Away from the expectant eyes of my son and the throat, away from the judging gaze of our leaders and the responsibility it held.

Limbs sliced through a dark sky, its bowels clouded with dark clouds that hinted upon a coming storm. Wings didn’t ache despite having carried this body a long ways, indeed this entire body felt numb. I didn’t even feel the bite of fatigue when muscles begged for relief. Sweat caked my sides with white foam. Eventually my energy began to wane and I was forced to land, wings tilted closed and body landed heavily before collapsing against the frozen uncaring ground.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The World has lost Her way again | Midas, Open - by Midas - 02-10-2013, 09:37 PM