the Rift

The World has lost Her way again | Midas, Open

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the earth...

Although Myrddin had been mostly sure that the creature before him was not dead, there was still the possibility. As Midas tentatively began to move himself, the philosopher sighed, only half relieved that Midas was not fully dead. There was still the possibility that he had been wounded, attacked, or was seriously ill; in those cases, Myrddin would be nearly helpless to assist. However, as he spoke, his comments not related to any physically life-threatening condition, the old stag relaxed somewhat. His large moose-like ears flicked forward to catch Midas's words, and a small smile of understanding to part his aged lips.

The world ails me elder. My brother in arms is dead, as to add to a growing list of recent afflictions this life has blessed me with

Gruffly, Myrddin snorted as if amused, bobbing his great head. "Well of course it does, youngling." Myr began, his raspy voice sounding very matter-of-fact. "If it didn't, you'd be dead." Brother in arms? The white stag was slightly surprised to surmise that the creature before him was a warrior. They were not normally known for their bleeding hearts, and yet this one seemed to be no more stunted emotionally than Myr was. Tilting his head slightly, the philosopher pondered momentarily whether or not he thought a creature with such emotions would make a better, or worse warrior.

Tossing his head and forcing himself back into the moment, his blind gaze bore down unto Midas. For such an emotive creature to be this upset over death, struck him as odd. Unless perhaps the death was unjust? Unless it was a murder? Or perhaps something in the growing list of recent afflictions is the true culprit of the stallion's speedy and reckless decent?
"Death is...a part of life. And yet I believe that you know this. While this weighs heavy on your heart, tell me youngster, do you only mourn that which is out of your control? Or have you been wronged unjustly in some way?"

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: The World has lost Her way again | Midas, Open - by Myrddin - 02-19-2013, 10:42 AM