the Rift

The World has lost Her way again | Midas, Open
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

He responds with a voice that matches appearance in age, I expect a rebuke or perhaps him to find jest in my pain. His thinking is right, and had our positions been switched and I the elder and he the troubled youth. I might not have the patience required for the act of listening to another’s woes, after all I was well aware the world was full of heartache and woe. The only difference was your heartache is that it isn’t the same as mine. But instead of laughing and pointing hoof at my weakness he muses for a moment, commenting facts rather than simply shoving off my concerns like a fly from his quarters.

"Death is...a part of life. And yet I believe that you know this. While this weighs heavy on your heart, tell me youngster, do you only mourn that which is out of your control? Or have you been wronged unjustly in some way?"

He starts off with something that I know all too well and then continues to read into my meanings. AS if he actually cared about knowing what grieved me. Somehow this intrigued me, he was older—certainly wiser with extra years. Suppose I did tell him? Would that lift some weight from this tired heart?

My lips form words absent allowing mind further control over tongue, “Injustice, and war,” I smile weakly, “You would believe me to be a fool, and perhaps I am….but… I have been robbed of myself.” My gaze remains fixed upon the ground, “A man, draped in the colors of blood nearly killed my child and planted a seed of hate in my heart as a parting gift—all of my energy has been spent trying to hunt this same man down. Yet he remains hidden.” Eyes drift up, pitess bottoms staring into the sky empty of emotion and drained of feeling.

“I want to see his death for the pain he inflicted and the innocence that has been stolen. He haunts my steps with each day that I awake and see fresh terror in the eyes of my prodigy.” Dryly I add, "But this...this drive to kill isn't who I am."

"I grow tired of hating a ghost.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The World has lost Her way again | Midas, Open - by Midas - 02-19-2013, 06:31 PM