the Rift

A Dangerous Alliance [Ktu+Phaedra?]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Tio stopped when he was about to disappear in the mists and turned, his eyes gleaming through the dense fog like emeralds set into thin air, as his body was now nothing more than a silhouette. He blinked and nodded to the two of them, his eyes narrowing slightly. "I find it cumbersome and unnecessary to have an entourage accompany me wherever. I came here on business and that business is finished, albeit unsatisfactory in the result. I hardly see it as a testament to my ability as a leader to not have followers accompany me everywhere. Besides, my members have their duties to attend to. Let you worry about your own business and I shall worry about mine, Ktulu."

"I hope you will not come to regret this. Those that are frowned upon, or doubted, are often the ones that take everyone by surprise. So far, everyone I've met has treated me like a simpleton. It'll be on their own heads in the end. I will be having the last laugh." He snorted darkly and then continued on his way, saving no spare thought for the second mare that had appeared. He was not stupid, though. He kept his ears pointed back to catch any sign of pursuit. If Ktulu decided to have her servant chase him, he would be prepared. In fact, he was already prepped to run.

Some would call him a coward for running so willingly from fights, but the truth was, he saw no gain from turning to fight. He needed to save his strength for the war to come, and he could not afford wounds in the meantime. As he walked, his mind was troubled. Where had Phaedra been? Had she gone rogue? Had something happened to her? He scarcely dared to believe that anything could happen to that mare. She was spunky, yes. He could see her flirtatious ways getting her in trouble, but she was not an idiot. Tio would not have tolerated her company for so long if she had been that way.

More than anything, Tio was burning with frustration. The Grey's rejection of his offer was a set back to his plans. He could make do without their help, but now he needed to tie up some loose ends, starting with a certain spotted pegasus. He stopped in his tracks, looking around for her, searching the air for her scent, wondering if she was anywhere nearby for him to meet with her. He could smell her on the breeze, but the scent was too faint for him to track. Tio understood now. He'd made mistakes. His plan had been brash, overconfident. He needed to rethink his strategy mainly because without the mercenary help, his shortcut to power was cut off.

This didn't mean he was any less determined to make his dreams a reality. It just meant that the dun had a longer wait. Sighing a bit, he continued walking until he left the forest behind and he broke into his characteristic running-walk gait to eat up a lot of ground while using the least amount of energy possible. His stride when using this gait usually exceeded 9 feet. His tail and head carriage became pronounced, as he bobbed his head along with the beat of his own hooves. His tail was raised and shivered constantly with the motion. Tio was always thankful to his mother for teaching him this gait, as it was his birth right, but also because it was incredibly energy efficient. He could go longer periods of time using this gait and cover just as much ground as he would if he'd been trotting or cantering. As he walked, his mind was racing with ideas, planning out his next move. He directed his hooves towards the threshold. There really wasn't any other choice that he could see, and he might as well try again.

Ktulu played by Blu
Lakota played by Brit
You two can continue to talk if you want and I will read what happens, but Tio is out. xD

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Dangerous Alliance [Ktu+Phaedra?] - by Catillatio - 02-22-2013, 08:05 AM