the Rift

[COMPLETE] Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I stood before her gazing down into an impassive glare that I knew would be afforded. She remained as to-the-point as ever and part of me thanked her for the kindness, knowing that if words had been shared they would have shaken my resolve. Akiath trilled above me in the treetops and I glanced up into her happy face, awarding her acknowledgement with a smile. She had always been quite good at lifting my spirits when I failed to notice their falling. However, my gaze was quickly retracted from the small gold to accommodate the final pause before the beginning of what was to be my very first spar. Around me the ground was hard and even, no holes in which to tip a hoof. To my left the cliff loomed large and daunting in face of what was to come. To my right the tree line cast a shadow along the space between Mirage and I and I imagined what it would feel to bask in that shade after I had been announced winner.

But I didn’t have time to fantasize such blasphemy as Mirage was set to motion. Her legs were solid beneath her and I counted the strides it took for her to cover the ground between us. One, two, three, four, five… Using my count to determine her pace, I tried to estimate the power in which she would deliver her blow. She was smaller and naturally quicker than I and I knew that trying to out-step her would be a foolish move on my part and decided instead to take what was coming to me. From her pace and the distance at which she had been allowed to gain speed I knew that her punishment would not be light and when it hit, a searing pain along my shoulder alerted me to her success.

From the sound of her footfall I knew that she had sped up along my side, using speed as her advantage not only to land her attack but to avoid one of my own as well. Onetwo, threefour…. The fifth beat never came but a slight clip to my cannon did. It was not as painful as the bite wound that would later inflame and swell upon the flesh of my shoulder, but I knew it was time to move into action if I wished to be named a contender in this “fight.”

Everything was about sensation and gut feeling now. I didn’t have much time for logic because I knew that she was quick, much quicker than I, but as my brain eased itself into a fine edged seat between what I wanted to do and what I thought I should do, I decided to take the latter. I prayed to the Gods that my patience had paid off as I quickly plotted my counter-attack. Mirage had attacked my right side and from the sound of it, I knew that she now positioned herself behind me. Using the time I knew it would take her to recover her balance, I threw myself to my left and turned on my heel in order to face her. While she was quicker, she would need more strides to cover the ground that it would take me to cover in just a few and I used my size to my advantage. Lunging forward, I began counting once again; only this time I counted my own steps. One, two, three… and I was upon her, her left side growing closer and closer with each heavy step.

I mimicked her attack and bore yellowed teeth that ached for the flesh of victory upon her swollen flank. I hauled my head into the attack, using sheer force to inflict damage whereas she had used the speed of her gait. However, I was not quick enough to even consider trying to land a hefty kick to her side as well because I would only leave myself open for yet another vicious kick from Mirage. Instead, I traced the length of her body to her neck and once again flashed teeth that were hoping to land upon delicate skin. With that, I turned back on my heels choosing to leave my backend open instead of my face as I veered back to my left again to avoid further attacks from the little shadow. I tried to recover my former position when had begun the fight, but I knew it wouldn’t be long before she was racing up alongside me to remind me in what place I actually stood.

I loved the rush of a spar, though new and rather foreign, and I only hoped to be something of a challenge for a mare that had seen so much war.

Word Count: 790
Summary: Thor took both hits from Mirage including the bite to his shoulder and the kick to his cannon. He then turned pivoted left (towards the tree line) and ran towards Mirage hoping to bite her flank and then bite at her neck. He is now moving back toward the tree line with his ass-end facing Mirage as he tries to recover his former position that he had started in, in the beginning of the spar.
Ooc: I hope that it made a little sense and if there’s something I need to improve on, let me know. Also, I was going to ask if the post itself was clear so I could avoid any vagueness or fantasized attacked that maybe wouldn’t work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-12-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Thor - 02-13-2013, 02:02 AM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-13-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Thor - 02-13-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Thor - 02-14-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-15-2013, 06:05 AM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Thor - 02-15-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-16-2013, 07:54 AM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Official - 02-17-2013, 11:21 AM