the Rift

A climb for answers [Moon, Earth, Qian]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
They followed her, and Mirage was always surprised – she supposed it was a good thing to never assume that they would always follow, only graciously accept that they did. If they ever stopped following her lead, she knew she would feel hurt, and saddened, but she would know that they would have their reasons – people grew, they changed and sometimes bad things simply happened and shifted the way one saw a situation. What worked for them now, the Qian, might not always work for them. Mirage knew that for herself, at least, the Qian would always be the right fit. But for now, a great number followed her; she could hardly keep track of it. Her forelimbs smarted from the over-sensitive skin that was growing back in the healing process that was taking place after the scorching they received while she observed the damages wrought upon the World’s Edge.

The silver pendant that hung upon her breast seemed to hum of its own accord; it seemed to have a mind of its own and sensed that its creator was near. Sculpted flutes twirled atop her tiara as from a cloud of smoke the wraith-like figurine of her beloved Goddess stepped forth. Mirage was saddened by the weakness that plagued her, but at least found comfort that their presences here in her name brought a smidge of happiness. She greeted the celestial being with the respectful bow of her tiara, her chin scraping along her chest, the pendant taking on a slightly stronger, eerie glow. The stirring of dust marked the arrival of the Earth lord, and once again her cranium inclined deeply – she was not foolish enough to show any lesser respect to a lord of equal standing to her deity, Mirage was all about balance, and that was the reason why she had asked for both their presences. And both had come.

She listened to their words, smiling gratefully at the Goddess as she mentioned the amulet. “Indeed, its glow keeps me company at night, its power yet untapped.” Mirage reassured Lady Luna that she had not squandered the gift in exchange for anything, surely nothing could compare to a gift from the gods! Closely she captured every word they spoke, thirsting for the knowledge that they might bring. Her eyes provided some knowledge; however, as she spied the better condition that the Earth God possessed, he was less affected it seemed by the extended periods of heat – did that explain why the Foothills seemed to always have water falling from its cliff? Whereas the lands that were under the Moon’s jurisdiction had suffered, a large portion of timbers turned to ash – such happenings were not unheard of, Mirage recalled her parents speaking of such things occurring in their own homeland, the Path of the Moon.

“I at least have gained some hope then, that the season will indeed change – the lands will not be in drought forever.” Though whether we survive to see this change is another question. “I witnessed your lands being scorched, my Lady, I desire such a fate upon no-one – I wish to ensure the safety of my kin, the Qian, and their allies.” It was her utmost importance, she longed to ask the Lunar mistress to craft her a home, a safe haven for them to rest, but doubted she would be granted such a thing. Of course, that didn’t stop the image of it forming in her mind, but her voice didn’t articulate all her thoughts. “The Order of the Sun has fallen, and yet the season permits the Sun God to grow stronger yet – is there information on Ra, the Sun Emissary, who lays dead in a pile of dust upon the Dragon’s Throat, that would be helpful to our cause?” She felt useless, helpless against a cause that seemed much greater than she could have ever imagined herself getting into.

“M’Lady, I yearn for knowledge, for guidance, for a way to ensure our survival, and to reinstall the equilibrium as swiftly as possible.” Here her gaze locked upon the Gods’ that were present, before sweeping over the masses that had followed her here. She cared for each individual, her devotion strong and as undeniable as the heartbeat that pumped blood through her veins.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A climb for answers [Moon, Earth, Qian] - by Couth - 07-09-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: A climb for answers [Moon, Earth, Qian] - by Noise - 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: A climb for answers [Moon, Earth, Qian] - by Mirage - 07-12-2012, 04:30 AM
RE: A climb for answers [Moon, Earth, Qian] - by Boom Boom - 07-26-2012, 12:00 PM