[complete] Smash the Floor [open spar]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

A M P E R E

| pegasus | mare | 2 years | 14 hands |

First to respond shall spar with her :)
This will be a judged spar, 2 attack posts each. Whoever can attack first and gets a closing defense (as always)
*Please be able to reply decently fast (within a couple days) as I would rather avoid this dragging on for a long time.

Setting: Rotted Bog
Weather: It's a tallsun morning, so warm but not unbearable yet. There is some fog, but visibility is still decent. No wind.
Specifics: magic and companions allowed

The days spent wandering through this strange new land have begun to blur into once. What Ampere thought would be only a couple sunsets before Taz and Zar rescued her, had now seen a season shift into another. She was begun to fear that they will not come, that they cannot find her, or even (and this is thought only in the lonely dark of the night) that they aren't even bothering to look.

She tries to remain optimistic, happy that at least some shreds of her memory have returned and that she feels the familiar rush of her magic nipping through her veins and electrifying her every move. There had been a witch involved, and a curse, which dealt her the fate of awakening in Helovia, befuddled as to how and why she appeared in the glade of the Threshold. She recalled with a fond smile the stallion Djinn who she'd met and had well warned her of the kingdoms here, far too serious for their own good.

Perhaps while she spent all her time exploring and waiting, she should at least make a name of herself. It was not uncommon for her to depart a land once everyone was shouting her name - a pity it was never with love and joy, but always torches and pitchforks. She really needed a new PR rep.

So it is the dashingly attractive and hopelessly lost mare finds herself zigging, zagging and running in circles around this dismal swamp. The stench is repulsive and the scenery little better, but she is at least happy to be rid of the flies and reveling in the cover of fog shielding away the awakening sun. She busies her mind by leaping from island to island of land, trying to avoid letting even a smidge of her hoof touch the stagnant murk. If she did she supposed she'd just have to visit Gaucho in the Throat again to take another bath.

Smirking, Ampere began to sing a soft melody to herself as she skipped around, churning sparse shrubs into electric orbs as she went just for the hell of it. She was feeling rather fresh this morning, which showed in the occasional twists of her hooves as she tested her kicks to the air. It had been a while since she'd sparred with Taz or Zar due to their absence, and she began to worry she'd lose all her talents soon.

Between her song she calls out to the dead that bloatedly bob here, thinking herself quite alone in regards to the living. "I'll fight the next horse I see!"

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

[OOC: SO SO SO SORRY this took so long, Blu <3
Can we up this to 3 attack posts? Not that I mind 2, but if you want VP, we might as well. ]

Ophelia felt the responsibility of others now on her shoulders, and she furrowed her brows deeply as she moved south from the Deep Forest. Her strange, multi-colored eyes focused on the horizon, the sky only now beginning to lighten from black to deep blue. The morning was a glorious time to be awake, alone with the cool wind and the quiet whisper of the new day murmuring in your ear. She felt her hooves slide against softer ground now, getting mildly trapped in grit and grime, and she absently wondered if this was what the Spectral Marsh was like before it turned into the... swamp.

The alabaster mare stopped, grit up past her fetlocks north of the Spectral Marsh, and she inhaled a deep breath, feeling the winds move past her blood dipped tendrils of hair. A dense fog settled around her limbs now that she was paused in her movement, but the environment was still visible, just cast in a faint glow. The sound of movement caught her attention, and a tulip shaped ear tilted to the side, only very slightly at first. A tilted whine of static and the crunching of hooves in unison was foreign, and she furrowed her brows.

Carefully, she moved through the settling fog, able to see a mare in the distance of beautiful charcoal and blue coloration. Long wings full of dense, carefully cured feathers accented a young frame with electric blue eyes and a marking that accentuated their captivating color. As she shouts that the next horse she sees she will fight, Ophelia tilted her head to the side curiously. She needed the practice, and Tinek needed the maturation. An entire band, albeit small, rested on her slender shoulders, and she knew that she had to do right by them.

In a gentle manner, Ophelia approached, dipping her head respectfully. "I accept your challenge," she replied in her chime like tone. "Tinek will be joining, if that is all right with you." The silver dragon, as if on cue, opened his wings and hovered onto Ophelia's back, grinning excitedly at the new creature. She had wings too! How exciting.

[(0/1 attacks ) - (354 words) - (0/2 magic&companion uses)]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

A M P E R E

[3 it is!]

A voice slithered through the din, startling Ampere from her reverie and causing her hoof to slip. Wings fluttered for balance, but she flounced into the quagmire. Dead-body water splashed up her chest, darkening her black pelt, while mud plastered up her forelimbs like sludge. She'd been open mouthed in her shock of hearing a response, head twisting over her shoulder, and embarrassment steadily creeping up her face - you weren't supposed to be found talking to yourself. A sound of disgust staggered from her nares, head shaking in the vain hopes of ridding her tongue of the foul water that had felt the need to sprinkle her taste buds with the pepper of rot.

Plucking herself from the atrocious bog, sputtering over-dramatically all the while, she rounded to face her opponent. The mare was a pristine white that was reminiscent of early snowfall, you know, before all the animals started pissing in it, and stood quite a bit taller than Ampere. Ampere was use to being the shortest so she knew how to fight low and fast, to turn quickly on her haunches and maintain a lower center of gravity, making her all the harder to knock off balance.

Ophelia spoke rather formally, and far too nice in Ampere's opinion. Did she even know how to fight? The idea brought a sneer to Ampere's features, who felt the need to belittle the prissy unicorn considering how foolish she'd been made to look seconds prior. "Are you sure you're up for it girl?" she taunted, wings lifting high and flaring out on either side in an instinctual display. Ampere was soon distracted by the glinting of silver around the mare, blue gaze curious. "You've trained a dragon to fig-" Ampere cut her words off abruptly, a baleful expression displacing the wonder that had begun to spread on her face. Although she was greatly impressed that Ophelia had a trained dragon, she wouldn't want to give her opponent any sense of satisfaction.

"If you feel you can't do it by yourself, then sure," Ampere mocked. With that, she jolted forward, hooves splashing into the swamp with a carefree ease now that she was already dirtied. Still she kept to pockets of dry land, knowing the mud would be deadly. When she'd fallen in it had yanked at her hooves and been hard to free from. It would consume any momentum and possibly yank at tired muscles until they overextended. As she ran, her wings slicked to her sides and her head tucked closer to her chest defensively.

Around her an electrical charge jumped to life, surging quickly from her body to zip along the water-logged earth and snarl at two shrubs behind Ophelia. The half-dead plants imploded into spheres of pure slectricity, humming a dangerous tune. The orbs slammed into one larger ball that began to make the rough shape of a small dragon, like Tinek. The outline was constantly blurring as electricity arched out. The core of the electrical dragon pulsed a bright blue, like a dim, false sun. It flapped its wings needlessly, seeming to float quickly more than to fly, towards the silver dragon.

Ampere grinned as she watched it unfurl, but her fluorescent gaze soon snapped back to the ice fairy. Another stride and she'd be in range of the horn. Not so fast, her mind crooned, haunches tucking suddenly beneath her and wings popping out on either side. Her tail smeared into the murk, knotting instantly, while her haunches quivered with the sudden force of pushing her upwards. Her wings shot down, feathers grazing the murk, but aided with the strong force of her hind end shot her upward - her hooves left the ground with a sickening shlurk as air fettered in-between.

Ampere ascended briefly, rising only the length of her body above Ophelia before she lost her momentum. She wasn't intending to fly though, and spun in the air, the motion only given by her kick off from the ground. With her rump to Ophelia she whirled her tail to fling mud at Ophelia's face. The dead air slacked under her feathers and she dropped in a brief dive, wings parachuting behind her to steady her descent. Forehooves struck the mud perilously, knees buckling with the unsteady ground and the added weight of her hind hooves lifting to force a buck towards Ophelia. Likely she wasn't close enough to touching the girl unless Ophelia had advanced forward; it was more a defensive maneuver to ward Ophelia back while Ampere struggled to her feet. Her chest down to her toes was coated in grime and her right forelimb felt unwilling to hold her complete weight, but she was whole enough. Still with her ass facing Ophelia, she glanced haughtily over her shoulders.

W: 797
1/3

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia frowned, not having intended to startle the winged beauty, so she paused and waited patiently, strange, dual colored eyes observing with a marked kindness. From what Phi could see, the young mare wore her expressions on her face openly and brightly. She could almost taste the irritation in her words when the mare passed a verbal judgement upon her abilities, calling her a "girl". Ophelia merely smiled. Win or lose, Ophelia had to practice and had to learn, and certainly someone as confident as this winged mare knew exactly what she was doing. "I approached you about the fight, did I not?" she asked, waiting. When she stammered and backtracked over her words about Tinek, Ophelia chuckled. "I admit that I am half as skilled without Tinek, but I do not want to keep him from practice, since you do not mind."

Ampere's sudden movement made Ophelia's figure tends, long legs splaying to keep her balance in case she collided into her figure. A current ran through the water of the swamp that made the hair on her fetlocks stand on end, and she briefly turned her head to see massive orbs of electricity form into the shape of a dragon, hovering in flight with arcing dipoles shooting from flapping wings. The alabaster mare had to done one of them, leaping from the murk onto a somewhat dry bank, though the static in the air made her mane nearly stand on end. She could feel the pulsing charge lightly caress her skin, preparing to snap, and she wondered if this power would work against Ampere? Was Ophelia charged enough to zap the creator of this power? Curiosity won out, and she quickly turned her attention back to Ampere who was fast approaching. Tinek’s silver figure moved to try and take care of the magic.

Ophelia tucked her chin to her chest, reading her horn to impale when the winged one snapped open the feathered appendages and flew out of range. The alabaster mare grunted in irritation and quickly leapt diagonally forward and out of the way from the hovering mare. Better to not be directly under a flighted creature, she thought, let they fall from the sky. In doing so, the mud that was supposedly flung at her face hit her side instead, and Ophelia felt it slime down her side. The mare was not so concerned with her appearance as the rather grotesque sensation. The winged one was parachuting down now, and Ophelia lunged forward, hooves finding more purchase on her dry patch then deep in the murk.

Hind hooves flashed at her, and Ophelia slid through the mud, throwing her body to the side and attempting to dodge the kick. Ampere's hooves landed on her upper shoulder (did she shock Ampere, she wondered?), but Ophelia was closer now, and she craned her neck over, smarting as her bruised muscle stretched, to aim a bite right on top of Ampere's croup. When she glanced haughtily over her shoulder, Ophelia merely smiled again, not partaking in the catty battle. Though, that was not because Ophelia thought herself as better, just that she was just too damn weird to really understand the subtle battle that ran parallel. The alabaster mare then moved to skirt out to the side of Ampere, her body never truly stopping in motion since she tried to bite at Ampere. However, her motion was not as fast as it could be considering that she was fighting the mud just as much as her opponent. Hoping to reach her side, Ophelia tilted her head and tried to stab at Ampere’s tender flank with her horn, and she prayed that the murk was just as suctioning to her as well.

Now that the mare was landed, Ophelia noticed that she was taller, but in this environment, that was not exactly helpful. The white mare’s long, slender legs were better suited to solid ground where her agility and speed would help her gain an advantage. On the other hoof, Ampere was short, stout and built well for fast movements and being difficult to knock off balance. She reminded Ophelia of Kri in body type and a little in sass.

Meanwhile, Tinek moved to dodge the arcs of the imposter dragon, and he flew quickly, spiraling the magic. Once he was sure that he could lock onto the power, the dragon opened his jaws wide and bellowed frost from his lungs, hoping to freeze the magic in its place. One rogue arc managed to catch the end of his scaled tail though, and he yelped, talons grabbing the end to examine the damage. A small, black scorch mark and a few missing scales punctuated his injury.

[(788 words) (1/3) (1 dragon use)

I know this is a day late! I can either have Boom default this, or since I was absent recently, she said we could continue with your permission.]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

A M P E R E

As was habit for the fluorescent mare, she had underestimated her opponent. Not a difficult thing to do when everyone already underestimated her. Perhaps one day she'd learn better.

Ophelia was soft spoken and retained an air of formality that seemed to suggest some sort of royal up-bringing. The eloquence alone made Ampere feel lesser, another constant in her lifetime.
She scoffed at every syllable rolling off the unicorn's tongue. I'll just zap it out of her mouth Ampere thought sullenly.

To give Ophelia credit though, she certainly knew how to handle herself on the battlefield. Albeit, she was predictable, falling into nearly every move Ampere had been expecting.
You can speak pretty all you want, fighting's dirty and you're far too clean to be any good at it.

Ampere could loath Ophelia if she liked, and certainly it would do good to fuel her fire, not that it ever seemed to burn out, but Ampere was no master at battle either. Her traveling companions often bested her, much to her chagrin, and she tended to be reckless and 'showy', as her grandsire had put it, when she fought. All bark and no bite doesn't earn the wolves any food he used to say to her, whatever the hell that even meant.

The first reminder of this truth was the sharp pinch of her flesh between Ophelia's teeth. Well she's got some bite Ampere's mind growled, damn wolf. Her hide scrunched up on the top and bottom, but was not torn completely free as Ophelia had struggled for the reach. In some ways that would hurt more though, the flopping skin to sting with every touch. Already it was bleeding some, but ultimately it was a scratch.

As for their contact, Ampere's hooves did not conduct the shock and she lacked any feathering that may have brushed Ophelia's body. Even if it had touched, Ampere was used to shocks. Not that she wouldn't have been affected, but her response would not have been as great as one who doesn't work daily with electricity.

By then Ampere had her legs from the swamp and was standing. As her eyes darted over her shoulder to find Ophelia's returning smile, so sickeningly sweet, Ampere was fit to burst. A raucous squeal erupted from her chest and she made to lunge right towards Ophelia's left. The mud squelched with her motion, reluctant to let her leave, which significantly slowed her assault and power. Fortunately Ophelia was similarly struggling, though her horn lowered quickly enough. Ampere had appendages not eaten by the mud too.
Wings shot forward, moving down to sweep up and hopefully deflect the horn while Ampere slipped in beside it and tried to jostle into Ophelia's left side. Ampere didn't know much about fighting unicorns, but she knew you didn't want to touch the pointy end, and the best way to do that was to stay beside the other end.

Even wings can bleed though, and so they did.
The horn snagged some of her plumage and punctured the meatier base of wing. Fortunately it was mostly bone and there hadn't been enough force to stab that. A few missing feathers would not do much damage to flight. It was a pain to be sure, like having your hair ripped out of its roots, but it was minor enough to easily push to the back of her mind.

Ampere did not waste time, moving like an erratic electricity herself. Her hind end took on her weight, forehand lifting quickly now that she was closer to a dry bank. Her front hooves aimed to slam at Ophelia's left shoulder, possibly the same that was already kicked, though it would hurt her some also. Her forehand was still twinged from her poor landing in the murk; steady enough to hold her, but perhaps not to punch.
Her teeth unfurled to strike viciously for Ophelia's face, specifically her left eye. Ophelia's head was a reach for Ampere, and rising too high would risk being unbalanced. If Ampere could stop Ophelia from flinging her head up, maybe she'd hit her mark. Wrenching her wings away from their tangle, Ampere shot them out towards Opehlia's head too, hoping to cradle it and disorient Ophelia.

Meanwhile Tinek wrestled with her dragon, a surprising breath of ice jettisoning from his maw. The decreased temperature actually helped conduct the electrical current of her magic. It all occurred so quickly though, that Ampere's dragon became too super-conducted. It shot past Tinek, save that brief kiss on his tail, and impacted into a tree with a fizzle of sparks and flame. Ampere let it dissolve, focused on Ophelia.
But the dragon will come for me now.

Ampere exhaled.

W: 800
2/3

Guh had to cut out 200 some words so hopefully it's all still intact enough to understand xP

You really tested my knowledge of electricity here!

I had to do some research on how conductive a hoof would be, which seemed to be not much, and had to look into whether electricity can freeze or not. It seemed the internet consensus was that at absolute zero it is believed all motion stops, so most likely then electricity could be frozen, but that hasn't yet been experienced.
Apparently colder temperatures actually enable electrical current, or the amps, where as it tends to disable the energy potential, or the volts, hence car batteries not starting well in cold.

So with that I took that Tinek's frost is probably not absolute zero cold, and since Ampere's magic is most like an electrical current, that it would actually help her magic. However, I didn't want it to be counted as a second use since Tinek had already taken damage from it, so I played it off as it became so assisted it shot out of range.

Hope that all makes sense o_o

Ascended Helovian

The charge her body held as Ampere’s hoof collided with her shoulder did not jump; instead, the alabaster mare received a smarting bruise and the static grounded through her system into the non-conducting mirk. Ophelia felt her jaws scrape against black hide, pinching but not tearing the flesh free. She did not have enough force to do so from the angle at which she craned over the top of her opponent’s hip. The bitter taste of blood filled her lips and movement caused her to finally release, the crimson liquid dripping down her pale coat, staining the white fur. She did not know how to feel about causing this type of harm, but Ampere’s attitude made it easier. Instead of responding with self-pity, Ophelia could almost see the blue and black mare burst at the seams with rage. Breaths later, Ophelia tilted her head, aiming to catch Ampere with her horn, but the mare turned and moved so quickly. Now, facing her opponent, she was already prepared when Ampere lunged toward her left side.

Unfortunately, anatomy was limiting. Her horn could not protect the entire left side of her body, and her height proved to be a large disadvantage. Ophelia felt her horn catch in feathers and membrane just as Ampere’s shoulder collided into her side. The icy princess spread her legs as wide as she could to balance herself, but the sheer force sent her sliding into a nearby, rotted tree. One of her hooves caught on something rope-like in the thick grime, and she felt her hindquarters fall onto one of the tree’s roots that clung desperately to a half-way solid bank. Ophelia quickly braced her hind, right leg against the root, using it as leverage to stand against while she regained her balance, but her entire right hip ached from getting smashed. She grunted slightly, wishing she had time to stretch out the screaming muscle, but no; she had wasted enough trying to catch her balance.

All the while, Ophelia knew she needed an edge, something, at least to keep her from getting mauled as she recovered her limbs, but Tinek was occupied. Ophelia, using her hind, right leg against the root and bank as a way to keep her grounded, she threw her body to the left, trying to face her opponent instead of leaving her entire left side open. The alabaster mare lifted her chin, hoping that Ampere would come crashing down on her horn first. Ophelia braced against her back legs with a short cry and try to lift her body, tucking her chin simultaneously. Instead of Ampere’s hooves hitting her face, they tumbled against her chest, scraping off hair and one of them leaving a thick, painful gash. Would her horn do any damage? Curiously she wondered how much she had saved herself from further damage to her left shoulder… The attempted bite aimed wide of her face, and Ophelia had to get out from behind the tree, cornered as she was. Eyes danced from left to right, but she could see not escape that would not leave either her injured left shoulder or her squashed right hip completely open to attack.

Tinek was thoroughly surprised by what his frost did to Ampere’s shock dragon. Instead of freezing it like everything else, he had turned it into a monster! The charge went zooming by, uncontrolled, and hit a nearby tree. He barely escaped its wrath, but his tail was now sporting a shock burn that left thick, black scorch marks along the scales and a bloody patch where it had taken some of the silver plates off entirely. Ophelia waited below for him, cornered, so he tried to shake his confusion as he dived down, tucking his wings to his side to gain momentum. Tinek swooped up and landed briefly on Ophelia’s crown, opening his jaws wide with no hesitation and letting loose a blast of shock.

Ophelia took advantage of the moment, turned to the right and lunged out from behind the tree, spinning to face Ampere and see if Tinek had managed to distract the mare long enough to regroup. She limped on her hind, red leg. The mare was missing hair and bleeding from tiny pinpricks of bark that had lodged into her flesh. She hurt.

[OOC: (716 words) - (2/3) - (2 companion uses used)
Made sense to me! :D ]

A M P E R E

They collided with a small sound that the otherwise silent bog consumed, greedy for noise. Ophelia went staggering away, much to Ampere's surprise. She hadn't thought herself to be moving fast enough to cause that, but perhaps it was more a testament to Ophelia's weakness than Ampere's strength. She cursed the dainty girl under her breath as she tried to follow and stay on Ophelia's left side, wary of the horn.

Ampere slid her haunches around right, trying to stay behind the horn. The slick mud helped with that at least, but her feet proved slower than Ophelia's desperation to keep her at bay. The tip of the pale horn left an angry red line along the right side of Ampere's neck before she ducked out of its range. Her hide opened up a new smile and crimson markings patterned her shoulder where it dripped. It was not deep enough to be fatal, but it had cut some of the muscle and it burned a pain not so easy to ignore. In this swamp it could easily fester - Ampere must be cautious, and faster she thought, gritting her teeth.

With the way Ophelia swung her sword Ampere wasn't sure she would walk away with her life intact. Often in the heat of battle the greater purpose can be forgotten in favor of the immediate desire to win. Ampere knew that overriding sensation far too well.

The hasty scramble to get back beside Ophelia lessened the impact of Ampere's assaults as did Ophelia's shifting, her horn tilting. Ampere stayed out of reach with the pale shoulder, but fumbling as she was her hooves barely struck. Ampere's injured fore smarted, aggravated more so by her quick motion than the passing blow. Grunting with her pain, both the old and the new, Ampere's teeth clipped only air and her wings fell back to her sides.

Though staying distant from Ophelia was perilous, it would be false to say staying beside her was safe.
Wings rustled the air as Tinek dove in, lifting above Ophelia's head like a living crown of the snow princess. Ampere cried out in surprise as a jolt of electricity thrummed from the silver throat.

Hooves scrambled in either direction, Ophelia fleeing the tree while Ampere backpedaled, yanking out strands of her tail as her haunches sucked back so eagerly. The dry bank sloped beneath her, rear hooves splashing into the water. She froze, not the mud. The lightning came like a snake, feasting on the flesh of Ampere's left fore before she could yank it back. Her skin sizzled and her hair smoked, but worst of all was the seizing jolt that run up her limb, numbing it from shoulder down. At least it was some respite from the previous pain, but electricity was not kind and soon enough it would feel like every cord of her muscles were being stabbed as the nerves re-awoke, furious from over-stimulation. It hung like a club from her body as Ampere stood, gaping.

What dragon is this, Ampere thought, barely coherent. Dragons were masters of flame not ice and shock!

"I AM THE LIGHTNING THAT BREATHES!" she screamed, her awe and confusion shifting to fury at Tinek.
As she spoke the tree that Ophelia had snagged herself on rippled. Bark fell away and quivered into blue while roots hummed with new life. The lower half of the tree transformed into blue electricity, roaring into existence as a jaguar that rushed towards Ophelia, leaping with outspread claws to try and grip her flanks and zap a bite into her coup. The upper half of the tree, now without its base (transforming the entirety would have been too much energy/time), now crashed to the swamp away from the horses.

Ampere rushed forward, wings open at her sides. She limped badly, her left fore fumbling awkwardly underneath her, but she needn't go far. With every stride her wings pumped, and as she reached the tree she leapt, wings striking down. The air pulled, but it wasn't enough. Rear legs kicked again, hitting the tree and giving her the shove she needed to go airborne. She labored to stay aloft in this dead air, but she needn't sail long. Ampere banked to her left, meaning to sweep behind and above Ophelia.

Ampere tucked her wings, her right fore aimed at Ophelia's withers as she dove.
The descent was not far and the momentum would not be great, but Ampere hoped to drive Ophelia down into the bog and wrestle her into submission while their lungs threatened to fill with the rotted water. Ophelia's body should give Ampere the more ideal position, but this could prove madness.

So much for keeping cautious.

W: 799
3/3

Ascended Helovian

Pressed against the tree, heart pounding as desperation gripped her muscles, she felt the way her horn slid up the mare’s neck, sliding the charcoal hide. Would the pain be enough to stop the mare from further crushing her against the tree? From making her ribs one with the bark that already bit into her flesh? The impulse from Ampere’s hooves against her chest rattled through her bones, and the gash that crossed through a pectoral was dripping blood that was obviously too polar to mix with the sickeningly thick bog water. What surprised her most was her response to pain. Ophelia knew that her fight and flight instincts were severely limited, but she has never before had to deal with injury- at least not like this. The aching sensation was curious, and the sting brought her teeth clamping together. An odd drive told her that screaming aloud would lessen the ache that froze the muscle, but she knew that could not be true; oh, but it was tempting – to scream.

Tinek tumbled down them to rescue her, to give her an out, and Ophelia took it without thought, scrambling to get around the tree and manage her long, slender and now hindered limbs. The fight forced her muscles to act against self-preservation which urged them to tense, stop, and brace against further attack. Quickly, her strange, dual colored eyes turned back to see Ampere recovering from what she assumed were shock bites, and the distance between them was at least somewhat comfortable. Ophelia watched as smoke plumed from her dark mane and tail, thinking that their figures were starkly opposite. One was short and strong, the other tall and slender. One was winged, the other horned. One was dark and adorned with blue, the other white and adorned with crimson. The pale mare watched, waiting quietly as her opponent recovered, and Ophelia was too inexperienced to take advantage of this moment.

Suddenly, a yell bellowed from her opponent’s throat, and she listened to the words, furrowing her brows. Well, obviously not, considering that my dragon did just the exact thing to yo-. Her thoughts were cut short as she watched with wide, disbelieving eyes a tree shudder off bark and come to life! The same tree that had her pinned before! In the shape of a jaguar made of startlingly vibrant blue, the lower half of the tree lunged her way, claws outstretched and arms wide toward her rear end. Logic told her to lash out with her hind hooves, but the jaguar did not possess a corporeal body. Ophelia, instead, jumped forward and to the left, her hooves getting stuck in the thick murk and slowing her progress. The left paw of the jaguar caught her right, bruised hip, leaving three, searing claw marks that burned into her flesh. If her mind were not white hot and raw with pain, she might have made the note that the cauterized would was better than an open one, but no rational thought could move through such pain.

White of her eyes showed in the corners as crimson and blue rolled to the back, her jaws opened as nothing but a strangled yelp moved past her gray lips. She jerked her hind, right leg up, favoring it until she saw darkness swoop like a shadow of death upward, gaining altitude. What goes up must come down. Ophelia tried to think through the pain, unable to let her limb touch ground without a stabbing sensation catching her in the throat. What goes up must come down. Where was the shadow? The alabaster mare watched as her opponent used a tree as a spring board with a turn of her head to look over her hip, propelling herself upward. What goes up must come down. Ophelia forced her hind leg down with a cry and limped backward, jerking her horn upward. What goes up must come down - impale yourself! The pale mare then danced to the side so that Ampere’s parabolic arch would go mostly over her, limping on her hind right and shuffling her front legs to protect her chest, getting out from under the winged one.

As soon as she was balanced again, Ophelia knew that she had to make one last move, something to secure at least a safe passage away. Tinek was exhausted, and she knew that she could no longer rely on him for help. The alabaster mare took little time in regrouping before making a lunge at her opponent, hopefully, just as her hooves touched the ground. She aimed to impale the dark mare with her white, blood stained horn on her left shoulder, but Ophelia made a sweeping motion with her head to the left, hoping to catch along her barrel and hip as well.

[[(800 words) - (3/3) - (2 companion uses)]]

A M P E R E

Ophelia's horn rose like a mountain in the mists, lonely and distinctive - treacherous.
A cry of alarm sounded from Ampere's lips as she banked swiftly to her right, her left wing flaring open to swerve her dive. It was not fast enough though and her right forelimb still grazed the violent mountain, opening up the flesh on the outside of her cannon.
Blood drizzled behind the faltering plane.

The ground began to rush at her and Ampere knew her altitude was forsaken. Gulping back the fear lodged in her throat she shut her electric eyes and brought in her left wing with a shove, tail feathers flexing, so that she spun about in a barrel roll. It would hopefully cut the pain of the impact by letting her slide rather than crash. In as much as she could Ampere also aimed for swampy waters which should prove softer than dried mud and rot.

The water embraced her with a cold grip and wet applause; waves breaking around her with an echoing rush. Blue eyes flew open in the din of the dead, wings buckling as they fought to gather air and haul her back to the surface. Amidst it all the snow princess darted in for one final jab at an already skewered bull. Like a ghost she dashed in and out, her horn playing against Ampere's ribs like a xylophone.

Ampere didn't feel the hurt at first, her neck bulging as she strained for air and thrashed in the decaying soup. It wasn't until she broke the surface and leapt back onto the bank, her body stretched out in that brief movement, that she felt the gruesome gash in her left side. Couple with all her other injuries and the frenzy of aborted flight at risk of drowning, she lost all her resolve and endurance.

Ampere collapsed on the shore of the graveyard, her legs crumpling beneath her and her body going down heavily - a miracle her wing did not snap under her.
For a time Ampere enjoyed the darkness and the calm of unconsciousness and part of her felt she could enjoy it forever.
Yet another part screamed, NO!

She was not dead, not close to it even, not yet at least. Her wounds would likely fester, the red line on her left barrel especially deep and menacing with all the swamp ooze infecting each curve of the wound. Ampere was merely overwhelmed and despite all her boastful words and witty remarks she was no warrior yet, Taz had always tried to tell her as much.

Smirking into the mud Ampere roused a fair bit later, mildly bewildered but hale enough. Regardless of her surroundings she fled into the skies with a torrent of her wings, the waterproofed feathers sloughing off the dampness of the swamp.

The remaining thought Ampere had as she abandoned the area was that she was beaten by such a dainty girl of all things, how shameful.
Perhaps she'd go back to the Throat for another bath.

W: 509
closing defense

Ampere passes out at the end.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Automatic forfeit of Ampere due to her passing out at the end of the battle.
Ophelia receives 1 VP and has unlocked the battle buff ENDURE.