the Rift

[complete] Smash the Floor [open spar]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia frowned, not having intended to startle the winged beauty, so she paused and waited patiently, strange, dual colored eyes observing with a marked kindness. From what Phi could see, the young mare wore her expressions on her face openly and brightly. She could almost taste the irritation in her words when the mare passed a verbal judgement upon her abilities, calling her a "girl". Ophelia merely smiled. Win or lose, Ophelia had to practice and had to learn, and certainly someone as confident as this winged mare knew exactly what she was doing. "I approached you about the fight, did I not?" she asked, waiting. When she stammered and backtracked over her words about Tinek, Ophelia chuckled. "I admit that I am half as skilled without Tinek, but I do not want to keep him from practice, since you do not mind."

Ampere's sudden movement made Ophelia's figure tends, long legs splaying to keep her balance in case she collided into her figure. A current ran through the water of the swamp that made the hair on her fetlocks stand on end, and she briefly turned her head to see massive orbs of electricity form into the shape of a dragon, hovering in flight with arcing dipoles shooting from flapping wings. The alabaster mare had to done one of them, leaping from the murk onto a somewhat dry bank, though the static in the air made her mane nearly stand on end. She could feel the pulsing charge lightly caress her skin, preparing to snap, and she wondered if this power would work against Ampere? Was Ophelia charged enough to zap the creator of this power? Curiosity won out, and she quickly turned her attention back to Ampere who was fast approaching. Tinek’s silver figure moved to try and take care of the magic.

Ophelia tucked her chin to her chest, reading her horn to impale when the winged one snapped open the feathered appendages and flew out of range. The alabaster mare grunted in irritation and quickly leapt diagonally forward and out of the way from the hovering mare. Better to not be directly under a flighted creature, she thought, let they fall from the sky. In doing so, the mud that was supposedly flung at her face hit her side instead, and Ophelia felt it slime down her side. The mare was not so concerned with her appearance as the rather grotesque sensation. The winged one was parachuting down now, and Ophelia lunged forward, hooves finding more purchase on her dry patch then deep in the murk.

Hind hooves flashed at her, and Ophelia slid through the mud, throwing her body to the side and attempting to dodge the kick. Ampere's hooves landed on her upper shoulder (did she shock Ampere, she wondered?), but Ophelia was closer now, and she craned her neck over, smarting as her bruised muscle stretched, to aim a bite right on top of Ampere's croup. When she glanced haughtily over her shoulder, Ophelia merely smiled again, not partaking in the catty battle. Though, that was not because Ophelia thought herself as better, just that she was just too damn weird to really understand the subtle battle that ran parallel. The alabaster mare then moved to skirt out to the side of Ampere, her body never truly stopping in motion since she tried to bite at Ampere. However, her motion was not as fast as it could be considering that she was fighting the mud just as much as her opponent. Hoping to reach her side, Ophelia tilted her head and tried to stab at Ampere’s tender flank with her horn, and she prayed that the murk was just as suctioning to her as well.

Now that the mare was landed, Ophelia noticed that she was taller, but in this environment, that was not exactly helpful. The white mare’s long, slender legs were better suited to solid ground where her agility and speed would help her gain an advantage. On the other hoof, Ampere was short, stout and built well for fast movements and being difficult to knock off balance. She reminded Ophelia of Kri in body type and a little in sass.

Meanwhile, Tinek moved to dodge the arcs of the imposter dragon, and he flew quickly, spiraling the magic. Once he was sure that he could lock onto the power, the dragon opened his jaws wide and bellowed frost from his lungs, hoping to freeze the magic in its place. One rogue arc managed to catch the end of his scaled tail though, and he yelped, talons grabbing the end to examine the damage. A small, black scorch mark and a few missing scales punctuated his injury.

[(788 words) (1/3) (1 dragon use)

I know this is a day late! I can either have Boom default this, or since I was absent recently, she said we could continue with your permission.]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ophelia - 02-15-2013, 11:41 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ampere - 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ophelia - 03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ampere - 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ophelia - 03-30-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ampere - 04-02-2013, 02:44 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ophelia - 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ampere - 04-15-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Official - 04-19-2013, 05:15 PM