the Rift

With Hearts Cast Down [Open]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

His gaze lowered to her meet her eyes as she looked up at him, contemplation evident on his face as he pondered her question. He had seen much of the world, and yet despite his extensive travels he had never come across the ‘end’ of the world. He wondered if such a place existed, or if the world simply went on forever and ever; perhaps she would help him find out someday. “Yes, I have,” his voice trailed off in thought as his gaze rose to the taught horizon line, “if there even is such a thing.” A smile curled on his lips as he admired the pastel blush of the sunset, stretching upwards into the night sky as darkness fell around them.

As the stars began to appear overhead, his iridescent markings began to light up as well, glowing dimly against the coal-black of his coat. He nodded at her words, his thoughts returning to his own days among a herd. He wasn’t sure what life was like as a scholar, but he had been under immense pressure as a captain of his fleet; he imagined her own schedule was tight, as well. Now, he had almost all the freedom he wanted, with little else to bind him to promises or other duties. He nodded slightly, tipping his head lower as he shifted his weight in the softening snow. A warm breeze played through his mane and tail, a simple reminder of summer when little else indicated the warm season around them.

It had been years since he had put aside the time to watch the sunset, and the last time he had done so he was with his mother. He wondered how his family was doing, and how things had changed since he had been forced to leave them behind. As a colt, he had been unable to imagine life without his family; after his father died and he was separated from the fleet, he was forced to come face to face with reality and come to terms with the harshness of life. He had found his footing in Helovia, though, and he was glad that he had found stability and support in the black mare.

He returned his attention to the situation at hand as he noticed Chernobyl look up into his eyes, shifting against his side as she tested her injured ankle. Silently, he met her gaze, listening to the soothing tones of her voice as she spoke. A bright smile split across his lips as he studied her, all previous troubles forgotten as he looked into her dark eyes. “As am I.” His voice was low and soft as he leaned toward her, touching his velvet nose against the smooth muscle of her neck with closed eyes.

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Chernobyl - 02-12-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Murdock - 02-12-2013, 02:30 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Chernobyl - 02-13-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Murdock - 02-14-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Chernobyl - 02-15-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Murdock - 02-15-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Chernobyl - 02-16-2013, 12:51 AM