A Coward practicing Courage [Archibald]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

No
I'm not a failure
I've got something to prove

It was the small things that the Dauntless noticed that made him a powerful adversary, aside from his muscle and experience. It was just a slight twitch of the muscle, such an unnoticed thing by many, that alerted Archibald to the unicorn’s shaken resolve. Snorting, the warlord tucked his chin tighter into his neck, golden eyes narrowed in on Roland as he barreled towards him. The thoroughbred danced, moving one way and then the opposite with ease, and Archibald flicked his tail eagerly against his hind pillars. With his weight focused backwards, Archibald waited until Roland was next to him. Lifting his front end off the ground enough to jump into Roland as the unicorn struck out to bite him Archibald attempted to crash his left shoulder into his opponent’s right. Roland’s teeth fell on Archibald’s lower ribcage, where his flesh is thin, and ripped a small portion of it off. Pain stung Archibald’s left side and he gritted his teeth, though his muscles were prepared for possible impact against Roland.

The thoroughbred was quick, and he turned on his heels to lift up and strike at Archibald’s left. Archibald’s front hooves made contact with the solid earth below him for a second—just enough time for him to push himself off again. Twisting his body, Archibald felt the impact of Roland's hooves on his left shoulder. Gritting his teeth, Archibald reminded himself not to suck in a hold a breath, for this air was thin, and he pressed on wards, despite the pain in his thick shoulder.

Collecting his balance, Archibald followed Roland as quickly as he could. The unicorn turned to look back at Archibald, and the Dauntless struck out with his teeth then. His bite aimed for the middle of the younger stallion’s croup, hoping to land a bite that matched or outweighed the bite Roland had left on his own ribcage. The earth beneath Archibald was hard, his footing easy. There were no obstacles that kept him from chasing Roland, nothing the Dauntless had to dodge. Archibald had lived in Helovia for such a long time, he knew the Heavenly Fields like his own body. The black warrior could maneuver this land blind; his hooves had touched the field so many times. The sun raged above them, warming the Dauntless as he moved. Soon, he would sweat. Archibald controlled his breathing, keeping his lungs and heart under control to move rhythmically.

[WC: 403 | ½ | BBs: Swift and Bulk]

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Coward practicing Courage [Archibald] - by Archibald - 03-11-2013, 09:12 PM