the Rift

Parched [Vikram]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
I hope your trust is not misplaced, Akaith.
You know that it is not only I who trusts him.
Oh, my dear, I trust him, but not like I trust you, or my kin.

Perhaps you should try.

Indeed, the mare had grown still, and the surprise at his quick assessment of her only added to the feelings of disconcert, though her façade barely showed it, perhaps a glint of sharp warning shone through her golden eyes as she seemed to refresh her gaze upon him – but then again it could have simply been the way the light filtered through the leaves above. His powers of perception were probably equal to her own, though she was reluctant to ever admit such a thing. He was intelligent, and had always attracted her attention, and she was slowly coming to terms with the fact that he held a more significant chunk of her heart than she cared to consider for too long, for fear of – rejection? Conflict? Hurt? – she wasn’t even sure. Never had she dealt with that particular emotion in this magnitude or context before.

Akaith spoke the truth, as always, revealing that the mare indeed trusted this stallion in particular, with her life and more. Had he been wholly dragon, the queen herself knew she would have selected him as a mate – as it was, he was a bronze stallion, his equine half making him all the more interesting (particularly in Mirage’s eyes), and the dragon longed for her bonded to realise and accept those troublesome emotions; but that was something even the queen was not capable of doing. No, Mirage had to accept the feelings within herself before she even considered exposing them outright to another being, particularly a being towards whom the feelings were being projected. And the mare was a stubborn one, stubbornly blind, it would seem. The stallion seemed to explain away his assessment of her, but she barely believed him – she knew that brush of a foreign consciousness against her own was indeed, him.

“She does not lend her abilities out often.” Understatement of the century. “I was taken by surprise.” To say the least. “I’ve never had need to doubt her decisions.” Sharp eyes seemed to intensify their gaze upon him, before almost immediately softening to an affectionate, playful quirk. “I am glad that I am not given cause to doubt her today.” Once again, the mare was internally astonished at the ease in which she was able to admit hints of her affections for the steed openly, though she did wonder at his reaction to them, she was optimistic; he had never given her cause to think that he would deny her anything.

Akaith purred her draconic purr as Vikram showed suitable gratitude for her proclamation, but of course he should be thankful, her ego boasted to Mirage, her long reptilian nape arching as she grew just a little bit over-smug. Brusquely she gently bopped Vikram upon his pelted nose, quipping a sharp chirp with her vocals before mentally shooting another arrow of thought at them; show your gratitude by being the student I know you are capable of being. The golden one then diverted her vision elsewhere, across the pool of water they sat by, tilting her scaled cranium as her ears listened to the surrounding wildlife. Silently, she looked to her bonded, before bumping her nose against Vikram, and after taking a few steps away to avoid her wings clashing against him, took off, muttering something about hunting to Mirage – the suspected she thought Vikram might like to replenish his strength on more than just water and grass. The inky, shadow of a mare watched her take her leave, the fondness for her companion just as strong and clear as the day they bonded.

“We live in a strange world, Vikram. One where Gods throw tantrums, dragons and horses share a bond most unique, creatures of all forms live in harmony (or not), and yet; the same laws of survival still apply, and I find myself wanting to change, to shape this world we live in. But I do not know where to begin.” It was a seemingly random speech, and a long, deep sigh followed it, the mare peering out over the crimson pool, her bodice giving the appearance of relaxation and yet she was always ready to jump to action should it be required.

Messages In This Thread
Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-09-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-12-2012, 02:40 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-12-2012, 05:27 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-14-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-16-2012, 07:03 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-18-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-19-2012, 04:50 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-19-2012, 05:13 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-20-2012, 06:40 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-24-2012, 03:30 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-24-2012, 05:47 AM