the Rift

A New Breeze

Cythraul Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Cythraul smiled at the two and took another drink from the stream. Lifting his head again, he looked at the mare and stallion, then went to one of the three beds and laid down in it, dark red coat shining in the light.

He laid his head on the ground and shut his eyes, his mane pooling around his body. He let out a yawn and blinked sleepily at them.
"I've been up for two days straight. My apologies for my tiredness."

The black eyes of the stallion closed again, and he took a deep breath, letting it out in a sigh. The thundering beat of his heart, steady and slow and strong, slowed even more as his breathing evened out and he slipped into the land of dreams.

His well-muscled but lithely built body pushed through the branches, his horns gleaming in the moonlight. The mare waited in the clearing, her horns shining in the light. The silver beams from the moon caught on her gorgeous silver paint coloring, making her glow. Her horns, silver like the splashes on her body, reflected the light and cast it out at him.

He smiled and gave a soft whinny, her head whipped towards him and she reared, giving a neigh of happiness. He galloped to her and brought his head to hers, making sure his horns did not stab her. He pulled back and pushed his muzzle to her round stomach. She nickered softly, and he brought his head up, black eyes full of affection. The mare's eyes were a deep forest green, shining with love and happiness.

"My love, it's been too long." "Two days." She sighed, shutting her eyes and nuzzling him. "Oh, love, I am here now, we will never be parted again." She smiled, and then frowned a little. "Cythraul... I had the dream again. It got more vivid. You must promise me you'll move on if it happens." "It won't." He said, voice hoarse with agony. "It can't. I won't let it." She gave him a sad smile, and her eyes trailed over the stallion she loved, memorizing every line of his body.

His eyes were occupied as well, memorizing that night and every detail of it. The mare finally found their eyes locked together again, but something caught her peripheral vision. The black stallions from her dream advanced, their razor-sharp horns gleaming in the moonlight. She pushed her mate, the love-of-her-life, and whispered, "Run. Only one of us can escape this night."

Cythraul glared at the oncoming unicorn stallions. There were four of them, come to destroy his beloved mate and the foal growing within her. He'd been alone for all his life before meeting her nine months ago, and three months after they'd met, she had been impregnated by him, and now carried his offspring. These stallions were all enemies of his from his pre-Helovia life, and now that he'd found happiness, they wanted to take it from him.

Two of them rushed him, and he lowered his head, horns plunging through the chest of the first. The second unicorn slammed his shoulder into Cythraul's side and knocked him off balance. "Run, Cameria, run!" He screamed, cutting the other stallion's throat with his horns. Wheeling around, he gouged a hole in the side of the third stallion.

By the time he turned to the fourth stallion, he was standing over his mate, about to stamp a hoof through her ribs to finish her off. Cythraul rushed him desperately, slamming into the stallion's side and sinking his horns into the body of the enemy, until his forehead hit flesh, and he kept running for a few minutes.

Yanking away, he ran back to his beloved Cameria and laid down at her back, laying his head across her neck. "Beloved, stay with me." He begged. "Please, please, Cameria, please! I could not bear to never hear your sweet voice again!"

Tears poured down the stallion's face as his Cameria closed her beautiful eyes for the last time, letting out a breath. Her heartbeat stopped, and he screamed his horror and pain. He lay there for a week until he was emaciated and could barely stand. His darling mate lay dead and decayed on the ground. He tore his gaze away and started walking, then galloping away, tears flying from his eyes.

Messages In This Thread
A New Breeze - by Brisa - 02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: A New Breeze - by Cythraul - 02-14-2013, 01:29 PM
RE: A New Breeze - by Arrane - 02-14-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: A New Breeze - by Brisa - 02-14-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: A New Breeze - by Cythraul - 02-15-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: A New Breeze - by Arrane - 02-16-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: A New Breeze - by Brisa - 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: A New Breeze - by Cythraul - 02-16-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: A New Breeze - by Arrane - 02-17-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: A New Breeze - by Brisa - 02-18-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: A New Breeze - by Cythraul - 02-18-2013, 01:22 PM