the Rift

perspicacity, open

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Azale Moniet

The light clip-clop of Azale's little hooves echoed throughout the Edge. The filly's bright, orange eyes devoured everything in sight. The naive wanting for knowledge burned in her glowing orbs, for the foal was young and wanted experience. She wanted to experience everything that was life.

Azale's stride was long and flowing, her small tufts of mane shimmering in the sunlight. She was a pretty little girl who was anxious for the company of her herd. What was the point in being in a herd if you had no one to talk to? No friends or good allies? If she wanted a life without any of that, the filly would simply become an outcast. After all, she wouldn't have to fight anyone's battles but her own.

But she knew she couldn't do that. She had too much family in the herds to simply leave them behind and be on her own for good. Although it was tempting, Azale loved her family more than anything else in the world. Leaving them behind would break her heart.

And that was why she was determined to meet someone; to make friends within the herd. She wanted to stay with her family, but with no one else to talk to, she saw no point in being in the herd. Azale slowed her pace, gradually halting in the forest. She let a small whinny escape her pale lips, a call for companionship.

"talk talk talk"
[Image: 511c499da2515]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

My foals are nearby but even I sometimes need a little patch of quiet while they frolick, and so I sigh easily and begin to graze, teeth cropping the rich green grass and my ears flitting back and forth to quietly listen for romping creatures. The sun is high and warm on my white back, heat seeping into every inch of my body, giving me a lazy pleasure in life. It's relaxing, under the warm eye of the Sun God, enjoying the simple joy of life. No worries, no concerns, no vexations or confusion.

Many minutes pass in this placid manner, when a clarion whinny disrupts the relative quiet, apart from the high songs of the twittering birds, and I lift my head, teeth still chewing the last blades of grass. "Hello!" I call out in return, and find myself moving quietly towards the source of the sound through the thick shrubbery of the forest. I find a filly, small and delicate, hardly older than a half-year, give or take; her coat is pearl white, like mine, except her legs are embroidered with twisting red-gold designs, and her eyes are a crisp orange, a sweet orange. Most intriguing of all, I personally think, are her wings; great affairs, pure white, and four of them, not just the common two. She smells pleasantly of Edge, and I smile warmly at her. Speaking of which, I still need to discuss if I've joined the herd or not- for I'm on this ground far too much if I'm not, and there's still so much confusion over it.

I need to speak with Mirage. "I'm Tor," I offer politely, a warm smile upon my pale features; "Who are you, young one?"

TOR
Without each other, we are all lost- so keep yourself together, and stay with me

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Deceased
Emily

Azale Moniet

The sight of the new mare sparks up excitement in Azale. Her orange eyes lit up, looking up at the white and brown mare. The new mare smelled of Edge, her coat was ivory; like her own, with few patches of brown covering her flank. The mare, Tor she said her name was, looked kind and approachable. Definitely someone worth befriending.

The smell of milk was another thing about Tor that caught Azale's attention. Her stomach seemed a perfectly normal size, though. The filly simply had to assume this Tor was a mother. The thought of being a mother had never occurred to the filly, but she wasn't sure she'd like it. Azale got along fine with her siblings, that much was true, but she didn't want to take responsibility for anymore horses.

"Hi, Tor!" Azale piped, prancing in place and fluttering her smaller pair of pale wings. They did nothing to help her fly, but were a pretty embellishment. "My name is Azale Moniet, but you can call me Azale," She giggled, still prancing excitedly. Could she have a new friend?

"talk talk talk"

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

The mare, no, filly, certainly does not seem depressed, proffering me an exceedingly warm smile, as if sensing I am likely one of the kindest souls throughout Helovia. The very idea of hurting Xanthos had nearly torn my spirit to pieces, yet for the sake of my beliefs I had gone through with the challenge, as backwards as that may seem to be. I guess it was... erratic of me to do so, but I had done my best, even if my best was not good enough. I could still recall the blistering pain as I had closed pale teeth around his long silver horn, the white sword slicing through my mouth, widening a clean hole. I still bore a small, circular scar if one were to look; I had healed myself shortly after the battle.

I resisted the urge to shudder at the memory of that fateful dawn. I wonder if Mirage knew of my attempt to save her, even if it failed- the very first time I had fought. I was surprised, still, at how well I did for being a healer. Fighting was simply not me; my parents had never pressured me to become a mighty warrior anyways. My family wasn't sexist, but neither did they fully support mares becoming warriors; most of the females in my family were healers or horses who simply lived. Life in the tundra was exceedingly simplistic compared to the wild magics and strange beasts roaming Helovia.

I return the filly's grin, happy to see such a bright spirit. "Hello, Azale. How old are you, sweetie?"

TOR
Without each other, we are all lost- so keep yourself together, and stay with me

Deceased
Emily

Azale Moniet

Azale hadn't stopped her prancing, she simply couldn't. Her excitement to have company was brimming through her pristine, high pitched voice and glowing orange eyes. The filly's smaller set of wings continued to flap madly, clearly not large enough to help her in flight. She had often wondered if her true father had two sets of wings. Well, he had to, didn't he? After all, her mother was deprived of wings, as well as the rest of the family. Azale felt so different from them, all she really wanted was to fit in...

No. She had to stop thinking like that. Azale's family loved her just the way she was, and that didn't mean she necessarily had to change to fit in with them. She would get her magic, and that would be more than enough for her. Well, she hoped it would.

The filly quickly turned her thoughts on Tor's question, looking up at the mare with large, round eyes. "I'm a whole six months old!" Azale proclaimed with a large, proud smile plastered on her pale face. The pale filly was quite proud of her age, for not everyone had walked upon Loorien as long as she had.

"How old are you, miss Tor?" Azale cocked her head, innocence blinding the little girl. She knew not of many manners, except the few she had picked up from Torasin. Sadly, knowing not to ask full grown mares for their age wasn't one of the manners she had learned from the stallion she often considered her father.

"talk talk talk"

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily

The sound of voices broke through the daydreaming of the golden paint. Gently she nuzzled her belly, noticing how fast it was beginning to grow. Much faster than it has during her pregnancy with Aaron and Azale. Was the foal going to be bigger than his or her siblings? Or was there more than one child growing with in? It was possible after all. It was common knowledge that Torasin had two sons, twins with another mare. She herself was a fraternal twin to her brother Aderes. Her mind was caught yet again in a daydream, thinking of the possibility of more than one child. Sure she had wanted another child and so had Torasin... But two?

Her mind then moved around to the two children she currently had. Aaron, strong and powerful. At the thought of him she smiled. How proud she was of him, even if he had hurt her by returning to the Foothillls. He was right however, at three years old he did need to strike out on his own. He had spent far to long looking after her and trying to prove he was a good son. Perhaps she had not done enough when he was little to show him this...

Then there was Azale... The child she had at first thought could of been a mistake. The unusual pegasus child born out of a one night stand. Solstice had been lonely, and regretted the entire affair at first. It had been Soleil that brought the mother to her senses. The guilty feeling of moving on after Ataraxia had disappeared for a while now. His had allowed her to focus of raising both children, and her heart to mend slightly. Had this allowed her feelings for Torasin to come to the surface? At the thought of the golden tobanio knight, the golden maiden blushed. Sure her face did not show such an emotion, but she could feel her face grow warm.

It was the voices that brought her back out of her thoughts again. I'm a whole six months old! Her baby girl! Azale was back in World's Edge! The paint wondered if she had finished her quest or if she was just taking a break. After all the filly hadn't really told her what she was up to anyway. She quickly stood, finding it a bit harder to move about with her slightly more swollen belly. At least she was used to this feeling, just not this soon. At once she headed off towards the sound of the voices. Solstice did not have to go far to find the pair who had been talking. There stood another paint mare and Azale. She arrived right as Azale asked Miss Tor her age. Slowly she stepped up to stand at her daughter's right side. Softly with a laugh the golden paint spoke. "Azale, you always have been the curious one haven't you? She affectionately nibbled the filly's growing mane. Wow... Torasin was right. Azale was growing into a beautiful young mare...Even if it had all happened so fast.

talk talk talk

SOLSTICE
This might end up like it should
Image Credits

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

My smile widens into a grin as the little mare flaps her smaller wings, faster and faster, as if she might just take off- but she doesn't, unless 'taking off' counts for her bouncing around. Will my twins be like that when I'm older? So excited? Maybe they will take more after me and Destrier. We are very calm, after all, and thoughtful. I don't think we are strict, or tight-lipped, but we don't carry the sense of never-ending joy around with us. Destrier had to be able to keep his head in battle, and I had to keep my head in case of hysterical patients. Maybe I was too quiet for my children. Would that be bad for them? I thought myself maternal... oh dear. I'm fretting again.

Six months old. So my children would be this excited and crazy at six months. Okay, plenty of time to go, luckily. "That is old, sweetie." I smile, and try to hide my surprise at her questioning my age. I assume she is not aware that it is rude to ask adults this question, particularly mares, but I don't mind. Eight years old isn't ancient, after all, though I suspect Azale Moniet would take as that. Young ones see older ones as so much older sometimes. "Well, sweetie, it's not good to ask adults their age, okay? It's rude. But I'm eight years old."

My ears prick as the rustling of leaves and grass gives way to another mildly familiar scent, Edge scent- Solstice. Pale gold and white, just as I had been gray and white before being enveloped in alabaster and cream. Her belly was round, heavy, and I open up a smile. "Pregnant, Solstice?" I inquire gently. "My two were born a few days ago. Actually, I should be getting back to them soon." I glance around with a sigh. They were just around the bend, really, but still, I enjoyed little Azale and her tricks. Just one more minute, I tell myself.

Solstice is so gentle and understanding with Azale. I hope I can be that too one day.

TOR

Deceased
Emily

Azale Moniet

A blush crosses the little filly's pale features as she realized her mistake. Of course, you couldn't see her cheeks turn red, but they were certainly growing hot. Azale flicked her ears back and smiles up at Tor, almost as if asking for forgiveness. "Sorry, Miss Tor," She spoke hesitantly, her orange orbs flicking to the ground, then back up at Tor. Maybe she would seek Torasin out after this meeting and ask him for a lesson in manners.

Azale's thoughts were quickly dismissed as she heard the sounds of another approaching horse. Two friends in one day?! What luck! Her orange eyes gaze in the direction of the new horse, but she starts to pick up a familiar scent. No, a more than familiar scent.

"Mommy!" Azale squeals when she sees her mother, Solstice. Her eyes devour the look of her mother, and something about her seemed terribly wrong. Her white and gold stomach was large and round, but Azale dismissed this pretty quickly as well. She had probably just eaten one too many dandelions, right? Yes, of course.

The filly touches her muzzle to her mother's in greeting as she nibbles at her little mane, and comments on her curiosity. Another heated blush crosses her face as she giggles. She was lost in a blissful moment of mother-daughter bonding until she heard Tor say her mother was pregnant. Pregnant. That meant Solstice hadn't been eating dandelions, she was just expecting more children. Another brother or sister to play with, how wonderful!

"Really, mommy?!" Azale squeals again with even more excitement evident in her voice. "Who's the daddy?" She immediately inquired, orange eyes glowing exuberantly. A grin resided on her small muzzle as she looked up to her mother expectantly.

"talk talk talk"

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily

The pregnant dove could not help but relax further in the presence of Tor and Azale. Azale's joy filled greeting brought a huge smile to the mare's face. Inside her belly, she could feel the movement of the unborn child. What happened next was a huge surprise. She winced softly as a strong hoof kicked the inside of her belly on the right side, when not a second later the experienced mother felt the softer kick of another hoof on the left. Aaron nor Azale had ever been able to turn around that fast... Was this little one gifted with speed or was there the chance that... Was she carrying twins?!

It was the voices of both Tor and Azale that snapped the dove back to the present. Gently she returned the touch to her daughter's muzzle while Tor asked if she was indeed pregnant. No sooner that Tor had spoken those words the curious little Azale was asking if it was true and who the father was. Her face flushed hot for a moment, before she answered them both. "Yes I am indeed pregnant. What did you call your little ones Tor? She paused for only a moment and nuzzled Azale's neck gently before raising her head and speaking again. "You're going to be a big sister, and the Daddy is Torasin. She paused again, trying to think how to best word what they had talked about. "Were going to be a family now, you, Torasin, Aaron, the new baby, and I. I'm going to leave it up to you and Aaron to decide what you wish to call Torasin." In her heart the gold fem already knew Aaron would never call anyone else Dad, no one but Ata would ever fill that spot for him. But at least for Azale and the new baby they had a chance... A chance she had never had. To grow up with a family.

talk talk talk

SOLSTICE
This might end up like it should
Image Credits

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
[Pulling Tor from this thread- don't want to hold anyone up and too busy for it :( She just said goodbye]