the Rift

perspicacity, open

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

My smile widens into a grin as the little mare flaps her smaller wings, faster and faster, as if she might just take off- but she doesn't, unless 'taking off' counts for her bouncing around. Will my twins be like that when I'm older? So excited? Maybe they will take more after me and Destrier. We are very calm, after all, and thoughtful. I don't think we are strict, or tight-lipped, but we don't carry the sense of never-ending joy around with us. Destrier had to be able to keep his head in battle, and I had to keep my head in case of hysterical patients. Maybe I was too quiet for my children. Would that be bad for them? I thought myself maternal... oh dear. I'm fretting again.

Six months old. So my children would be this excited and crazy at six months. Okay, plenty of time to go, luckily. "That is old, sweetie." I smile, and try to hide my surprise at her questioning my age. I assume she is not aware that it is rude to ask adults this question, particularly mares, but I don't mind. Eight years old isn't ancient, after all, though I suspect Azale Moniet would take as that. Young ones see older ones as so much older sometimes. "Well, sweetie, it's not good to ask adults their age, okay? It's rude. But I'm eight years old."

My ears prick as the rustling of leaves and grass gives way to another mildly familiar scent, Edge scent- Solstice. Pale gold and white, just as I had been gray and white before being enveloped in alabaster and cream. Her belly was round, heavy, and I open up a smile. "Pregnant, Solstice?" I inquire gently. "My two were born a few days ago. Actually, I should be getting back to them soon." I glance around with a sigh. They were just around the bend, really, but still, I enjoyed little Azale and her tricks. Just one more minute, I tell myself.

Solstice is so gentle and understanding with Azale. I hope I can be that too one day.

TOR
Without each other, we are all lost- so keep yourself together, and stay with me

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
perspicacity, open - by Azale Moniet - 02-14-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: perspicacity, open - by Tor - 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: perspicacity, open - by Azale Moniet - 02-14-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: perspicacity, open - by Tor - 02-14-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: perspicacity, open - by Azale Moniet - 02-16-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: perspicacity, open - by Solstice - 02-17-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: perspicacity, open - by Tor - 02-18-2013, 10:59 AM
RE: perspicacity, open - by Azale Moniet - 02-19-2013, 01:28 AM
RE: perspicacity, open - by Solstice - 02-22-2013, 01:41 AM
RE: perspicacity, open - by Tor - 02-22-2013, 06:39 PM