the Rift

[COMPLETE] fight the flames if you dare [Kri challenge]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
In the wake of Azzuen's death, I had grown increasingly more solemn as the days dragged onward, an endless onslaught of grey. There was less color in the desert than ever before, as if the life had been sapped away by the great stream of light that blessed me for my kind words and heart. It is not often I am praised for my kindness, but this might be a lesson for any who doubt that deep inside the ravenous bitch is a heart which bleeds easily. Right now, it is still bleeding for the General I trusted as my own brother. There were no tears to be shed, no eulogy to be written, no gravestones to mark the wave where his noble body had fallen. I had nothing left to give for the stallion, nothing but mournful thoughts and a less vibrant appearance. I was dull, clinging to life out of habit, looking for strands of normalcy which floated in and out, but normalcy could not be found. A piece of my heart had gone missing.

Still, I am never weak.

The great cry of war peels across my land, tearing it in two from my position up in the lofty skies, falling in opposite of the great storm toward the South, the Oasis. A sudden fear that Tio had collected an army with impossible speed, or Ktulu the Monster had forsaken my agreement with Ophelia. Tilting on determined wings, I move as a fast wave of chocolate driven by the wind I held ties with, sailing easily upon the wind toward the edge of my home. About midway from my former position to the border, I see no army, no slew of bodies rushing forward colliding with one another, but one single golden body, flames of red upon his wings. A piss ant crawling around on my floors, waiting for me to come and fight him for my position.

Immediately, the panic my family would be in jeopardy today is shifted to one of vehemence tainted with betrayal. Heavy oceans churn in my eyes, glowing with hot embers embedded deep below. Life, which had been little more than a script lately, came rushing back and forced fire back into my face, returned color to my pelt. I am angry at this fool, who would tear more holes in my family after the presence of our beloved General has already ripped a scar across the chest of this land. What the Dragon's Throat needed in this period of mourning was not a new leader but stability. I will die before I allow this chaos to ensnare my home. I answer his call with my own brusque voice, like any prideful stallion, deep in sound and vibrant in meaning, yet still the screech of a harpy who would be quick after your heels. I would make Azzaron regret his existence, as he has now removed himself from my list of kin. Now, he was a threat to the peace I tried so hard to retain.

Downward, my wings drive me, a tight spiral as I push from behind with the wind, driving me quick and straight downward, an arrow for his back, much like the knife he stabbed through mine. It mattered little if he saw me approaching, for with the wind upon my side, I would be faster of flight than any in the skies, much less on hoof. It was too late for the fool to run now; the shrew has arrived. Some twenty feet from the air, my wings fly out horizontally, tilting me more sideways I drag up the wind under them, changing my angle to steady me, becoming more parallel with the ground and not threatening my life or limb with colliding hard on the dirt. I keep my pace, my speed, allowing the wind to drive me sharp and hard, front hooves extended like violent swords, toward the left side of the golden brute. My aim is vaguely his barrel, though I wouldn't mind snapping his wing joint and making him an easy ground bound target, none of my strength held back for the enemies of my family. With violent force, I snap my teeth open and toward the neck of the marauder as I would collide into him, should he not dodge from my reach before we meet. I am a wave of mutilation, and he the shore which I will tear apart in mournful glee. Let his blood stain the earth to cleanse the sin he would bring to this land today.

Let me bury him under it.

[ WC: 798; 1/4; 0/2.
Wind magic used in this post is passive.
Buffs: Bulk and Swift. ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: fight the flames if you dare [Kri challenge] - by Kri - 02-15-2013, 10:24 AM