the Rift

I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Meditation and prayer for long lengths of time more often than not caused the speaker to become drowsy. But the sleep issued from tirelessly meditating wasn’t the normal slumber that happened during the evening hours of night. It was much lighter, untainted by dreams and blessed by heaven. Sleep that was content in giving tired hearts the rest they deserved.

How could I simply not adore this place? There was a bright afternoon sky to play in, and the rays from a hot summer sun are surprisingly warm and inviting. Up here, among the clouds and the gathering mist I could truly feel alone with my thoughts, and temperature here was a relief compared to the blistering heat of the desert. I had come to realize that this mountain was my favorite place for worship or just getting away from the hustle of everyday life. My eyes had just started to close also, heart slow and steady; breathe lolling into a pattern of sleep.

When suddenly a bellow, loud and curiously demanding echoed through the valley. Its tones ignited attention and shattered peace. Coal ears had already slapped skull long before my head had the chance to flick round and see who had so proudly destroyed my chances at a nap. Barely visible because of the distance and lingering fog, a pale figure appeared to be standing in the open field. Waiting for an answer. My feelings slowly went from a scowl of annoyance to one of consideration, touching upon the desire to test this other warrior who so boasted a fight right here and now.

It has been many days since my last spar, and training was always beneficial in the long run. Besides, what did I have to lose? Plus, as an added bonus it would provide a little entertainment for us both; a thought that made my heart sing with delight. Raising muzzle to the sky, my own trumpeting call erupts from chest and bursts past my throat to answer his challenge. I started toward him, with sluggish steps that soon grew brisk with each moment as the drowsy wore off and distance between us closed. My body had been dwelling in the pits of grief not too long ago, but I had recently found new life and instead of letting shoulders, breast, and quarters hang; I carried them with respectful showing.

When we stood comfortably apart face to face, about 20 feet or so, I stopped altogether. A humorous smile tugged my lips apart, and white plumage flicked my hindquarters out of excitement. Being a very traditional sort of fellow I dipped my head and gave a simple greeting coupled with a question that wouldn’t require verbal answer, “Good afternoon friend…..shall we get right to it then?” I take a moment to take all that he is in, the delicate curve of leg and frame. Head seemed far too breakable to uptop the body of a horse, his height lightly measured over me. As usual.

Maybe it was the excitement, or perhaps it was eagerness to get off haunches and do something productive. Either way. I didn’t wait for his answer, instead my wings unfurled as fast as they might and thrust down to ignite body toward heaven. A rushing thrill instantly fills me to the brim, nothing gives more enjoyment than having your soul caressed by naked air. Totally dependent upon your own strength and maneuverability; Kri had only recently opened my eyes to the joys of aerial combat, and I was loving every second of it. The breeze flicked my hair with gentle tease, lifting it up until it fell across my neck in a wild mess. Humorous beam widened and turned very nearly smug.

How do you like them apples?

Brows narrow with calculating judgment, and a plan gives shape. Feeling rather confident in my abilities to be a worthy opponent my neck and both forelimbs extend toward the Arabian. Feathers thrust for a head-on/fly over attack. My teeth open and head twists down in passing to make attempt at grazing anything ahead of his hindquarters, to feel my teeth scrap over his poll or crest would be wonderful, or maybe I could just yank out some of that white mane and enrage him further. Wings pump strongly all through this attack to add speed that would only be aided by a slightly smaller frame.

Along with my teeth, the rest of my plan is to hopefully deal damage along his spine or rear with my passing daggers. Flailing as if I’m cantering across heaven itself to meet him, wings remain bent and ready to change course should he move left or right, but my speed wouldn’t allow for drastic adjustment.

Summary: Flies up then starts to fly over with teeth bared for a passing attack, and hooves failing to hit his spine or rear.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar) - by Arrane - 02-15-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar) - by Midas - 02-19-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar) - by Arrane - 02-22-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar) - by Midas - 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM